Essendon fans booing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t forget more free kicks and also benighted from the frees not played, started with the joke of a 50
a whopping 3 more free kicks
umpires didnt cost essendon the game. I dont care what anyone says

I find it funny how essendon fans arent bringing up that s**t baguley free in the last that resulted in a direct goal

Were Essendon fans specifically booing Pendlebury though? To me, they were booing the outcome of the game and the role the umpiring played in it and not Pendlebury specifically. It probably wouldn’t have mattered which Collingwood player won that award because they were probably still going to boo in the award presentation.

I am not saying that Essendon supporters should have booed, but taking things out of context can end up causing avoidable drama. Buckley could have interpreted the situation a little better in my opinion.
They were booing the Umpires walking off the ground you idiots...
There were two rounds of booing - the first as the umps walked off, the second during the presentation. Might not have been obvious from the TV, but the umps were well off the ground on the second occasion.

Rubbish you sore loser
What's the blond guys name , kicked a goal rubbish call
The goal from bagley where he hod the jumper
The ducking of tippy
Rose glasses buddy

You. Can't abolish the fact. That yet again

Essendon have no class
Agree the Guelfi free was not there.
Baugley one was 50/50 so I guess I agree again but notice you failed to mention very similar decision that went in favour of Cox(accept he missed)
Tippa ducking?? The guy is 5 foot! He got caught high at least 3 times and they were missed frees.
Enjoy the win. You guys are good. If you still think I have rose coloured glasses enjoy your life.

I was at the game. The fans were pretty shitty about the umpiring (which I don’t think had a massive impact on the result) which carried over to the presentation.

That said, it was disappointing as Pendles played a great game. I certainly was not booing.

Setting the bar low calling him a champion.
Just a ducking dog looking for the cheapy.

If he had any moral fibre he'd have handed the medal back. Disrespectful to our Anzac's he gets the medal.
Ok but Tippa doesn’t get those paid to him, why’s that?
Must be a conspiracy! Or maybe the umpires miss the odd one, imagine that. Also he is a known ducker.

Pies were the first and continually the worst supporters who booed Goodes. Hate it when it happens to their players.

Sooky supporters. Can bet they will boo other players in the future.

Oh don’t boo Jobe, he’s a champion!!!!! (and a drug cheat who lied on television)

I find it funny how essendon fans arent bringing up that s**t baguley free in the last that resulted in a direct goal

You should read this thread from page to page and take note of the posts by neutrals. Calling the free's based purely on the numbers is completely pointless and you know it. Just accept you were handed a game by the blokes in white an move on.

All supporter bases do it. That’s the point. We could find anything on any club. So, it’s a bit rich when Buckley lectures a crowd. That’s all I’m saying.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower
He didn’t actually lecture them- he just pointed out how ordinary it was. Good for him. Hopefully he’d do the same if it were a Pies crowd doing so.
Ps saw replay of Daniher mark- I got it wrong and fair enough to call me stupid for that.

It's tremendous Buckley will never get premiership success as player or coach.

No response to your classless fans booing Ablett, Shuey and Watson?
Says it all about collingwood.
The club of the scumbag.
Deflection - that was inappropriate too I didn't boo but I didn't approve - but your supporters let themselves down today.
The best defense is offense ey - bring up other examples but don't admit the shitty act today.
Hope it doesn't set the standard for ANZAC Days to come.
Try and say the most offensive things to hide the truth of what your supporters did.
As for scumbags - Remember your membership motto "Whatever it takes" - still don't know what they took eh. Your supporters are still trying to justify that one too.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nor Tippa throwing it to Joey over his head, or Joey tackling Moore as he went to kick after a mark (50 everyday of the week)

Last quarter went Essendon’s way, no doubt as an evener for earlier.

Pretty classless stuff booing a champion during a medal ceremony.

This goes double for it being on ANZAC day. Do we take the game away from the Bombers if their fans can't live up to its tenets?

If we want to cry about umpiring, let's talk about the couple of cheap goals Essendon got for soft/invisible free kicks, including Baguely's late. In the end, they were behind for 100% of the game. Maybe a touch unlucky late, but that's sport. Boo decisions or whatever during the game, once the siren goes you suck it up and accept that L, don't behave like a mob of feral cry babies.
Was Pendles booed during his previous ANZAC medal acceptances? No. This was not about Pendles, it was that he was the single point to vent frustration of some poor umpiring to.

If you concede 8 of the first 9 scoring shots you probably aren't going to win.

Umpiring was fine.

For all the heroes claiming they were booing the umpires, perhaps you could explain why the booing stopped between the Umpires leaving the ground and Scott Pendlebury accepting his well deserved ANZAC medal? To think the booing interrupted as he was trying to thank the crowd as well.

My impression was they were booing Pendles because he ducked and the umps payed the free, so booing the umpiring as well as the beneficiary. whereas we felt we had ~3-5 genuine high frees unpayed (looked it from where I was sitting) and a spout of incorrect disposals.

The umpiring felt atrocious all day, maybe watching the televised replay would change my mind - but it takes a lot for a crowd to boo anyone receiving a medal, in all my years I’d never witnessed that - the vibe felt like they were booing what they thought was poor sportsmanship, people were shouting ‘cheater’. - and yeah, obviously it’s not a good response to reply to perceived bad sportsmanship with bad sportsmanship.

But if we’re on the bandwagon of hanging s**t on bombers supporters today, a woman in front of me bent over, and the guy to my left raised his hand up like he was going to hit her but and looked at me and pumped his eyebrows - I just shook my head and greased him - that was the worst thing I saw in the crowd today, worse than the booing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back