Review Round 4, 2019: Box Hill Hawks v Coburg, 27 April 2019, 1.00pm @ Box Hill City Oval

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
It’s a shame he is now struggling in the VFL ( ok, 2 weeks in a row ).

Yes :( He might have done some other things more astute watchers would notice, he was involved in the play a fair bit just did nothing special. I hope he is still not struggling with injury, from what has been reported he might be :(

Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Saints
Yes :( He might have done some other things more astute watchers would notice, he was involved in the play a fair bit just did nothing special. I hope he is still not struggling with injury, from what has been reported he might be :(
I wouldn’t be surprised if he is still carrying something..

Lots of positives elsewhere by the sound of it.

stemline

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2001
AFL Club
Hawthorn
FT

Box Hill 16.12.108
Coburg 8.9.57

Goals
D.Moore 3
Morrison 3
H.Jones 2
Golds 2
M.Walker 1
Hanrahan 1
Minchington 1
Miles 1
Pittonet 1
A.Moore 1
VFL App has given Walker's awesome scissor-kick goal to Andrew Moore.

Walker kicked 2 (A.Moore kicked 0).

So all goals kicked by HFC listed players.

Far Cough

Senior List
Feb 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Didn't make the best players but Stu Horner played the best game I've seen from him. He's taken Miles role in defence and allowed Miles to go forward.

And Matt Walker is Tony Hall reincarnate.
Yeah walker has nice size about him,got his hands on a few contested marks but did not hold them,looks the goods though

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Selfless game by the shoe. Took 2-3 defenders most i50 and the others cleaned up

Maybe it’s his instruction. Just get fit don’t get injured and mentor the kids

He played fairly high on the forward line allowing Walker to loiter near the goal square. Schoe is not doing the running we know he can but he crashes the packs when he can. Sets a great example, especially for someone like Walker who needs a Schoe like work ethic.

Fair bit of magic in the way Walker goes about it. Could be anything.

For those who attended, how did Schoey go? I noticed on the main board that he had 8 touches. I’m fascinated by the fact that it seems that 7-8 touches is about his ceiling no matter what level he’s playing.
Scroll up a few posts.

Box Hill Hawks 4.3-27 5.5-35 10.8-68 16.12-108
Coburg 0.3-3 6.4-40 6.6-42 8.9-57

BOX HILL HAWKS
Goal Kickers: H. Morrison 3, D. Moore 3, H. Jones 2, W. Golds 2, M. Walker 2, D. Minchington, T. Miles, O. Hanrahan, M. Pittonet
Best Players: M. Pittonet, H. Morrison, C. Glass, D. Moore, A. Moore, D. Mascitti
COBURG
Goal Kickers: S. Lowson 4, L. Dickson 2, S. Stroobants 2
Best Players: H. Nolan, T. Lever, S. Lowson, L. Dickson, J. Corigliano, R. Exon

A few thoughts:
Harry Jones stiff not to be named in the best with 2 goals, 12 kicks, 10 handballs and 8 tackles. Harry and Pitto were the only players to have a go in what was a disgraceful lack of effort in the second quarter. Miscitti 18 disposals 5 marks held McEvoy scoreless with 5 disposals and 2 marks after his 6 goals and BOG last week. Stu Horner has hardly lost a one on one all year and his disposal has been very good. Walker came on in the second quarter and is an exciting prospect. His 2 goals, 7 kicks, 3 handballs, 5 marks in his first game was a good effort. Greaves 9 kicks, 7 handball, 5 marks once again impressed with his footy smarts and ball use. Mitchington 1 goal, 4 kicks, 8 handballs worked hard and looked a quality player.

Last edited:
Back