Roast How does Damian Barrett still have AFL Media accreditation?

If: Barrett is going to keep referring to "we" instead of "I".
Then: "I" will refer to him as the "Purple Queen".

Many journos refer to themselves in the third person when writing, but because Barrett actually isn’t a journalist’s bootlace it’s definitely a case of bignoting himself.

the pressure is building. i think AFL HQ for the first time since they created AFL Media now realise the position they've put themselves in with employing him.

Seriously, they will just be glad we are talking about AFL. He makes people look up AFL on the papers website, the paper puts more time into AFL, they can see the hits he gets and will probably give him more money for it. I seriously doubt they would hate him unless he makes people switch off the code. He makes people angry enough to keep clicking on his articles, job done.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Seriously, they will just be glad we are talking about AFL. He makes people look up AFL on the papers website, the paper puts more time into AFL, they can see the hits he gets and will probably give him more money for it. I seriously doubt they would hate him unless he makes people switch off the code. He makes people angry enough to keep clicking on his articles, job done.
exactly this .... he says something that angers us we share it on our social media to voice our outrage the article from him then gets more hits as people head over to see what he wrote ... over time people wait with baited breath to see what he says next .. suddenly he is hugly popular and the AFL care not what he says as he brings more traffic to the site ... best bet is not read his tripe not engage with him and make him irrelevant ... its hard to do i know but the more we start a movement against him the more power it gives him.. fact is at club level a number of clubs have shut him out .. a number of clubs treat him as irrelavant and dont even bother validating his views by acknowleging them .. if we all do that then he becomes little more than a twitter troll

Many journos<w***ers> refer to themselves in the third person when writing, but because Barrett actually isn’t a journalist’s bootlace it’s definitely a case of bignoting himself.

Corrected : Just a co-incidence lots of them are journalists.

D2D3

Club Legend
May 20, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Glad to see the players (Hodgy and now apparently Danger) start to call him out on his nonsense.

Needs to realise having weekly digs at people isn’t the way to go about it.

Edit: Also here’s a real sliding door for him:

IF St Kilda agreed to trade Jack Billings for Jake Carlisle

THEN they wouldn’t have their leading disposal winner in Billings or their leading clearance player in Gresham as of round 5 2019.

Last edited:

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
So I got a reply from the Death Star if you can call a vanilla generic response that.

----------------------------------------------
Thank you for your email.

We receive a considerable amount of feedback regarding The Website and therefore want you to know that whilst we may not respond to your specific email directly, we make sure all are passed on to the Website editorial department.

Regards,

AFL General Queries​

AFL HOUSE | 140 Harbour Esplanade | Docklands VIC 3008​

GPO Box 1449 | Melbourne VIC 3001​

Ph: (03) 9643 1999

Corrected : Just a co-incidence lots of them are journalists.

It's sad when gossip columnists and Op-ed writers get given the title of journalist. That noble profession where a person went out and bravely researched a topic or person and triple checked for accuracy and were responsible in their output. Men and women that stood amongst soldiers in war zones and fought injustices in government that could have cost them their lives.

Calling Purple a journalist is like calling the local footy club president the king of Australia.

He’s also coming last in the afl.com tips. 17 from 45 what an idiot.
Shows a lack of original and independent thought, in a year where the Kiss of Death is sitting on top of the ladder the tipsters down the bottom are those who keep picking the favourites.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Purple: Are you considering Warnie for a position on the board?

Andrew Bassett: To be honest its not even something we've discussed.

Purple: Article heading - Saints to consider Warnie for board position! Jeebus!

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-25/listen-saints-to-consider-warnie-for-board-position
Are those actual quotes? Have decided to try to avoid clicking on purple now but I find myself curious as to how the sub editors could get that headline from that quote.

I hope Warney doesn't get invited to the board. Could be a good ambassador though.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Are those actual quotes? Have decided to try to avoid clicking on purple now but I find myself curious as to how the sub editors could get that headline from that quote.

I hope Warney doesn't get invited to the board. Could be a good ambassador though.
Worth listening to the interview

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda

This is pretty much an aside but Warney would be great on the board. Would continue the theme of getting campaigners who only accept winning involved - see Lethlean, Gubby. He is probably the best ever strategic mind when it comes to cricket.

He led an IPL franchise that spent by far the least money and was wildly tipped to finish last, to a flag.He is also extremely well connected which could only help with the off field side of things. I want to see St.Kilda embrace it's maverick streak again.

Why is the Prez giving this campaigner his time? I thought he was blacklisted? A truce between club & campaigner?

past prez gave him a door stop too to update him on the progress

maybe this black listed thing is all a ruse

Back