Draft Review 2017 - Revisit the 2017 AFL draft

Remove this Banner Ad

i thought thats what these threads were for?
i must have been reading a different forum.....

If you think these threads are to unreasonably hang s**t on a young player - largely because of the club he plays for (and the fake rivalry drummed up here on BF between the two supporter bases) - then you'd be wrong.

Good rule of thumb is to allow at least 5 years to elapse before making any over-hasty comments on past drafts....Players who have already been cut & are busts are probably fair game though....But even some of those make it back on their second or third try....See Menegola & Collins as good examples thereof.

Players develop at different rates...Talls & rucks especially tend to take a good 2-3 years longer to make an accurate assessment of.

Good rule of thumb is to allow at least 5 years to elapse before making any over-hasty comments on past drafts....Players who have already been cut & are busts are probably fair game though....But even some of those make it back on their second or third try....See Menegola & Collins as good examples thereof.

Players develop at different rates...Talls & rucks especially tend to take a good 2-3 years longer to make an accurate assessment of.

Wise words. Wild Bill take note please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually really like LDU think he'll be an absolute jet

Really? Something about him is off imo. Might be over coaching but he looks slow with ball in hand and doesn't find the pill.

Even cerra has slowed a touch.playing a role for the team abit harsh..

Looks a weak draft compared to 2018

Really? Something about him is off imo. Might be over coaching but he looks slow with ball in hand and doesn't find the pill.

Even cerra has slowed a touch.playing a role for the team abit harsh..

Looks a weak draft compared to 2018
To be fair, the way 2018 is shaping up, I think almost every draft bar "the one" will look weak in comparison...

Am i missing something with Naughton? He has great hands and his ceiling is absolutely high but he is yet to show he is anything special as a forward.

His goal tally this year is 3,1,1,1,0

His potential is very high but he is being seriously overrated by some Dogs fans at the moment.

I don't believe that he is overrated at all. He is overrated like Hooker for Essendon and McDonald for Melbourne. All 3 of these players are fabulous at CHB/FB but when asked to be the focal point up front they are just not up to it. When moved back they are guns and make the entire back line better. Naughton is just being wasted in the forward line.

I don't believe that he is overrated at all. He is overrated like Hooker for Essendon and McDonald for Melbourne. All 3 of these players are fabulous at CHB/FB but when asked to be the focal point up front they are just not up to it. When moved back they are guns and make the entire back line better. Naughton is just being wasted in the forward line.

Naughton is in his 2nd year and played about 5 games in the forward line. He wasn’t even training as forward this off season.

He will be fine. Not as if he is surrounded by superstars in our forward line. Most of our forwards are junk.

Way to early to say he can/can’t be the main focal point up forward. I believe he can be but we need to put some players around him.

Yeah i totally agree with most of that, but some are talking as if he is a gun forward already. I just haven't seen that yet although it may happen down the track.

Stephenson and Rayner are still the undisputed 1 and 2 punch if you want to build a premiership team. LDU will be the best player overall from that draft class (in my opinion)

Worpel, however, is as overrated as dogshit, he just ain't that good.
Where are you hanging out where people are over rating dog s**t?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Say hello to your new #1 pick in the official revised 2017 draft:

561543-tlslargeportrait.jpg

Sorry Jaidyn, enjoy your silver medal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back