The Title Race

Who do you want to win the league/who do you think will win the league?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

you loved us a couple of weeks ago.

i dont say anything until someone else does.
I don’t want to keep bringing it up cos it’s been done to death and everyone knows my opinion on it anyway. I expect you and Moomba probably think I’m a campaigner for continually digging City out, but it’s the way I feel about it so I can’t change that. If you were more understanding of the way people feel about what your club has done I’d probably let it lie, but to my knowledge neither of you have ever done it, in fact kind of the opposite.

I don’t want to keep bringing it up cos it’s been done to death and everyone knows my opinion on it anyway. I expect you and Moomba probably think I’m a campaigner for continually digging City out, but it’s the way I feel about it so I can’t change that. If you were more understanding of the way people feel about what your club has done I’d probably let it lie, but to my knowledge neither of you have ever done it, in fact kind of the opposite.
people make it abundantly obvious how they feel about us at any opportunity. and the vast majority of the barbs get ignored these days.

and i understand what we've done. spent money, won trophies and played scintillating football along the way. sorry.

people make it abundantly obvious how they feel about us at any opportunity. and the vast majority of the barbs get ignored these days.

and i understand what we've done. spent money, won trophies and played scintillating football along the way. sorry.
Sorry but thats just too much of a blinkered view for my liking. I think you’re probably in some kind of denial. I understand people want to protect the name and reputation of their club but that doesn’t mean you have to lose all rationale on it

Sorry but thats just too much of a blinkered view for my liking. I think you’re probably in some kind of denial. I understand people want to protect the name and reputation of their club but that doesn’t mean you have to lose all rationale on it
which part of my post was incorrect?

scintinillating football isnt in doubt but everyone knows about your cheating to get that team on the field. its city fans that are the ones in denial.

lol

It's a trophy you're right. Still not one of the big ones both clubs should be winning. City have done the league. Next step Europe. Failing. Liverpool are doing all they can. We are failing because we haven't won anything and probably won't, but we are doing all we can. It's not easy challenging a team that can have the best player in the league out for most of the season and still get 95+ points. That's what I'm pointing out. But it just means cities in my head. Or something.

I believe everton dropped their game against city this season like they did it in 2014. Possibly United too this week.
Inbe4 "no they didn't you take it to rawk" 🙄🙄
Spurs and Evertons keeper has basically thrown in the winner in stoppage time this season against Liverpool .

Can’t be complaining about that.

You should of tried being a Spurs supporter watching 18 other teams say how much they wanted Leicester to win the league and effectively playing into there hands week free week, while throwing the kitchen sink at Spurs

This thread took a turn.

Don't get why people hate on City. Yeah I get it that they got bought and got turned into a mega club. But so did Chelsea and I was thankful to both clubs that over the years they stopped United winning.

Silver linings and all that.
Agreed. I don’t get the hate.

Reality is all teams at the top have more money than the teams at the bottom.

Where it comes from really is irrelevant when your a fan in the terraces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting luck from flukey keeper errors (Everton, spurs) is different than having teams drop games for you. Everton. Two times. In 14 and this season. Possibly United too now. Can't remember how much teams were trying against spurs and not Leicester in 16. Just remember Leicester winning like eight+ 1-0 games.

City were and are better side than Everton in both 2014 and now. But let's not act Everton were going guns blazing to get a result like they would in most games. Helped the result this season like they did in 2014. Yes you should feel embarrassed.

liverpool dont deserve the title imo

their away record vs top 6 teams away isnt that flash. 1W, 1 L, 3 D
considering arsenal, man u and chelsea are avg teams, liverpool have shown they arnt a "great" team yet. city fully deserve the title.

also wondering what affect on city was liverpool blowing a lead and dropping those points so quickly. had they maintained a gap i wonder if city would have "given up" ?

liverpool dont deserve the title imo

their away record vs top 6 teams away isnt that flash. 1W, 1 L, 3 D
considering arsenal, man u and chelsea are avg teams, liverpool have shown they arnt a "great" team yet. city fully deserve the title.

also wondering what affect on city was liverpool blowing a lead and dropping those points so quickly. had they maintained a gap i wonder if city would have "given up" ?

Nonsense.

You could just as easily point to City losing 4 out of 9 games in Dec/Jan to Chelsea, Palace, Leicester and Newcastle.

The fact is that if you’ve amassed 90+ points in a season, you deserve the title. City and Liverpool’s 2018/19 seasons will likely end up among the most consistent in the history of English football. Whichever one of them is on top of the table by the end of the day on the 12th May will be a worthy champion.

Last edited:
If Liverpool beat us they will be deserving champions.

We're on 92 points now and I'd expect that to be good enough to win the league 99 times out of 100.

We could finish on 96 points (96 was the record points tally until last year) and finish second. Madness, but the aim of the game is to get the most points. And if Liverpool do, fair play to them.

The campaigners ;)

If Liverpool beat us they will be deserving champions.

We're on 92 points now and I'd expect that to be good enough to win the league 99 times out of 100.

We could finish on 96 points (96 was the record points tally until last year) and finish second. Madness, but the aim of the game is to get the most points. And if Liverpool do, fair play to them.

The campaigners ;)

Do you think this has just been a freak pair of seasons, or are squads at the top of the league so deep now that injuries and rotation won’t have such an impact on consistency of performance as it had in the past, and 90+ points will be the target from now on?

Back