Preview Round 7, 2019: Melbourne v Hawthorn, 4 May 2019, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hawks play for the first time on a Saturday since round 1, when they go back to the MCG to play the Demons.

Shaun Burgoyne declared himself ready to go for this game, so if he is to play we will have at least one change to make.

Discussion and predicted changes here.

Gotta love the fixture, back to back 6 day breaks vs a team on a 10 day break
Still I get to go to this one so it's not all bad

IN: Burgoyne

OUT: Cousins (injured)

B: Stratton, Brand, Hardwick

HB: Sicily, O'Brien, Impey

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Burgoyne, Gunston, Wingard

F: Breust, Roughead, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O'Meara, Worpel

INT: Scrimshaw, Lewis, Scully, Howe

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
MC won’t have a choice with Cousins, that elbow went ‘Flush!’
Out Cousins
In Burgoyne
Against the dees, break even in the guts, make them kick around the corner and force hurried handballs , then get to the ground/ loose ball flick a couple of possies until you find a teammate in the clear and whishkaa! Smash them on the outside. Their frwd line is dysfunctional and backline leak goals like no tomorrow, so, I’m expecting good returns from the Chad, Breust and mostly Gunston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My impression was that Cous had his arm in play (to protect himself even), caught the shoulder and slid up. Accidental. Won't hurt to have a spell anyway, cos if Burgers is up and about, it would be Cousins to make way.

Time to settle and string some gametime together for this mob. Give us time and we'll click.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Would think Glass is very close, he's speed means he's not a liability the other way. He was solid again on the weekend and once again in the best.
They've had him playing the middle for a while for a reason and he's 1% acts have been high even though he's possessions haven't been fantasy football exciting for most. (VFL is always less possessions anyway). Harry if they forgive in a week would be next.

Apart from Burgs coming back don't see anyone else getting a run unfortunately. Pitt was super but unless BB pulls out won't happen at this stage.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
6 day break. Brand's gotta be well sore. Probably among many

Burgers back will be immense!

Looking forward to Big Boy vs Gawn. Reckon Big Boy will be too! :devil:

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In burgoyne if, and i cannot stress this enough if, he's feeling good and not tight. Cannot afford him to have another hamstring injury with our current midfield situation. I'd rather burgers sits out next game to be confident upon return that he is 100%.

other possible ins, glass(unlikely imo), nash(unlikely imo) , morrison(likely), moore(likely)

out: brand(really showed his nerves against the blues, responded well later but doesn't match up well with melbourne either)

other possible outs: cousins(report)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back