Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Very solid year first up from Jarman. Had some terrific bursts and shows smarts all over the ground. This boundary line shimmey against Sydney and then kick to McEvoy was one of the plays of the season: http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2018-05-11/r8-jarmans-smooth-moves

Would be great to see him build into more of a four-quarter player.

And reduce his clanger count...

Excellent first year with the Hawks though and comes across in interviews as a ripping bloke.

Join poppy and Breust in the frwd line to bring pace and pressure like the first half of the season. That’s where I hope he plays in 2019.

Had his ups and downs and when he is quiet he is really quiet but on balance a good pick up.
A bigger tank should give him more consistency so hopefully he has a big pre-season.

Showed in equal parts why we got him and why port traded him. A liability with the ball in hand (kicking needs a lot of work) and doesn’t get a lot of the ball but his defensive work was outstanding - the chases, tackles, bodywork etc.

Was expecting an offensive player but his defensive side was a lot better.

If we can work on his kicking, decision making and ability to accumulate we will have a bloody good player. He’s young and works hard so a lot of upside in the next few years.

I thought he looked better up forward and in midfield (as a defensive midfielder) than down back - interested to see where he lines up in 2019.

I'm hoping Jars has a really good season 2019.
Can see that he could be part of the leadership group as he was shouting instructions from the boundary and getting around the players with plenty of encouragement. He comes across as a very likeable young man who genuinely wants his teamates to do well. His 1st half was serviceable today.

Showed in equal parts why we got him and why port traded him. A liability with the ball in hand (kicking needs a lot of work) and doesn’t get a lot of the ball but his defensive work was outstanding - the chases, tackles, bodywork etc.

Was expecting an offensive player but his defensive side was a lot better.

If we can work on his kicking, decision making and ability to accumulate we will have a bloody good player. He’s young and works hard so a lot of upside in the next few years.

I thought he looked better up forward and in midfield (as a defensive midfielder) than down back - interested to see where he lines up in 2019.

I'm not taking too much from kicking quality in that game considering the conditions. Was just a poor day for it.

I like him in defense because he's a perfect match up for the players who have the best record of getting on top of us - Charlie Cameron, Ronke and other explosive, pacey mid-sized forwards. Hardwick and Stratts are great against the crafty little guys, but Imps will be great for the smalls who lead hard back into the goals and can turn their defender around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks strong, quick and aggressive. I am hoping we'll see an upgrade in output commensurate with the upgrade in his physique. From what I have seen of him this season he is the explosion coming off the back flank that we need.
Yeah I want him on the HB line. His FU endeavour to break lines is terrific and with some fitness I can see him being part of some stellar end to end match winning goals in the last quarter

Going to be so vital for us, literally has every trick in the book as a defender. Rebounding, intercepting, 1 on 1, strength, aerial ability, closing speed and good disposal generally

His defensive work has been fantastic this year, especially overhead marking.

And his acceleration away from an opponent is so powerful.

He knows he's fast and just takes off.

His courage sitting in the hole and taking those marks has been hands down the most exciting part of his game this season.

Takes a huge amount of courage, too.

And Impey's been converted the Clarko way: recruit a small forward, turn him into a gun, high-marking defender!

This bloke could literally be anything. Remember watching him in the U/16 & u/18 age groups and his forward line pressure and work rate was immense for a small forward.

To convert him into an elite small defender has been exceptional as well, honestly think that he will eventually be moved back up forward for us.

Such a savvy recruitment. He has definitely flown under the radar when compared to the others we've brought in over the last few years, but he's definitely delivered and then some.

I knew he would be a good runner and probably a pretty good kick too, but the defensive and aerial sides of his game have been super impressive. Floating back into a big pack to take a clean, one touch overhead mark has become a signature play for him.

Seriously great pick up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back