Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's full of s**t. This topic is boring. With all the ducking and weaving, your take on this topic is also boring.

Anyway, my football team broke my heart today and almost everything else we talk about here is trivial.

On LG-H990 using BigFooty.com mobile app
"It's boring" and yet here you are inserting yourself into a topic for about the 4th time when i never tagged you. Interesting way to highlight boredom!

Okay...he's full of s**t. Just completely ignore the fact i provided proof that one of his biggest "conspiracies" is in fact true. So predictably your weaved around that and played the man (both alex and myself). Good effort LtK. Takes a big person to admit they are wrong...oh wait, you didn't :drunk:

"It's boring" and yet here you are inserting yourself into a topic for about the 4th time when i never tagged you. Interesting way to highlight boredom!

Okay...he's full of s**t. Just completely ignore the fact i provided proof that one of his biggest "conspiracies" is in fact true. So predictably your weaved around that and played the man (both alex and myself). Good effort LtK. Takes a big person to admit they are wrong...oh wait, you didn't :drunk:

OK, I'll tell you why it's boring. Despite your assertion, his attention-whoring is factually incorrect and that's why he's so unpopular.

It's clear that the majority of educated humans are aware of the severe damage done by chemicals leaching into waterways and the environment generally. That part of his assertion is a no-brainer, so no giving him credit there.

But here's the bit that he (and presumably you too) got wrong: that it is turning frogs "gay". It's doing no such thing. It has a serious detrimental effect, absolutely; to the extent that some males are literally morphing into females (I suspect "morphing" is perhaps a technically incorrect term here, but I use it descriptively). Females that mate and lay fertilised eggs that result in the birth of tadpoles. It's a horrible thing to be happening, but it's a change of gender, not a change of sexual preference.

If you think that's gay - and this is his whole point, the one that you were cheer-leading as being proved correct - then perhaps you're not as bright as you otherwise come across.

Incorrect. That's world news but as per usual assume it's only infowars news...
Or are churches and the police conspiring and altering figures?

Again, I'm listing figures. You're rushing to the defense. Say some terrible things..."I'm just joking" - nice joke. Muslim people often joke about allah and churches burning. More like she gets to pander to one culture and then gets off the hook by suggesting it was a joke.

Incorrect. The problem is people who rush to the defense to one side and try to sweep stuff under a rug. You'd be the first to condemn a priest touching a boy, and the last to mention the woman being burned alive in Bangladesh. Condemn both. Show some consistency for once

Are you on drugs?

Played footy with the flu I so lovingly received from my little mate. No easy ball freewheeling today and we played out a draw. Escaped the game with the regulation back and shoulder scratches and half a corky to my left thigh. Little mate fell asleep on the way home, and I managed to get him into bed and he slept for almost 2 hours. Decided I was feeling lousy so I drugged up, hot showered, again, get comfy on my couch with my beanie and a blanket, only for my now refreshed little mate to wake up and begin a non stop commentary of the world according to him. Living the dream!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played footy with the flu I so lovingly received from my little mate. No easy ball freewheeling today and we played out a draw. Escaped the game with the regulation back and shoulder scratches and half a corky to my left thigh. Little mate fell asleep on the way home, and I managed to get him into bed and he slept for almost 2 hours. Decided I was feeling lousy so I drugged up, hot showered, again, get comfy on my couch with my beanie and a blanket, only for my now refreshed little mate to wake up and begin a non stop commentary of the world according to him. Living the dream!!
I played yesterday after a week with the flu as well. Got home last night, and it felt like I was breathing through a straw into lungs that had been scrubbed raw haha.

I'm looking at making a triumphant return (five year layoff) next season after my ACL rehab is complete - and this just reminded me why my wife is probably right in telling me I'm an idiot.
Nah you'll be right. Made a comeback at 35 and 15 years later, almost, I am glad I live near a beach :) A footy club can be a good place not just for getting up off the couch, but also for your mental health.

Nah you'll be right. Made a comeback at 35 and 15 years later, almost, I am glad I live near a beach :) A footy club can be a good place not just for getting up off the couch, but also for your mental health.

Great to hear! Thinking I might step back in through the social footy league, shirking as much body contact as possible until my graft is 24 months old (year 2021). Then it should be as strong if not stronger than a normal ACL - any damage from there would have happened whether or not I had a pre-existing injiry!.

Good one. I was 32, played for over a decade but the club folded and I had a kid. After over a decade off.

Was hoping to make 50 still playing, played with a few blokes who did (one had over 500 senior games).

Never played with the flu but I played hung over a lot. Played without sleeping the night before a few times too. Under 17’s, those were the days
* me, there is nothing worse than playing footy with a hangover.

