AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel for him as he was pretty upset about the whole issue at quarter time but it the exact reason why I said trade him while he still had some vale. Here we are again. Round 6 and his second injury.

Hes the definition of a list clogger - this is his 5th season at the club and hes only played 30 AFL games - thats an average 7.5 AFL games a year...!!
Constantly breaks down and whilst it is frustrating for fans it must be doubly frustrating for him. If theres any chance we can offload him for something in return at any point from hereon we should grab it

He is not. He has a lot of attributes. He has had injuries every year, including most of all previous pre-seasons. There is no reason to not still hold out hope he will get on top of them all. Myers had just as bad a run with injuries at this stage of his career. He's been pretty durable for 4 or 5 years now.

He’ll do what he has each year - sustain injuries on a regular basis and play reserves 1st half of year. Then he’ll come to the seniors in the second half of the season and play one or two flashy games and we will all think he’s worth keeping on the list but he’ll break down again. Super frustrating - he’s going to be one of those players that never reaches his potential as his body is just not cut out for AFL

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I suspect a club will take a chance on him in 2020, though I think he is borderline AFL standard.

Yes he is contracted until end of 2020 - so we might squeeze 4 or 5 senior games out of him towards the end of this year and hope he doesnt break down again so he can at least be a depth option in 2020

Hes the definition of a list clogger
He's only a list clogger if his salary is higher than what he's worth.

His last two contract negotiations have come down to the wire and I expect it has alot to do with the fact the club aren't offering him what he thinks he's worth, due to lack of sustainability - but I'm only speculating.

Personally, I'd happily keep him on our list provided his contract reflects what we realistically think we can get out of him. Hypothetically if he wanted more, I'd be happy for him to test out the market.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like our 2014 AFL draft is an absolute disaster. None of our top picks are AFL standard.
remember at the time thinking we'd done quite well.
two highly rated kids that slid.
the loss of Ryder for unders, and the draft sanction, looked to be largely mitigated.

We have Mckenna in our 22.
Smack, Langford, Laverde, Long all very very fringe at the moment.
still hold out hope for Langford to turn into a HFF/Winger at AFL level. Kid is skilled, can play. Just needs to get the right level of intensity.

Its a shame, cos minus injury, i reckon Laverde is in our fwd line over Baguley. Just can't avoid them.

Its a shame, cos minus injury, i reckon Laverde is in our fwd line over Baguley. Just can't avoid them.

After that great game against Port last year, I half expected us to start with Laverde in the seniors and use Baguley as a backup - which to me seemed sensible. Such a shame he hasn't had a game in the seniors yet and probaby won't for some time.

Wait a sec. Didn't he change numbers in the off-season? I thought that was supposed to fix his injury issues!?
This bloody club.

Maybe the new number is also cursed and he needs to keep switching numbers till he finds a non-injury-cursed number.

Or maybe he is simply susceptible to injuries. I'm no doctor, but that could make more sense.

He didn’t look that bad walking off with the lads at half time. Hope he’s ok
If that was not bad then I would hate to see bad. He did not look great to me. Very stiff in the right leg.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back