Recommitted Peter Wright [re-signed for 3 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Every vic club would be interested

Unless he wants to play in the ruck, Carlton passes, our KPPF stocks are Jim Dandy thanks.

Happy for a rival vic club to overpay for a player who honestly is nowhere as good as his reputation suggests.

Any club who would give up more than a early 2nd round pick for him is crackers. Haven't we learnt anything from the Tom Boys fiasco at The Dogs ?

Unless he wants to play in the ruck, Carlton passes, our KPPF stocks are Jim Dandy thanks.

Happy for a rival vic club to overpay for a player who honestly is nowhere as good as his reputation suggests.

Any club who would give up more than a early 2nd round pick for him is crackers. Haven't we learnt anything from the Tom Boys fiasco at The Dogs ?

Carlton are in good shape for talls , they and a couple of others would have no need... what 2mp is worth is alway relevant to need and what a club has to offer. He would be worth more than a R2 thats for sure. If Geelong were serious about him they would send more North than that. As they showed in the past with paying overs for guys like Henderson ..if they want they go and get and are less fussed about the bargain of the price.

Like Carlton, we likely would have been very keen in recent years, but I doubt we'll be terribly interested now.

Key marking options for the forwardline of Bruce, Membrey, Battle, McCartin* and now Max King, and with Marshall really coming on in the ruck, and he can also play that forward-ruck role adequately, which tells me that there are other clubs who would be a better fit.

So I’d say hawks, cats, bombers, north, Collingwood the ones that would be a good fit
Gotta wonder how many clubs would want two over 200cm in their forwardline in today's footy, especially if they're not super agile or quick for their height.

Not sure Pies would want him and Cox up there necessarily.

Essendon would be a pretty good fit for 2M Pete, but considering they gave away their first rounder this year, it's hard to see them getting a deal done with Gold Coast (unless they want Parish)

I stand by my original point about a club paying overs for him, and regretting it afterwards, is he really worth all that ?

Essendon would be a pretty good fit for 2M Pete, but considering they gave away their first rounder this year, it's hard to see them getting a deal done with Gold Coast (unless they want Parish)

I stand by my original point about a club paying overs for him, and regretting it afterwards, is he really worth all that ?

Its hard to judge .. Boyd for instance..my guess is the Dogs still do the deal knowing that he did perform on the biggest stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I’d say hawks, cats, bombers, north, Collingwood the ones that would be a good fit
He'd be good but not exactly an ideal fit. Far inferior to Cox in the rucks, probably a worse pack mark than Cox too. Arguably better as a forward, possibly?

We don't need him in the rucks at all and Mihocek is more than serviceable as a CHF.

No way we pay a hefty price for Wright although he probably deserves it elsewhere.

He'd be good but not exactly an ideal fit. Far inferior to Cox in the rucks, probably a worse pack mark than Cox too. Arguably better as a forward, possibly?

We don't need him in the rucks at all and Mihocek is more than serviceable as a CHF.

No way we pay a hefty price for Wright although he probably deserves it elsewhere.

You could use him but i agree probably not the best fit for you given the cap he will cost. Geelong and Hawthorn both have a need for a player like him and a history of trading aggressively to get deals done.

Hawks seem the best fit. Getting Wright would dilute the risk of recruiting Patton in a way.

True but Geelong would be very keen and likely to have the picks and cap space to make it happen.

All depends if your clubs plans to lure James Worpel home succeeds, we won't be letting him go for anything less than your 1st Round Selection.

Personally I hope that he stays (quietly confident) and you end up overpaying for 2MP.

Hawks seem the best fit. Getting Wright would dilute the risk of recruiting Patton in a way.

He's not worth the salary he'd be commanding or the trade assets it'd take to get a trade done.

He's definitely overrated AF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back