Toast Alex Keath

Remove this Banner Ad

We need more Cat Bs!

Keath has been a shining light this year so far and would be comfortably be in our top 5 BnF. Only 27 so still has a few years of good footy left in him too.

I think that given he spent so much time away from football that he is likely to have a little more longevity than most players due to the lack of wear and tear on his body. Hoping for the same from Thor as well.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just going from strength to strength.
Imagine how good he would be if he didnt waste those years playing cricket.
I just hope his body can stand up, if it does he is gonna be a great long term.player.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have done pretty damned well to get Keath and Greenwood on the list via the Category B Rookie program.

Yes, not a bad draft year that one. Milera, Doedee, Greenwood and Keath.

Makes up for what was ultimately some poor trading, although Seedsman for pick 32 was a good choice. Just a shame about Menzel, Hampton, Gore, etc...

earlsta

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
76ers
Just his 18th career game right? 91% disposal efficiency from 21 touches and 14 marks, reads the play and intercepts like Rance.
Will be interesting to see how good this guy becomes because his ceiling is insane. 198cm athletic super quick key position player that reads the play brilliantly.

Gold Coast knew he was choosing to play cricket yet they still pre listed him with the 10 top under 17s in the country, he was that good.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Keath is a very poor 1 on 1 defender, and now we’ve released him in a role that plays to his strengths he looks an absolute star this year

Great coaching, and all credit to Alex (not the fake dead one) for really grasping the nettle

A guy of his size and mobility, able to read the flight and mark in intercept is a bloody hard match up

Jun 17, 2008
East Falafel Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Keath is a very poor 1 on 1 defender, and now we’ve released him in a role that plays to his strengths he looks an absolute star this year

Great coaching, and all credit to Alex (not the fake dead one) for really grasping the nettle

A guy of his size and mobility, able to read the flight and mark in intercept is a bloody hard match up
He's actually pretty good 1:1 when the ball is in the air. Can stick one hand out and hold his opponent off. Struggles a bit when it's on the ground given his size and turning circle. But he's not Jenkins bad by any means.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Couldn't disagree more with him being a poor 1 on 1 defender.

Think he has done quiet well in that regard a lot of times.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Just going from strength to strength.
Imagine how good he would be if he didnt waste those years playing cricket.
I just hope his body can stand up, if it does he is gonna be a great long term.player.
Moot point really, as he wouldn't be on our list right now if he didn't waste those years playing cricket.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Did lol at the "Not fake dead one"

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is our best defender so I am sure the club see his resigning as a priority. We have the cap space with Jacobs, Douglas, Otten retirements end of year so I don't really see him going anywhere. I think he can play for another 4 to 5 years so I would offer him the 4 years. He should have been playing over Hartigan 18 months ago so if he feels we have mismanaged him it could have some bearing on his contract negotiations.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Is our best defender so I am sure the club see his resigning as a priority. We have the cap space with Jacobs, Douglas, Otten retirements end of year so I don't really see him going anywhere. I think he can play for another 4 to 5 years so I would offer him the 4 years.
We like to sign players in August.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just a few weeks ago we had people on this board claiming Hartigan is a better player than Keath. Lmao.
Said 18 months ago he should be playing and was better than Hartigan. What do I know though. Did have some injuries but along with Doedee both should have 40 games up by now. This is part of the reason players leave our club due to match committee not willing to utilise our list. The problem is that it generally takes 10 games at least to see what a player can do. We generally only find that out when there is a long term injury to an incumbent. Surely coaches can see who is better during preseason training. I believe contract size has a lot to do with how our 22 is picked. We must always play our best 22 not only to give us the best chance of winning but also so that we don't lose best 22 players who are frustrated at not getting opportunity.

Last edited:

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
No knock on Keath who I’ve always rated and is having a great year, but is it just coincidence that everyone we play as an intercept has great years - think Lever, Doedee, Brent Reilly, and for other clubs Sicily and even Jason Cloke have looked like champions in this role. Sure you need certain skills especially anticipation but if I had to choose between having to stand an opponent or running free in the backline to make the intercept I know which one I’d pick. With all that, all power to him.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
No knock on Keath who I’ve always rated and is having a great year, but is it just coincidence that everyone we play as an intercept has great years - think Lever, Doedee, Brent Reilly, and for other clubs Sicily and even Jason Cloke have looked like champions in this role. Sure you need certain skills especially anticipation but if I had to choose between having to stand an opponent or running free in the backline to make the intercept I know which one I’d pick. With all that, all power to him.

Talia and Hartigan take the key close checking defensive responsibilities, which allows Keath to float in and kill the contest / or gobble the mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back