Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Status
Not open for further replies.
my little mate has it right - wtf would you play curnow even if he was 90%? not like he was in stellar form - bring him back to torment norf's non backline...

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
still no official out of Charlie. Hope he plays . Cunners and Garlett to miss ?

90 minutes before game start time is the time for the official team list in.

That is still 28 minutes away so no need to have done it yet. But we had enough word from people at training etc. to know he is leaving it another week before playing.

These days I like to go for a half hour or so walk around the neighbourhood after a loss, I find it helps clear the head and calm me down a bit. Find I usually come back feeling better, especially if I cross paths with families out walking their puppies or babies that I can kick. Definitely doesn't affect me like it once did.

You got me prick !!!! … I was thinking yeah maybe I should do that … until I read this bit. Then a mocked!

Well played Sir!

Really looking forward to this one now - feel we're in with a great shot of coming away with a win.

Hawthorn have plenty of quality out there but they are not the side they once were. There are clear holes and weaknesses we can exploit if we're on our game.

Not worried even slightly by their tall forwards - reckon Jones and Weitering can cover Roughead and Lewis fairly comfortably.

Plowman seems the best option to take Gunston if he plays forward, but he may go down back as he did last week vs the Cats.

Their smalls on the other hand...absolutely terrify me. And that is exactly where they can win this game. Breust, Puopolo and Wingard are all capable of causing havoc and we don't have too many capable matchups for them. We need to be very careful here.

Up the other end of the ground we can cause them real issues, just as we did the Dogs last weekend. Win it out of the middle, get it in quick and deep, and I'm backing our talls to beat their defenders in the contest. Sicily is in great form, he's a terrific intercept mark, keep it away from him please.

On the talls, said at selection time I think we're going in too tall, and still feel that is the case. Would love a fit Charlie out there but I see him out for Cuningham a real positive change if he's not ready.

Midfield battle will be crucial - and we're well placed with Cripps obviously. He'll be a real headache as he is every week. If we can get increased output from the support cast again we'll have every chance.

JOM is quality, Shiels is a huge in, but then they're reliant on Worpel inside the contest, and he can absolutely be bullied by Cripps. And we'll have a huge advantage with Kreuzer in the middle if McEvoy is a late withdrawal as expected.

Outside run is an issue, there's a lot there for the Hawks - Henderson (in career best form), Scully and Smith are a formidable trio when up and running, even though Smith isn't in great form right now.

Just want the boys to ride the wave of confidence they no doubt received on the back of last weekend. Be confident we can beat the Hawks, take the game on and really crack in.

We're a real chance of going 2 in a row here and won't that be great...

No way too small. Need more talls.............................

Yip bring in Lobbe, Flip, Goddard and BSOS.

Should kill it!

Tougher gig than last week, I’ll be utensil a hoop if we win

I seriously had o google that Chiller Chickie :)

http://www.word-detective.com/2008/01/utensil-a-hoop/

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Let’s just hope they fall in a heap. I so badly want us to win this game.

I mean I’d like to win every game but Hawthorn, *, Saints, Tigs, Crows, Pies, Eagles, Cats, North, Swans, GoDees, Port, Dogs, Lions, Suns, Heavo-Hos and the Gints I really enjoy winning against.
Crows have rocketed straight to the top of my list this year for all the many obvious reasons leaping over *,Pies & PortAdelaide can't wait for Round 19 MCG 90days to go 😏

These days I like to go for a half hour or so walk around the neighbourhood after a loss, I find it helps clear the head and calm me down a bit. Find I usually come back feeling better, especially if I cross paths with families out walking their puppies or babies that I can kick. Definitely doesn't affect me like it once did.
same - it's dreadful what friends and most importantly family members have to go through when someone carries on abusively or in an intimidating and angry manner over a football team losing - not proud looking way back, not proud at all - when I hear someone talking about 'the missus' heading for the hills or the dog being scared I feel shithouse.........

Really looking forward to this one now - feel we're in with a great shot of coming away with a win.

Hawthorn have plenty of quality out there but they are not the side they once were. There are clear holes and weaknesses we can exploit if we're on our game.

Not worried even slightly by their tall forwards - reckon Jones and Weitering can cover Roughead and Lewis fairly comfortably.

Plowman seems the best option to take Gunston if he plays forward, but he may go down back as he did last week vs the Cats.

Their smalls on the other hand...absolutely terrify me. And that is exactly where they can win this game. Breust, Puopolo and Wingard are all capable of causing havoc and we don't have too many capable matchups for them. We need to be very careful here.

Up the other end of the ground we can cause them real issues, just as we did the Dogs last weekend. Win it out of the middle, get it in quick and deep, and I'm backing our talls to beat their defenders in the contest. Sicily is in great form, he's a terrific intercept mark, keep it away from him please.

On the talls, said at selection time I think we're going in too tall, and still feel that is the case. Would love a fit Charlie out there but I see him out for Cuningham a real positive change if he's not ready.

Midfield battle will be crucial - and we're well placed with Cripps obviously. He'll be a real headache as he is every week. If we can get increased output from the support cast again we'll have every chance.

JOM is quality, Shiels is a huge in, but then they're reliant on Worpel inside the contest, and he can absolutely be bullied by Cripps. And we'll have a huge advantage with Kreuzer in the middle if McEvoy is a late withdrawal as expected.

Outside run is an issue, there's a lot there for the Hawks - Henderson (in career best form), Scully and Smith are a formidable trio when up and running, even though Smith isn't in great form right now.

Just want the boys to ride the wave of confidence they no doubt received on the back of last weekend. Be confident we can beat the Hawks, take the game on and really crack in.

We're a real chance of going 2 in a row here and won't that be great...
sh/could have been 3 - blew the double chance at metricon.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back