• Draw

• Brisbane by 1-24

• Brisbane by 25-49

• Brisbane by 50+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayward might be back?

In (Out): Fox (Clarke), COR (Melican), Ronke (Hayward), Blakey (Franklin)

I would play Blakey for a block of 3-4 games as a midfielder in the NEAFL.

Possibly Wicks for Ronke if Hayward is not ready (and if we have space to promote him).
Too many changes for me, I really think they need some stabilisation for a little while, apologies to Fox and COR.

If Hayward and Franklin are fit, then both are in for Ronke and Blakey.

I think that Fox will only ever be depth, so I'm hesitant to bring him in all, unless there is literally no-one else. He's a bit like Rose imo, if the team is up and about, then he can come in and play a role, if there not, then he compound the problems rather that assist to address them. Might be a bit harsh, but is how I've been thinking for a while...

I'd rather give the current team a bit of run, only replacing for injury at present, for maybe another two or three weeks. It can be easy to destabilise but continuously tinkering with the best 22, I think. So the only changes I'd make are Hayward and Franklin if fit.

Too many changes for me, I really think they need some stabilisation for a little while, apologies to Fox and COR.

If Hayward and Franklin are fit, then both are in for Ronke and Blakey.

I think that Fox will only ever be depth, so I'm hesitant to bring him in all, unless there is literally no-one else. He's a bit like Rose imo, if the team is up and about, then he can come in and play a role, if there not, then he compound the problems rather that assist to address them. Might be a bit harsh, but is how I've been thinking for a while...

I'd rather give the current team a bit of run, only replacing for injury at present, for maybe another two or three weeks. It can be easy to destabilise but continuously tinkering with the best 22, I think. So the only changes I'd make are Hayward and Franklin if fit.
Clarke is shocking

He has to go out

Blakey best on last week going mostly through the midfield in the twos and then we plonk him down forward. Fking stupid.

This
Horse talks about development

Well how about he actually implements it

Hayward might be back?

In (Out): Fox (Clarke), COR (Melican), Ronke (Hayward), Blakey (Franklin)

I would play Blakey for a block of 3-4 games as a midfielder in the NEAFL.

Possibly Wicks for Ronke if Hayward is not ready (and if we have space to promote him).

Blakey is raw as

But we are stuffed and he kicked 2 goals

Let him run around though not play deep forward

For once, I actually really believe the W/L is not the MOST important thing for us. The week becomes very much about anticipating the 22 for the next game. I don’t think we can go with the Lions this week either, given the age demographic of the opposition and the style of footy they play it is another great opportunity to see what some more youngsters have got. Importantly, we still need to play youngsters who earn the right through their performances at the NEAFL level.

Bell is someone who looks like he moves pretty smoothly and looks a good size to me, what is his status? Cameron might do well with a close up look at Stef Martin ( I know he wasn’t great yesterday), Keep Rowbottom in. I think Rose deserves a run at it, and over the next 4 you will get a very good read on him.

We will probably shake the magnets up a bit now Horse has put it on the record we are rebuilding.

Dawson, who I have been Luke warm on for a while, is now showing the benefit of an extended run in the seniors...his template should be adopted going forward for the guys in twos who earn the right.....

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Yeh I don't understand what the plan with Clarke is. He was all over the ground last night. Wing, half-back, deep forward (even started a centre bounce in the goal square at least once).

He got absolutely roasted by Parker for a good 2 minutes after he turned his back on the play on the wing and didn't see the ball coming his way, which led directly to a goal for GWS (happened right in front of where I was sitting and Clarke looked like a dejected 9 year old).

There's just nothing about him which looks stand out to me. He's supposedly a great runner but he lopes after the ball and doesn't seem to have much of a top gear in terms of speed. Not meaning to pile on but he has a long way to go before he could be a consistent AFL player from what I've seen so far.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
I know a lot don’t rate thurlow but there’s something to work with imo

Can we pick Menzel this week even if he’s half fit

Agreed, I want to persist with Thurlow. He's not brilliant but he works hard, has some athleticism and throws himself at contest (particularly in the air from what I've seen). Until Ling or Stoddart are smashing the door down to take his spot, I'd keep playing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back