Who do they barrack for?

Remove this Banner Ad

"Most ex players are pretty obvious, but otherwise..."

Has any ex-player gone back to barracking for the club they barracked for as a kid (or similar)? Most of them didn't get a choice as to who they played for.

I just wonder if, after their career is over, they admit that 'I always gave my best for the club I played for, but now I just sit back and return to my first love'.

Paul Roos I believe, Melbourne supporter.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Add Geelong to Derwayne's love of Port too.
Was recently listening to the radio call of the Geelong Richmond final and his Geelong bias is sickening, constantly barracking and being corrected by the other commentators when he whinged about frees being given/not given to Geelong.

I find it genuinely amusing that yours is the second post in the thread. Shows I'm not in my own with that one.

Marcus DuQuesne

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Was recently listening to the radio call of the Geelong Richmond final and his Geelong bias is sickening, constantly barracking and being corrected by the other commentators when he whinged about frees being given/not given to Geelong.

I find it genuinely amusing that yours is the second post in the thread. Shows I'm not in my own with that one.
Bit over the top Tiger but Dwayne the drop kick is not every ones cup of tea. And not mine either..had the displeasure to meet him once and he came across as a complete w***er...hard to talk to because his head was three parts up his arse. Good luck to him and family however he has made a good living from it all.

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Basil supports West Perth just like Dennis Cometti. Sarah Olle, host of the weekend lowdown supports Sydney. Tom Morris supports Melbourne i think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
"Most ex players are pretty obvious, but otherwise..."

Has any ex-player gone back to barracking for the club they barracked for as a kid (or similar)? Most of them didn't get a choice as to who they played for.

I just wonder if, after their career is over, they admit that 'I always gave my best for the club I played for, but now I just sit back and return to my first love'.
Wayne Harmes said he barracked for Richmond even when he played for Carlton.

McAvaney barracks for Essendon as well as Adelaide. Hudson and Whateley, like so many concave-chested, pin-headed, salty Geelong fans, barrack against Richmond.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Who cares, most of em are opinionated never played football wannabees and a fair few of the so called ex AFL player commentators have got the football nous of a road killed kangaroo.
PS Big Baz is a Freo man unless he's changed.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Despite playing 200+ games with Melbourne and Sydney, it could be said that Gerard Healy is a keen West Coast supporter. His obsession with them is never ending.

In 2013 he was continually bullish about St.Kilda, which stood out as they were clearly in decline. I've wondered if he takes cash to promote certain clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back