Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Poholke on going back to SANFL
“We’ve got a lot of talent up there in the top end, so I’ve just got to continually learn off them and just keep putting numbers on the board,” he said.
“I’ll keep putting my hand up, keep stringing performances together and keep causing headaches for the selection committee going forward.”

Now that’s a great attitude even though he was disappointed to be dropped
Jenkins could learn a bit

It's interesting that Jenkins made the selection discussion with Pyke public.

How would he feel if it was the other way around?

How would Josh feel if Pyke made the reasons public, and what he'd been given to work on?

I believe that Jenkins is a much maligned player who has plenty to offer by the way. His record at AFL level is very good.

By Don’s demeanour when responding to questions about Jenkins I don’t think he’s been too happy with the media focus Jenkins has created.

All he was after was some consolidation of his newfound performance industry philosophy followed by the SANFL coach's endorsement of JJ's game and his instant recall. Bloody JJ blabbed to the media which made sure all eyes were on him so they couldn’t usher him back in under the cloak of the lie about how he went about it.

The thing with Jenkin's is he takes NO responsibility for his performance (see his comments bellow on radio). He should be 'dirty' about his performance's this year NOT his dropping. He should be crashing packs and creating contests - instead he is skirting around packs like a roving 1st year small forward. The club should play a tape of any of Jenkin's games this year and play it alongside a tape of Nick Riewoldt, and get him to observe the difference, in work-rate and getting to contests.

Jenkins explained his poor showing in the recent SANFL game as: 'it was a midfielders game' - No responsibility taken! even if it isn't a forwards game you can still work yourself into the game, particularly if you are a big body, supposedly at AFL standard.

His comments are below for anyone interested:

“I was pretty dirty. Let’s be frank. I was very dirty. I certainly made that clear to Don when I spoke to him. We certainly disagreed about a few things,” Jenkins said on SEN on Tuesday morning.

“We had a robust discussion, that’s true. I was pretty strong in my thoughts and what I thought I can offer the team but ultimately, it’s his decision and the match committee’s decision.

“I heard late Thursday — not too long before the teams were announced — so at one point I thought perhaps I was going to find out on the news like everyone else. But I got the phone call from Don and clearly it wasn’t the news I was after,” Jenkins said.

“Forwards at both ends of the ground really struggled on the day. It was a bit of a midfielders day out (referring to his SANFL performance).

Himmelberg needs a month in the firsts and Jenkins another month in the twos, regardless of form. Even if Jenkins kicks a bag he needs to be providing far more than he does.

You could bring Jenkins into the current side for Poholke and have the 2016/2017 setup for basically zero loss.

No way.

Stengle, Davis, Jones or McHenry before JJ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Himmelberg after a quiet first half showed in the second what a tall KPF is supposed to do.

This was his third game.

Jenkins can talk up his Seagull goals all he wants, but after watching Himmelberg he should be embarrassed and shut his mouth because he ain’t getting a game for a while.

People can questions Himmelberg's kicks for goal, but one thing is for sure, there is no way Jenkins would have had those shots. Wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the ball.
Have you seen Jenkin's set-shot this year.......it's even worst, didn't you see the miss he did against North that got him dropped.......

Berg is playing like Jenkins should. Competing, chasing, moving without the ball, offering good support in the ruck. He did miss a sitter, but so did Tex, he has a natural goal sense and can take a contested mark. It's no real surprise that Tex is playing better without JJ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back