Geoff

Premium Platinum
May 13, 2004
W.A.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
He’s coming along nicely, adds structure to the team.

I reckon that some people have agendas against players, putting Hogan’s efforts this season down. He is still getting to know the team, onward and upward.

Agree,

The couple of flour bag shots for goal are of concern, just hope his foot is 100%.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
He’s coming along nicely, adds structure to the team.

I reckon that some people have agendas against players, putting Hogan’s efforts this season down. He is still getting to know the team, onward and upward.

I’m sorry, excuse my ignorance but I genuinely aren’t seeing or hearing this or anything of the sort with Hogan. Where are you getting it? WC supporters, media?

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
I’m sorry, excuse my ignorance but I genuinely aren’t seeing or hearing this or anything of the sort with Hogan. Where are you getting it? WC supporters, media?

Good point, I wander all over the net and maybe the vibe I’ve got is from the ill informed Vic media and disgruntled snow bunnies at Melbourne.

Maybe it is just me being peeved off with people belittling players & coaches who are slowly improving ( new teams, game plans, change of attitude ). Just feel that people have pre- loaded their weapons on people like Hogan, Tabs & Lyon, before actually evaluating what they are actually doing and where they have come from.

Basically there should be a positive vibe around Freo this season. Yes we will still make errors, but we must give credit where credit is due. Can’t stand Negative Nancies, who are just bitter for bitters sake.

Rant over, time for another coffee, ....... or is it time for some JD.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Good point, I wander all over the net and maybe the vibe I’ve got is from the ill informed Vic media and disgruntled snow bunnies at Melbourne.

Maybe it is just me being peeved off with people belittling players & coaches who are slowly improving ( new teams, game plans, change of attitude ). Just feel that people have pre- loaded their weapons on people like Hogan, Tabs & Lyon, before actually evaluating what they are actually doing and where they have come from.

Basically there should be a positive vibe around Freo this season. Yes we will still make errors, but we must give credit where credit is due. Can’t stand Negative Nancies, who are just bitter for bitters sake.

Why not both?

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards

If Melbourne fans are disgruntled at him, then completely ignore that. Absolute basket case of a management decided that it was alright to trade Hogan yet keep McDonald and get May. Good luck to them.. the Victorian media tried to make Hogan look bad during the off season with all these reports.

LeftFootBanana

All Australian
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just like Tabs, Jesse doesn't need to kick a bag to have an impact. The presence of two genuine marking threats inside F50 gives us a completely different look. Add Matera doing what he does best and Switta being young Ballas 2.0 and we have the capacity to score quickly - something that has been missing previously.

Jesse is a natural footballer who still has plenty of upside. My read is that he's happy being here and wants give his best for the FFC. What more could you want?

Hazelsnuts

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2016
The beach
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
North Beach. AIK Stockholm
Garry Lyon was asked if the Hogan trade was the correct one in retrospect.... he grinned and said he would absolutely do it again, eluding to other than football issues.
Not bad casting s**t on a player that has had more than his fair share of injury setbacks and personal issues.
Gazza should just stick to rooting his former mates missus.
And there is a few here on this board that think all of our players should be the perfect, vanilla and rigid as all s**t, well welcome to the real world- not everyone is the same - we are all wired differently- as long as you don’t hurt anyone else along the way, I will support any player or person for that matter that needs support with life issues.

Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Arsenal, Vikings.
Garry Lyon was asked if the Hogan trade was the correct one in retrospect.... he grinned and said he would absolutely do it again, eluding to other than football issues.
Not bad casting s**t on a player that has had more than his fair share of injury setbacks and personal issues.
Gazza should just stick to rooting his former mates missus.
And there is a few here on this board that think all of our players should be the perfect, vanilla and rigid as all s**t, well welcome to the real world- not everyone is the same - we are all wired differently- as long as you don’t hurt anyone else along the way, I will support any player or person for that matter that needs support with life issues.
If Gary Lyon thinks it’s a trade win for Melbourne then it means it must be the most appalling cockup for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Garry Lyon probably has more teeth than brain cells.

Let’s be honest, Garry Lyon has b.. all credibility in the footy world.

When Melbourne were in dire straits, Garry did lots of talking, but didn’t bend his back to help them on field.

Garry = all talk, no action.

Megalon

Skills pay the bills
Jun 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

I was going for Melbourne in last year's final series, but now I'm really starting to dislike them because of this kind of nonsense. Nothing against the Melbourne players themselves, or even the coach, but there seems to be something culturally wrong there. We now know that Mayne had mental health issues at Freo, but would anyone involved with Freo bag him after he left? No chance in hell.

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hope he really starts to gain some confidence, our call out for a good key forward was granted. yet he refuses to take shots from any where near 50 and has had no massive impact on any games so far. Lets hope for a break out game Vs the Bombers !

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Forwards in a Ross Lyon gameplan, no matter how good you are, are limited. Simple. The same thing happening to Tabs and Hogan. Required to do defensive running.
Hogan A grade factor is getting coached out of him. He's trying bloody hard, but the system we have, doesn't allow him to kick goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back