Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

I applied for a Graphic Design apprenticeship today. Any tips for an interview in this kinda of field? Quite a few local sports teams are wearing my designs which I think would be a huge help to me securing this job but apart from that and a portfolio, I don't really know what else to share with them. Also doesn't help that I've never had a job interview in my life haha.

I applied for a Graphic Design apprenticeship today. Any tips for an interview in this kinda of field? Quite a few local sports teams are wearing my designs which I think would be a huge help to me securing this job but apart from that and a portfolio, I don't really know what else to share with them. Also doesn't help that I've never had a job interview in my life haha.
That's awesome, I've only ever had a couple of job interviews in my life so admittedly I don't have a lot of experience but showing a bit of humor in your conversation when applicable can help in making you seem more approachable which some employers may like but still maintain a focus on the interview at hand. Also show em some of the stuff you've done on here, any relevant qualifications and feedback from people you have done work for.
All the best mate

Be confident in your work and abilities. Present a strong portfolio, and present yourself as versatile. Other than that, it's standard interview fare, and if it's an apprenticeship, you want to emphasise that you're an open book and a sponge - you want to absorb as much knowledge as possible and demonstrate how you can provide them with quality work.

Hey fellas, haven’t been around these parts a whole lot lately (you can blame the new site design for that) and I needed a little help with something. I’m trying to come up with an alternative dice football league (not a design project, more of a wiki project) with 14 teams and being from Victoria I’m not too sure where to locate the SA and WA teams. At the moment I was thinking for SA a Western team (think Glenelg, Port, West Lakes, etc.), a central team and the third I have no clue. For WA I’m thinking a Perth team, Fremantle team and either a Northern WA or a Peel-type team. Can anyone from SA or WA help with where I should put these teams? Cheers.

Hey fellas, haven’t been around these parts a whole lot lately (you can blame the new site design for that) and I needed a little help with something. I’m trying to come up with an alternative dice football league (not a design project, more of a wiki project) with 14 teams and being from Victoria I’m not too sure where to locate the SA and WA teams. At the moment I was thinking for SA a Western team (think Glenelg, Port, West Lakes, etc.), a central team and the third I have no clue. For WA I’m thinking a Perth team, Fremantle team and either a Northern WA or a Peel-type team. Can anyone from SA or WA help with where I should put these teams? Cheers.
if metro Adelaide you'd probably want to go northern, central & southern. If whole-of-state I'd probably do northern Adelaide, southern Adelaide (Torrens River as the boundary) and Mount Gambier/south-east

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Perth you're pretty much on the money, a Perth team representing North of the River (Subiaco to Joondalup), a Fremantle team for South of the River and then a Peel team representing the SW would work well.

Many of you have probably seen examples of his work, but if not I'd urge you to take a look at Port Adelaide 1870's colourisation efforts - just type Port Adelaide 1870 into the search engine under "Posted by" or visit his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/353833738719352/. Really brings those old photos of footy players and their jumpers to life!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back