Society/Culture At Least 42 Dead And Hundreds Injured In Church And Hotel Bombings (Now 259 Dead)

Remove this Banner Ad

Indonesia, Malaysia, Southern Thailand, and Southern Philippines, have been predominantly Muslim for centuries. They've had their own insurgent terrorist problems long before IS. Some of these groups have been turned by IS for example Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) & East Indonesia Mujahideen (MIT), but the majority still owe no allegiance to anyone except themselves, eg the BRN MARA-Patani in Thailand, BIFF, MILF etc in Southern Philippines as they are generally Separatists and don't consider affiliations as useful or practical to their respective causes, or the outcomes they expect to negotiate, eg the BBL agreement.
Particular concern would be returning fighters from Syria and elsewhere to Malaysia and Indonesia and any cells that they might create. Malaysian Police, the Philippines AFP and Indonesian Densus 88 have been on to them with varies degrees of success. The problem has been some fairly porous borders and areas around Poso, Jolo and Yala with Jungle terrain or lax Law enforcement that had enabled them to go to ground in past years.
Urban radicalisation is the big bogey. Fortunately there's little propensity for these groups in different countries to unite for the creation of a "Pattani Caliphate" or as Sukarno called it "maphilindo" because it's either logistically impracticable for them, or they've unlikely to agree upon who's in charge, that probably will limit whatever success that IS might have. The changing political environment prior to the recent Indonesian elections is a cause for concern IMO as there appears to be a power shift towards a more hard line Islamic path. Whether this expels the air of the extremists or encourages them remains to be seen.

https://thediplomat.com/tag/terrorism-in-southeast-asia/
a76465665cfc7a1dfb714fc1bbb9948d.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
And what is the common thread with all of those groups? Oh, that's right. ISLAM.

I get the same feeling everytime I'm in a tall buidling, walking down a mall in a crowded space, enjoying a coffee in a cafe, at a serviced apartment in Brighton, holidaying in Bali, anywhere near a police station in Endeavour Hills, running a marathon, walking along London Bridge. I'm going to run out of room here...
pretty much ****en anywhere actually, nowhere in public can be considered safe with this prehistoric religion.

You forgot taking your 14 year old daughter to a pop concert.

Why are you lefties persisting with the crappy rhetoric of "Islam has an issue with extremist terror therefore all Muslim are extremists". It's a pathetic, childish, response. No one is saying that or has ever said that. Grow up.

What people are saying is that there is a very high proportion of Muslims who are extremist and there is an even higher proportion who are sympathetic towards the extremists. Then there are the other pathetic arguments such as, "more Australians are murdered by Australians" or "more people die on our roads".

It's time for you to grow up and debate the actual issues. The fact is that allowing Muslims to immigrate into western societies country increases the risks of terrorism and increases the long term destruction of societies values and culture. If you don't believe this, just refer to what parts of Lndon are like now. They're almost no go zones for non-believers.

The left don't give a damn about Islam. How could they. It's more "right wing" than anything that us non-leftists support. The left and Islam are uncomfortable bedfellows sharing the same ultimate goal - the destruction of western institutions and ultimately western society. The lefts hatred of western society and it's institutions far outweighs any of their traditional beliefs such as freedom of speech, religious tolerance, women's rights and the rights of homosexuals. Today's leftist are dangerous bastards - relentless fanatics.

Well, this thread just turned into a shitshow of bigoted and glaringly uneducated morons

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ah yes, the old Bigot accusation. Toss it in with all the racists, sexist, Islamophobic, LGBTIXYZphobic, Christianphobic, Educationphobic, Leftphobic, rightphobic, accusations certain virtue signalling individuals partial to demanding censorship/cessation of opposing opinions to their own like to throw around.
Almost sounds like something a Bigot would do.

