Roast Overprojected scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Now I know alot of people don't take projections seriously and we shouldn't, but they can be a guide some weeks to how we're tracking and how our opponents are tracking

However

But as a sometimes superstitious player, why is it nearly every week I'm projected a massive score, be it before the first game of the round or early/halfway into the round, it all goes to s**t and I end up scoring something no where close to what I was projected

Now this week for example, Libba was projected a hilariously silly 140, but Cripps was too and that is around what he's been averaging this season before today, so not entirely silly like Libbas was

However, taking Libba out of the equation and making his projected score somewhat realistic, like say 100, which is around about his average this season, I was still on track for 2400+ come midway through this round at the start of the Saints Crows game, then Sloane stunk it up and it all fell apart with basically everyone I had playing for the rest of the round going well under projection, aside from Brodie Smith IIRC.

I ended up scoring a paltry 2141 and will likely crash down the ranks a bit

It happens so often imo and whenever I see a somewhat unrealistic score projected early in the week I cringe knowing I'll score no where near it. I'd much rather my team to be underprojected and players beat their projections.

Can we please do a test study across the season whenever we get these sorts of weeks and screenshot our results?

There's no way I should be scoring 2400 this early in the season with limited to no upgrades being made, but 2200-2300 is more realistic for a solid week around this time of year, perhaps around round 10 just before the byes we'll have a few high scoring weeks after a few upgrades have been made.

*yep I'm pretty melty right now 10/1180 +C on Saturday arvo ends up being 2141...960 points from my last 12 players, most of them strong premiums too (only like 3 rookies there in Walsh, Constable and Scrimshaw)

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Most players are projected around their average.

If they have good form against a particular opposition, their projection is slightly boosted. And vice versa.

Not a big deal.
Yeah I get that it's a mix of current average + good historical form against an opponent

But the point is, I nearly always don't go anywhere near that score
Tl;dr

In summary your players spudded it up.
Shut up flog

Go and trade Brodie Smith to Marshall again :p

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I feel like first year players should always be projected around 60-70 regardless of form. It's silly to see Parker and Petrucelle have huge projected cos they had one decent game...surrounded by 3 in the 40s.
Wasn't really rookies letting me down was the likes of Cripps, Libba, Sloane, Whitfield, Heeney and Danger all contributing to it

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Here we go again

Projected 2316 before the round

Lloyd projected 113, fair enough, one of the most inform defenders scoring wise, stinks it up to an 83

The worst though was Heeney, out of form the last 2 weeks with no Buddy, gets a bullcrap 124 projection and stinks it up again with a 64

Projection plummets to 2226 and have copped many a s**t truck Saturday in both DT/SC this year

So

Prove me wrong SC Gods, prove me wrong...for the love of Supercoach...

/end preemptive melt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back