Traded Josh Jenkins [traded with future 3rd to Geelong for #37]

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
It's weird as last season was by far his best for the Crows and in some games wasreally good - he towelled up Rance in rnd 2 for instance

Just never consistent enough with his physical presence for such a big man

Parker400

Senior List
Mar 19, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not the kind of tall we would be after though unfortunately. We'd be more looking at a contested marking key forward.

Wouldn't be too upset to get him for nothing though.

You guys would be more suited towards going for Levi who is free and can mark and would work well with Mitch Lewis imo..

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You guys would be more suited towards going for Levi who is free and can mark and would work well with Mitch Lewis imo..
I've legit mentioned that on our board. Hounded for it due to it being Casaboult but honestly I wouldn't think that would be a terrible move for us.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Gee if it's a 3rd rounder Pure you would think about it wouldn't you with our current situation?
You'd get him for close to nothing trade wise. That's not the issue.

The issue is that he's 31 next year and still has 3 years to run on decent coin. I don't see too many clubs willing to take that on.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Contracted until 2021, two years until his contract is up after this year. Can see him leaving for a second round pick if he continues not to get games, kicked 46 goals last year so he still has ability, just inconsistent

Gee if it's a 3rd rounder Pure you would think about it wouldn't you with our current situation?

We need kpfs but better than ones who are 30 and playing like a lump of wood. So no.

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Contracted until 2021, two years until his contract is up after this year. Can see him leaving for a second round pick if he continues not to get games, kicked 46 goals last year so he still has ability, just inconsistent

Sorry but I definitely have to disagree, he's actually quite consistent.

Consistantly slow, lazy and mediocre to be exact.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to not only take him on but his salary as well.

Perhaps he could be North Melbourne's next big fish 😉

VictorianCrow85

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure why everyone gets so worked up about his salary to be honest. It was somewhere around 550k a year which isn't that much with the size of caps these days. That being said I'd imagine Adelaide would give him up for a 3rd rounder and maybe even pay 250k a year of salary just to offload him if it comes to that. Really just depends if he can get some form in the SANFL at some point and get another crack at AFL.

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure why everyone gets so worked up about his salary to be honest. It was somewhere around 550k a year which isn't that much with the size of caps these days. That being said I'd imagine Adelaide would give him up for a 3rd rounder and maybe even pay 250k a year of salary just to offload him if it comes to that. Really just depends if he can get some form in the SANFL at some point and get another crack at AFL.

If someone is intellectually challenged enough to give a 3rd Round Selection for Josh Jenkins does that mean we'd get a 1st Round Selection for Tim O'Brien?

I'm sure we'd be more than willing to pay half his salary also 😉

VictorianCrow85

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
If someone is intellectually challenged enough to give a 3rd Round Selection for Josh Jenkins does that mean we'd get a 1st Round Selection for Tim O'Brien?

I'm sure we'd be more than willing to pay half his salary also 😉
you're prob right actually though stranger s**t has happened.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
$550k a year a fair bit of coin if his playing in the SANFL..

VictorianCrow85

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
$550k a year a fair bit of coin if his playing in the SANFL..
Agree it is and a sweet gig for a player really though I doubt he'd be the only one in this situation. Obviously it's not ideal though it's one of the challenges of managing a list and never knowing quite when a players form drops off. Until this year he's been worth his paycheck even if a lot of people don't like him though this year he's looked a liability thus far.

Back