Recommitted Harry Cunningham [re-signed until end of 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s a player that I think would leave if length of offer was better elsewhere . Is an opposition team willing to give him 4 year deal?

Not as a Carlton fan i wouldn't.

If he does leave (which j honestly doubt), that would be another red flag against John Longmire.

How many in-their-peak players do Sydney lose? They've spent 8 years developing him, he's having a breakout year, they're short on decent midfield depth (hence Papley getting time there), and he's not an expensive player.

Average salary is 370k, would think he is on track to finish top 10 in their B&F so above average, 400-500k is a decent asking price. 450k at 2-3 might actually suit Cunningham because he can then come back at 27-28 years old and ask for 600k if his improvement continues.

Grundy, McVeigh, K.Jack retire.
Smith gets resigned for less.
Lose Tippetts salary at the end of this year.

Got Jones to pay, Buddys contract reportedly structured to be higher in the 5-8th seasons than other, pretty much every other uncontracted Swan is depth player or a rookie.

So I think they fit him in easy.

How many in-their-peak players do Sydney lose? They've spent 8 years developing him, he's having a breakout year, they're short on decent midfield depth (hence Papley getting time there), and he's not an expensive player.

Average salary is 370k, would think he is on track to finish top 10 in their B&F so above average, 400-500k is a decent asking price. 450k at 2-3 might actually suit Cunningham because he can then come back at 27-28 years old and ask for 600k if his improvement continues.

Grundy, McVeigh, K.Jack retire.
Smith gets resigned for less.
Lose Tippetts salary at the end of this year.

Got Jones to pay, Buddys contract reportedly structured to be higher in the 5-8th seasons than other, pretty much every other uncontracted Swan is depth player or a rookie.

So I think they fit him in easy.
They’ll easily fit him in but he is still out of contract

The question is does he want to be there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back