Actually, now I think about it ... The only thing worse than playing footy with a hangover is playing cricket on a 30+ degree day with a hangover.

Chulalongkorn University's Faculty of Medicine has announced positive results in using "killer cells", rare types of white blood cells, to fight acute leukaemia. The method is part of immunotherapy, a...

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1665884/chula-hails-new-cancer-therapy.

You're referring to Natural Killer (NK) cells

https://www.cell.com/molecular-therapy-family/molecular-therapy/fulltext/S1525-0016(17)30274-5
https://www.cell.com/trends/immunology/fulltext/S1471-4906(18)30229-1

1556486508433.png

NK cells play a central role in recognizing and killing tumor cells without prior antigen recognition, and in recruiting other immune cells such as conventional type 1 dendritic cells (cDC1). These DCs can subsequently migrate to lymph nodes, mediating T cell activation and expansion, and further recruitment of effector lymphocytes to the tumor. They also uptake apoptotic tumor cells. NK and T cells secrete cytotoxic perforins and granzymes. Interferon-γ (IFN-γ) is also secreted by T cells. NK cells spontaneously detect and kill tumor cells and they also release chemokines and cytokines, including CCL5 (RANTES), XCL-1/XCL-2, and FLT3 ligand, helping to recruit cDC1s and prime their function.

1556486753035.png

(A) The activation of NK cells depends upon the presence of local cytokines such as IL-15, IL-12, and IL-18. Resultant signaling also induces the suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) family gene CISH, which provides negative feedback to downregulate this pathway. Other environmental cytokines such as transforming growth factor (TGF)-β can suppress the activation of NK cells through IL-15.

1556486808416.png

(B) The activation of T cells by antigen presenting cells (APC) within the lymph node also triggers the expression of CTLA4, which competes with CD28 for the binding of CD80, providing a negative feedback mechanism for regulating T cell activation (inset).

1556486851523.png

(C) Regulation of NK cell and T cell activity is achieved in part via binding of inhibitory cell surface receptors such as the killer-cell immunoglobulin receptors (KIRs) and NKG2A (KLRC1), which bind to different human leukocyte antigen (HLA) complexes on tumor cells.

1556486894017.png

(D) An important component of the inflammatory response is secretion of IFN-γ, which binds to its receptor on tumor cells and induces the expression of genes with interferon-responsive elements (IREs). These genes, including those encoding programmed death-1 receptor (PD-L1) (CD274) or PD‐L2 (not shown), mediate a negative feedback pathway through PD-1. While still contentious, there is evidence that PD-1 is also expressed in NK cells (see main text), and accordingly, a number of immune checkpoints are shared between T cells and NK cells and are being explored as potential therapeutic targets.

1556487199026.png

Natural Killer (NK) Cells at the Crossroads of Tumor Immunity. The spontaneous ability for NK cells to detect and respond to cancer cells, and recruit additional immune effectors, is controlled by numerous signals. ‘GO signals’ in green represent soluble and membrane factors increasing NK cell activation and tumor infiltration/inflammation. NK cell activation is controlled by soluble cytokines and membrane ligands. NK cell recruitment into tumors and the ability to recruit other effector immune cells is governed by their chemokine receptor expression and the production of chemokines. ‘STOP signals’ in red represent soluble and membrane factors reducing NK cell activation, fitness, viability, and ultimately, their ability to contribute to tumor immunity. NK cell suppression is controlled by soluble cytokines/growth factors and membrane ligands.

Beating cancer is now just a matter of time and money, and as the money goes up, the amount of time will go down.

If the human race channelled the money it's spends on the arms race in to immunology research then I am confident that there would be little to no cancers right now. However, we spend most of our time focused on absurd self indulgent bullshit..................and die because of it.

Beating cancer is now just a matter of time and money, and as the money goes up, the amount of time will go down.

If the human race channelled the money it's spends on the arms race in to immunology research then I am confident that there would be little to no cancers right now. However, we spend most of our time focused on absurd self indulgent bullshit..................and die because of it.

I dropped out of a science degree doing immunology in third year 30 years ago or thereabouts. I really appreciate you posting that info. We used to talk about that stuff. About several steps earlier down the road and we speculated about what changes would need to happen would happen over the next few decades, specifically that bit at C. I remember a tute where we talked about that, not knowing exactly what it would look like. It was a long time ago and my life went in some very different directions (I didn't do much bio-science after that) but I still remember that tute and about how we needed to identify ways to bind T cells to tumours, but we didn't know enough about the specific tools we needed yet.

That's them. (The tools.)

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back