Rumour Essendon Fans Booing

Remove this Banner Ad

An increasing proportion of the population are becoming increasingly outraged over minimal issues.

Look at the context, there were some contentious decisions in the final quarter, and Essendon fans felt it caused the difference in the result and were voicing their annoyance. For anybody that believed this was a personal attack on Pendlebury is seriously deluded.

If Hird took a dive head first into Collingwood players and milked a free like Pendlebury did in that 4th qtr and then won the Anzac Day medal, which is meant to be awarded to the player that best exemplifies the Anzac spirit (skill, courage, self-sacrifice, teamwork and fair play) I too would boo my head off. What Pendlebury did was disgraceful for any captain to do in my view. Him and Selwood do these dives very often unfortunately and it’s not fair play, it’s not in the Anzac spirit and deserves to be called out in one way or another.

If Hird took a dive head first into Collingwood players and milked a free like Pendlebury did in that 4th qtr and then won the Anzac Day medal, which is meant to be awarded to the player that best exemplifies the Anzac spirit (skill, courage, self-sacrifice, teamwork and fair play) I too would boo my head off. What Pendlebury did was disgraceful for any captain to do in my view. Him and Selwood do these dives very often unfortunately and it’s not fair play, it’s not in the Anzac spirit and deserves to be called out in one way or another.
Don’t be a twit. That actually was a free kick, despite the backflip. If you have your head over the ball and one or two blokes run in and make contact with their legs, that’s a free every day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate when are you going to change your profile colours? Pendlebury went to get the ball and was kneed in the head lol get your hand off it

Mate when are you going to change your profile colours? Pendlebury went to get the ball and was kneed in the head lol get your hand off it

Seriously? Haha he took a massive dive. I’m not so blinded by my support of Collingwood to not be able to see a bloke milk a free when I see it.

It’s a blight on the game when players do that. I don’t respect Pendlebury as a Captain because of it. He’s always trying to milk frees. And like I said, if Hird did it when he played on Anzac Day and won the medal, I’d probably done the same thing as Dons fans today.

The bigger disgrace has been the inconsistency in the umpiring. Missing calls like that incorrect disposal in the last minute can be diabolical if there’s 3 points in it.

Not that the Dons didn’t have their chances in front of goals.

I’d be absolutely livid if I was a fan at the ground, and while it’s not a great look, can ya bloody blame em?

All I know is that listening to Eddie on the Hot Breakfast tomorrow will be an exercise in patience

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seriously? Haha he took a massive dive. I’m not so blinded by my support of Collingwood to not be able to see a bloke milk a free when I see it.

It’s a blight on the game when players do that. I don’t respect Pendlebury as a Captain because of it. He’s always trying to milk frees. And like I said, if Hird did it when he played on Anzac Day and won the medal, I’d probably done the same thing as Dons fans today.
Are you serious?

Ya ya ya. Imagine posting on a board posing as a pies supporter lol. Your fascination is immense.

On your actual topic, Pendles got a knee to the head from an Essendon player. He was the only player going low to pick up the ball. Would you like him to pick up a daisy off the ground and present it to the player who knees him? Your hate for the pies is blinding you on this one.

I don't have a problem with booing per se, as long as it's not related to race or sexuality or anything like that.

But today's was horribly classless and misdirected. I understand it's an emotional game, and Essendon fans had good cause to be upset today, but booing the opposition's best player isn't where you direct your rage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back