And what is the common thread with all of those groups? Oh, that's right. ISLAM.
Hmm. I'll ponder this assertion.
When my dad was deployed to Butterworth, The MCP insurgents weren't Muslim and they committed more acts of terror over a much longer timespan, even assassinating The British High Commissioner, Sir Henry Gurney than anyone else. The Malaysian Emergency only came to an end in 1989.
The CPP–NPA–NDF rebellion in the Philippines has nothing to do with religion either. On the 50th anniversary of the rebellion in 2017, the Philippines President declared the belligerent parties terrorists.
Whilst Indonesia controlled Timor Leste, Fretilin and Falintel mounted an insurgency against the Indonesian administration. Neither party was Islamic, and if Timor Leste hadn't wrest independence back from Indonesia, they'd probably still be called terrorists, just as Indonesia calls the Organisasi Papua Merdeka, (OPM), which isn't Islamic by the way, nor was the Bougainville Revolutionary Army (BRA).
It's a fallacy to paint all terrorism in South East Asia as derived from their religion, when for the vast majority of the history of conflict and insurgency in South East Asia, most of it has been due to territorial independence and political power ambitions. And a lot of it still is, Southern Thailand, Southern Philippines, and West Papua for instance is really about seeking autonomy mostly. To accuse the Barisan Revolusi Nasional for instance of being the product of Islam would be about as disingenuous as saying that the Irish RepublIcan Army was a product of Catholicism, or the Irgun was a product of Judaism. Extremist Islamic groups are more an exception in South East Asian conflict history, than the norm. A fad, the new fashion maybe, just as communism before it, and the pirate territories before that. It's just a testament to man's greed and propensity for criminal enterprises, that regardless of ideology or religion there will always be some cretin who chose the path of terror to achieve their slice of the earth to rule.

Hmm. I'll ponder this assertion.
When my dad was deployed to Butterworth, The MCP insurgents weren't Muslim and they committed more acts of terror over a much longer timespan, even assassinating The British High Commissioner, Sir Henry Gurney than anyone else. The Malaysian Emergency only came to an end in 1989.
The CPP–NPA–NDF rebellion in the Philippines has nothing to do with religion either. On the 50th anniversary of the rebellion in 2017, the Philippines President declared the belligerent parties terrorists.
Whilst Indonesia controlled Timor Leste, Fretilin and Falintel mounted an insurgency against the Indonesian administration. Neither party was Islamic, and if Timor Leste hadn't wrest independence back from Indonesia, they'd probably still be called terrorists, just as Indonesia calls the Organisasi Papua Merdeka, (OPM), which isn't Islamic by the way, nor was the Bougainville Revolutionary Army (BRA).
It's a fallacy to paint all terrorism in South East Asia as derived from their religion, when for the vast majority of the history of conflict and insurgency in South East Asia, most of it has been due to territorial independence and political power ambitions. And a lot of it still is, Southern Thailand, Southern Philippines, and West Papua for instance is really about seeking autonomy mostly. To accuse the Barisan Revolusi Nasional for instance of being the product of Islam would be about as disingenuous as saying that the Irish RepublIcan Army was a product of Catholicism, or the Irgun was a product of Judaism. Extremist Islamic groups are more an exception in South East Asian conflict history, than the norm. A fad, the new fashion maybe, just as communism before it, and the pirate territories before that. It's just a testament to man's greed and propensity for criminal enterprises, that regardless of ideology or religion there will always be some cretin who chose the path of terror to achieve their slice of the earth to rule.

Congrats on your history. The fact is that most of us have relatives whom have served their country (this will probably offend the Leftards out there). WTF does that have to do with the topic of Islamists attacking Sri Lankan Christians?

Congrats on your history. The fact is that most of us have relatives whom have served their country (this will probably offend the Leftards out there). WTF does that have to do with the topic of Islamists attacking Sri Lankan Christians?
You were replying to my reply about IS getting into South East Asia. You need to follow the links from reply to reply or you'd lose track of which conversation your replying to.

Miliface has banned me me from the appropriate thread so I'll open the discussion here.

Has anyone seen the disgusting video of the 9YO girl being beheaded because she she refused to have sex with her "husband"? I won't link it her because it is fn disgusting. How you pieces of crap can defend this religion and their followers is beyond me. You should be deeply ashamed of yourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miliface has banned me me from the appropriate thread so I'll open the discussion here.

Has anyone seen the disgusting video of the 9YO girl being beheaded because she she refused to have sex with her "husband"? I won't link it her because it is fn disgusting. How you pieces of crap can defend this religion and their followers is beyond me. You should be deeply ashamed of yourselves.

Not that it matters but which country? England?

How deep are these cells???

I don't know why anyone would watch such a video, but if 9 years old was good enough for Muhammad, so will it be for his followers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back