Opinion The I Was Wrong thread- Where Tom Atkins posts go to die

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark O'Connor - I wasn't sure about him last season , he looked reasonable as a defender but I seriously doubted his kicking :(
He has been absolutely fantastic in 2019 and his kicking action and effectiveness has improved out of sight.
Can't see him losing his spot if this form keeps up - well done to the young man :thumbsu:
Ditto me.

He's no longer a bottom 5 player...
Would currently be in the top 10 for the B&F I'd say.

I would say top 5 even.
Did a number on Wingard on Monday to add to his impressive list of scalps this season.
Thought he could struggle for a game this year but at this stage he is probably the first choice defender in the team.

Last edited:
MOC probably bashed him the most on this site, didn’t think he was even VFL standard.

Still have the same feelings towards parsons, to be honest I hope he doesn’t prove me wrong and he never plays again.
We have depth that he shouldn’t even get a look in

Mark OC im sorry I was wrong, kudos to you and to the coaching department

MOC probably bashed him the most on this site, didn’t think he was even VFL standard.

Still have the same feelings towards parsons, to be honest I hope he doesn’t prove me wrong and he never plays again.
We have depth that he shouldn’t even get a look in

Mark OC im sorry I was wrong, kudos to you and to the coaching department
Can't say I get that. You'd be unwilling to to be happy if he proved you wrong and contributed to our success?
At least you're honest.

I thought getting rid of Menz would hurt us -who would kick goals?!?

Rohan, Dahl, Miers ( whom I was a fan of but still).

Send the hat my way. Some salt too.

Menz cant get near it up North and those three are currently killing it.

Good for us.

GO Catters

I had real doubts about Kolo....he has proved me wrong this season....a solid defender these days.

As for MO'C....well he's just a revelation. What a job he did on Breust..I thankfully stayed out of criticising him.

MOC is certainly a revelation this year. Very happy to admit I was dubious about his future.

Wasn't sure about Miers, even though my nephew went to school with him and warned us he was a real gun.

Ok, being Anzac Day has given me the strength to fess up. I’ve had more targets than a WW1 sniper. Kolo, Guthrie, O’Connor, Blicavs, Buzza, Chris Scott, Menegola - there may be others...
And you know what? At the time of posting, they were crap!! And deserved criticism! (Well, with Buzza I’m still taking shots but the guy keeps getting up and crawling to safe ground).

On a serious note, great to see our back six looking as solid as any in the comp courtesy of Blicavs, Kolo and O’Connor (amongst others). Kolo started last year in good form but faded. Hopefully this year it will continue for the full season.

But final judgement can’t really be made until we reach and play finals. That’s when we’ll really see if these players have truly improved.

MOC is certainly a revelation this year. Very happy to admit I was dubious about his future.

Wasn't sure about Miers, even though my nephew went to school with him and warned us he was a real gun.
Vdubs, you probably don’t remember but I was wrong when I said Luke Breust wasn’t much chop. He is still very good-maybe not so often against us, and perhaps that’s why I underrated him. Anyway I was a dope, and you were right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we wasted a draft pick on that blonde mature age guy out of the VFL - why didn’t we pick him up in the rookie draft, since nobody else would have wanted him?

That player is Tom Stewart and he’s been my favourite player since about his third game for us.

Vdubs, you probably don’t remember but I was wrong when I said Luke Breust wasn’t much chop. He is still very good-maybe not so often against us, and perhaps that’s why I underrated him. Anyway I was a dope, and you were right.
You are never a dope, and as you say, he doesn't often turn it on against us.

Would go allright. I'd like to Pods back in some sort of role. Dunno what his up to now, but top footy person. Worked with heaps of people.

Works for the AFL in some sort of stakeholder relations role i think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back