A-League Round 27 - The Final Round! Farewell Matt McKay!

Are you satisfied with your team's season?

• Content - no steps forward or back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horrible, couldn't have been worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
So most ladder positions are set in stone here. Adelaide and Wellington can swap positions, or Wellington and City could swap, as long as Wellington lose horribly and City destroy their opposition. My predictions;

Brisbane 1-2 Adelaide
City 4-0 Central Coast
Newcastle 1-1 Sydney FC
WSW 1-1 Victory
Perth 1-0 Wellington

A-league Round 27 fixture:

Thursday 25th April 2:00pm
Brisbane Roar V Adelaide United

Friday 26th April 7:50pm
Melbourne City V Central Coast

Saturday 27th April 5:35pm
Newcastle V Sydney FC
Saturday 27th April 7:50pm
Western Sydney V Melbourne Victory

Sunday 28th April 7:OOpm (est)
Perth Glory V Wellington Phoenix

My Predictions: Adelaide 2-1 City 3-1 Sydney 2-0 Victory 2-1 Perth 1-0

Will be interesting to see how city treats their game this week. Would they rather win big & risk having to travel in week one of the finals or would they prefer to go easy & settle for a derby final?

Well mate you might not have to worry unless you can get a result in Perth, youll be off to Melbourne instead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well mate you might not have to worry unless you can get a result in Perth, youll be off to Melbourne instead
I thiiiink I'd prefer that, we've drawn a couple of times against them... AND have been competitive.
If Glory win by 1 goal, what becomes the tie breaker?
Goals scored, which we're ahead, I believe..

Last edited:
I know tonight’s game is a dead runner, but the wanderers should’ve had their final H&A match at their new stadium instead of waiting until hosting a team that may not even be promoted to the EPL next season. I expect less than 10k at anz

I know tonight’s game is a dead runner, but the wanderers should’ve had their final H&A match at their new stadium instead of waiting until hosting a team that may not even be promoted to the EPL next season. I expect less than 10k at anz

I agree massive fail on theirs and the FFA's part!

Confusing post, as I don't think the Vuck are any chance of playing EPL :think:

At a guess, I'd imagine there were a few drivers:

- maybe they couldn't get on the brand new stadium so soon with stadium deals - the Wanderers were quite late to sign on, despite their success being the main reason for the stadium's expansion (they wouldn't have known it'd be ready when the draw was done, but you can move games pretty quickly as the smurfs did with their SCG match vs the Glory.)

- there'd be some logistic issues to do with their membership and assigned seating - although I'm tipping their members would've accepted one-off "come in and sit wherever you like" match if it got them away from this Homebush shithole.

- the main reason I suspect is that they just want to start next season with a bang, with excitement for the new ground, and with a new beginning. It's been such a disappointing, wasted season for them, why waste the new car smell on a dead rubber at the end of this season?

I'm certain they'll open the new stadium from a A-League perspective with a Sydney derby, but after watching the Parra/Wests game last week, I'd be in the queue the morning of ticket sales if it were a repeat of this game to open next season, it looks like it'll become a great away trip.

Confusing post, as I don't think the Vuck are any chance of playing EPL :think:

At a guess, I'd imagine there were a few drivers:

- maybe they couldn't get on the brand new stadium so soon with stadium deals - the Wanderers were quite late to sign on, despite their success being the main reason for the stadium's expansion (they wouldn't have known it'd be ready when the draw was done, but you can move games pretty quickly as the smurfs did with their SCG match vs the Glory.)

- there'd be some logistic issues to do with their membership and assigned seating - although I'm tipping their members would've accepted one-off "come in and sit wherever you like" match if it got them away from this Homebush shithole.

- the main reason I suspect is that they just want to start next season with a bang, with excitement for the new ground, and with a new beginning. It's been such a disappointing, wasted season for them, why waste the new car smell on a dead rubber at the end of this season?

I'm certain they'll open the new stadium from a A-League perspective with a Sydney derby, but after watching the Parra/Wests game last week, I'd be in the queue the morning of ticket sales if it were a repeat of this game to open next season, it looks like it'll become a great away trip.

The rumor is the stadium owners didn't want the rowdy RBB destroying their shiney new stadium seats and facilities upon opening.
Also I believe the Wanderers are going to to have safe standing seats that ain't installed yet so that may have played apart too.

I thiiiink I'd prefer that, we've drawn a couple of times against them... AND have been competitive.

I'd rather play Melbourne too, but it means a Friday night game which would be tough to back up for after a trip to Perth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back