Review Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants @ Scrubby Crickety Ground - Sat 27th April 7.25PM

Remove this Banner Ad

LC on Whitfield: he’s sore from a nasty cork. He’s as hard as anyone at our footy club. He’s going to be sore early in the week and we’ll have a better idea of how he’s tracking early in the week.

LC on Coniglio: Coniglio has a finger issue and was very brave to play on. It looks like a dislocated finger so we’ll assess it over the next 48 hours.

Neither sound particularly reassuring but neither sound like more than a 1-2 week injury either. Will have my fingers crossed throughout the week.

Scared early on. Thought we would throw it away with the short passes, finesse kicking, with a dewy ball.
Thankfully, they settled and ended up burying them.
Really happy with that win, but still room to improve.
We really had some lucky bounces for a change.

13-4 free kick count.

Swans definitely getting more benefit of the doubt when "disposing" of the ball.
We finally got some payback frees inside our forward 50.
Normally the even comes in the back half of the ground.

Case in point: Buntine would've been play on the other way. It seems they let a controlled drop be play on but the ball knocked out is a free kick.

And again now.
A few confusing decisions.
My daughter told me on the drive home that Alist Clarke is calling for full time umpires.

Exactly. From my experience that is usually related to a culture or coaching problem. Even worst enemies can combine for some games to produce excellence but over the long term requires better cohesion.
Do you think there’s some dissent in the camp?
Players or players vs coaches?

Anyone know why are cheersquad aren't positioned behind the goals?
Pretty crap positioning
Swans have NEVER allowed the cheer squads behind the goals. They’ve always been offset like that.
That is also the bay if you buy tickets to sit with Giants members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think there’s some dissent in the camp?
Players or players vs coaches?
I have no insider info so I can't really say one way or the other. It happens quite often in football clubs and the larger playing group makes it harder to control.

Certainly there are problems with the coaching regardless, you would never believe our playing group would struggle to score as much as they do.

I have no insider info so I can't really say one way or the other. It happens quite often in football clubs and the larger playing group makes it harder to control.

Certainly there are problems with the coaching regardless, you would never believe our playing group would struggle to score as much as they do.
I thought they set up well but even grippo isn’t going to help a dew covered ball and our players were throwing it around too much early in the game.
I think the players need to take some responsibility for that.
I think the team was matched up across the ground pretty well.
Hard to tell at the ground. I’m looking forward to watching the replay.

I thought we missed Phil a lot to be that wise head down back, even though his bunny was out, he is the rock of the back 6 and without a runner his leadership down there is even more valuable than before. For most of the game we looked a 10 goal better team which is nothing to be upset about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back