FTA-TV First Date - Part 4 and the summer of tennis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LukeParkerno1 too lazy to get up at 2.30am to watch the Swans now that they are no good lol.

That's when I have to get up sometimes to watch the Bears!
I survived 17 years trying to catch the Bulldog games. The first ten years I just listened to the games online. The evening games here started usually at about 4:30am. The Saturday afternoon games here were the best. A 11:10pm start the night before for me. I keep forgetting about watching the Cubs games. Today's started at after 10am this morning. That cuts into my NBC Today Show viewing and Lifetime Movie at noon on weekdays. :D

Apparently it snowed in Chicago Saturday and it was just 1C a little while ago. I rarely planted any vegetables or flowers until Mothers Day since there was a good chance of a killer frost for any new plants outside until then. I wish I would have taken a pic of my garden a few years ago when I planted my 12 tomato plants early and I had to cover them overnight with blankets, bedspreads and bed protectors to keep them from freezing. Growing season was from the start of May until end of October when the first freeze would usually occur. One year we still had some flowers left until the start of December. That must have been 2008 because Obama's Victory party in Grant Park was in early November and it was about 24C that evening. Since Jan 20, 2017 Chicago has had extremely cold winters. I wonder why. ;)

Must have different holidays, they are all going back today in WA.
Yes. WA is a week behind with school holidays. Centuries behind in other ways. :p

Anyone else bothering with Lego Masters.
I know The Brickman. He's a Bulldogs supporter and visited Chicago twice with his family for a Lego Convention. We all went to a few Cubs games together and I sat with his family at a Bulldogs game when I visited back here one year. Nice guy and family. I PMed him on another site to wish him well. I might have a look at the show on 9NOW. Legos weren't around in the states when I was young so I know almost nothing about them. I heard on the radio this morning that it's a good family show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished posting on an American site I've belonged to for about as long as I've been on BF, since Aug 2001. We watched The Amazing Race live together and had a running commentary going during the show. I was able to participate for 29 seasons but that ended last year. Now I can only catch up with TAR here a week later and read through their snarky comments after I've seen the episode and write my incredibly entertaining remarks a week late in summary form. Just not the same. We're also Survivor and Big Brother fans and this year's TAR is made up of teams from those two plus TAR teams of past years. It's hard to believe that I've been posting with them for 18 years. TAR started the week before 9/11. Seems like only a few years ago...

I saw one of the players holding a cat during a sports segment on TV. If only we had cats in the city... ;) (Zsa Zsa was jealous.)

28svmn7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back