Round 6 - Other Game Discussion

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Seeing how a few results have gone makes me feel Melbourne are in a different divisions. ATM feels like we can't even compete with the middle tier teams and I even think the bottom teams would get us.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I don't give a s**t about the booing.
Outraged they stop serving booze though for about 10 minutes before the game. * that.

People were sent to their death so I could have the quiet beer at the MCG. Instead they wouldn't even let me in "out of respect for the diggers" and once I did get in I had to wait for the NZ anthem, the Australian anthem, and some trumpet song too. And them some security guard cracked it at me for not knowing the difference between the NZ and Australian anthem.

I wish I had my own radio show so I could whinge about this s**t to a live-ish audience :(

Anyway they're my Anzac eve recollections. The game sucked too btw.

I don't give a s**t about the booing.
Outraged they stop serving booze though for about 10 minutes before the game. **** that.

People were sent to their death so I could have the quiet beer at the MCG. Instead they wouldn't even let me in "out of respect for the diggers" and once I did get in I had to wait for the NZ anthem, the Australian anthem, and some trumpet song too. And them some security guard cracked it at me for not knowing the difference between the NZ and Australian anthem.

I wish I had my own radio show so I could whinge about this s**t to a live-ish audience :(

Anyway they're my Anzac eve recollections. The game sucked too btw.
You're my favourite poster on Bigfooty.

With Hooker and Hurley down back and Daniher finding form they are a tough proposition. I'm still wary their gsme style holds up in September
They sling shot well, but any team that puts good pressure on them or blocks their run should crack them. I can see it getting them to September, but i can't see it winning a final for them

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Not sure why, but I’m enjoying the Swans struggles quite a bit.

I think maybe I’m still angry about our late season loss last season.

Not sure why, but I’m enjoying the Swans struggles quite a bit.

I think maybe I’m still angry about our late season loss last season.
When you've seen a team been up as long as the swans part of you delights seeing them finally go down the ladder.

That said they'll probably bounce right back next season if Hawthorn and Geelong are anything to go by

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
When you've seen a team been up as long as the swans part of you delights seeing them finally go down the ladder.

That said they'll probably bounce right back next season if Hawthorn and Geelong are anything to go by

Makes sense.

I also just want someone else to be as miserable about this season as we are.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think that's all I can get from this season now, watching other teams suffer. Good seeing the saints getting a reality check. Sydney are bad like us. Would love to see Geelong fall apart and I'm sick of Hawthorn. I'm accepting of Collingwood they genuinely have a great list, but please no more Collingwood grand finals. Everyone else I'm a bit meh on.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

I don't think its a coincidence that three low-skill, contested ball teams are occupying the bottom three spots on the ladder. Sydney will have to spend a bit of time re-building, I think.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I don't think its a coincidence that three low-skill, contested ball teams are occupying the bottom three spots on the ladder. Sydney will have to spend a bit of time re-building, I think.
All three teams will. GC will join them eventually in the bottom 4 you'd think, but they at least have some good young talent suited to the new direction moving forward.

Back