Roast Our List Management - Neglecting our forward line

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is fairly simple - since we lost Jake we have not had a forward who the opposition worry about and need to put significant planning into.

The closest we have is Schache (Naughton if he stays forward). Yes he was poor for the 2 weeks following the Hawks game, though that is because the opposition needed to put some work into him. It is no coincidence that Naughton's worst game this year was the only one without Schache.

Personally it is team selection and balance that frustrate me the most, more than list management. I wonder if Boyd would have his current back issues were he played as a permanent forward, instead of in the ruck?
That's why I'm glad that Bontempelli is named as FF for tonights game. With a taller backline (including Trengrove) freeing up Wood, Crozier, Richards & Johanissen to act in a re-bounding capacity, I would really like to see Bontempelli given space close to the goals.

That's why I'm glad that Bontempelli is named as FF for tonights game. With a taller backline (including Trengrove) freeing up Wood, Crozier, Richards & Johanissen to act in a re-bounding capacity, I would really like to see Bontempelli given space close to the goals.
You realize how little it matters what position a player is placed in on the team sheet, right?

You realize how little it matters what position a player is placed in on the team sheet, right?
Yes, I do realise that. I was just hoping that Bontempelli would spend most of the night forward. No need for the condescension mate.

Just the minor detail that Bont is 1-9 for the season
Yes, I know how inaccurate he has been this season. I thought that having a highly skilled player like Bont playing as a key forward might allow players like Dickson & Lloyd to get off the chain a bit more. That's all.

Yes, I know how inaccurate he has been this season. I thought that having a highly skilled player like Bont playing as a key forward might allow players like Dickson & Lloyd to get off the chain a bit more. That's all.

Get where you're coming from, but think it's a robbing Peter to pay Paul situation. We need more threats up forward - we haven't had a genuine threat since trading Stringer - but Bont is just too good in the middle for me to be comfortable taking him out of it. Just a situation that exposes how dire our forward woes are that we need to take our best player out of his best position if we want to be not completely awful somewhere else. Particularly with Suckling and Duryea out we need Bont's long kicking down the middle and going inside 50 more than ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back