Random discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

No real sympathy for people who are overdosing at festivals such as renowned pingaz event stereo (it was Sydney and Adelaide, Brisbane stereo is today).

I just take it as natural selection..

So who can make anything out of this proposed Mayweather-MacGregor fight?

Mayweather is on a hiding to nothing here. If he loses his legacy is shot. And who would care if he never fought MacGregor?

If the fight goes ahead, I pray Mayweather wins easily. On the other hand, if he fights Pacquiao again, I hope he gets his arse handed to him.

Seems money is all things to all men. Shaking my head.

So who can make anything out of this proposed Mayweather-MacGregor fight?

Mayweather is on a hiding to nothing here. If he loses his legacy is shot. And who would care if he never fought MacGregor?

If the fight goes ahead, I pray Mayweather wins easily. On the other hand, if he fights Pacquiao again, I hope he gets his arse handed to him.

Seems money is all things to all men. Shaking my head.
Why would you hope Mayweather wins easily if the fight did happen? Been ducking fights for years from what I hear. Watched few of his fights, boring as hell. Only boxing highlights I actually enjoyed were of Tyson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to find something other than footy to occupy my mind for the next few months. Can only watch so much TV.

SO I bought myself a Raspberry Pi. I get a home pc for under $100 (excluding peripherals, but I have heaps lying around - monitor, kbd, mouse). If all I want to do is log on to the net it is great, but also enough power to watch videos and write docs. Can hook up external hard drive. Runs off linux but I am a bit of a geek so I am into all this s**t.

Also traded in my big desktop for a NUC Intel i5 miniPC. Just as powerful as the desktop but maybe a bit light for graphics power, but I don't do gaming, anyway.

So for the next few months, the nerd in me wins out.

Trying to find something other than footy to occupy my mind for the next few months. Can only watch so much TV.

SO I bought myself a Raspberry Pi. I get a home pc for under $100 (excluding peripherals, but I have heaps lying around - monitor, kbd, mouse). If all I want to do is log on to the net it is great, but also enough power to watch videos and write docs. Can hook up external hard drive. Runs off linux but I am a bit of a geek so I am into all this s**t.

Also traded in my big desktop for a NUC Intel i5 miniPC. Just as powerful as the desktop but maybe a bit light for graphics power, but I don't do gaming, anyway.

So for the next few months, the nerd in me wins out.
I've got a NUC as my HTPC, it's 4.5 years old and still does the job fine

I've got a NUC as my HTPC, it's 4.5 years old and still does the job fine
They are pretty good aren't they. I have two external 2TB drives, a Bluray writer and two monitors hooked up. Internally a 240GB SSD for the OS, and a 1TB HDD. Does absolutely everything I want. I also use a cable ethernet as wifi can get get a bit dicky (reserved for 3 mobiles, two laptops and xbox). Not the most powerful, but for me there is nothing else I want.

There is an OS distro for the Raspberry Pi that specifically addresses HT (you can change the OS by simply flipping out the microSD card), so that will be one of my little projects. Also want to build a home security system with it. Lots of s**t to do.

Just got my award for 750 posts. Got my award for 7,500 posts September last year. Seems legit
Hah ditto!
Must have established a new trophy and it's being awarded retrospectively when we log in?
Was more interesting than the current Q-clash that's for sure.

In the UK (England & Wales bit), subject to a couple of exceptions, if any part of a tree crosses your property line, you are permitted to cut it off (under the ancient law of trespass - his tree is trespassing upon your land). However, weirdly, you have to give the bit you cut off back to him (it is his tree after all).

So if you have a neighbour's tree roots damaging your yard, garden, house stumps, pool etc, you have to dig up ALL the roots you cut off and hand them back Could have to dig up half your lot. If you don't do this, could you be charged with theft?

There is some weird s**t out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back