Injury Injury Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Been quiet in here this season!

Clays Beams will be a test this week for his hammy.

Bewick is looking likely out for 6-8 weeks with a hand injury.

According to Paul Roos' chart he offered the other night in "On the Couch" the Lions have the best injury list of any club this season by an absolute street.

Adelaide have one of the worst. Join the dots. Begins with "B".

According to Paul Roos' chart he offered the other night in "On the Couch" the Lions have the best injury list of any club this season by an absolute street.

Adelaide have one of the worst. Join the dots. Begins with "B".
It's been quite marvellous,after being worse than average for the last 12 or so years.Getting more games into everyone across the board enables list decision making a lot easier and develops the team quicker.Hopefully some of this good fortune can flow into next season as well.

MEagles requires surgery and is out for the year.

Hope he gets another look in next year
Shame that. Showed more than a few signs. Can't imagine they wouldn't relist if they have the list space. Would he have to be senior listed or can he be rookied again either as A or B? dlanod ?

Shame that. Showed more than a few signs. Can't imagine they wouldn't relist if they have the list space. Would he have to be senior listed or can he be rookied again either as A or B? dlanod ?
3 yrs rookie, unless it’s changed with the new rookie rules

He's got another year of rookie eligibility (only on our list for 2017 and 2018), and if he's kept as a rookie he should be right to stay in his Cat B slot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casualty Ward, 2019 preseason: Every AFL club’s injury list
BRISBANE LIONS

Marcus Adams (Knee) — 3 weeks
Jarrod Berry (Glandular fever) — 1 week
Charlie Cameron (hamstring) — TBC
Allen Christensen (Ankle) — 1 week
Darcy Gardiner (Knee) — 3-4 weeks
Stefan Martin (Ankle) — Test
Connor McFadyen (Foot) — 2-3 weeks
Jack Payne (Shin) — 4-6 weeks
Josh Walker (Ankle) — TBC
Article posted overnight, although not sure of the accuracy given it still lists Jarrod Berry as a week away.

Wonder what the issue is with Josh Walker and whether Stef Martin is a fresh injury.

Casualty Ward, 2019 preseason: Every AFL club’s injury list

Article posted overnight, although not sure of the accuracy given it still lists Jarrod Berry as a week away.

Wonder what the issue is with Josh Walker and whether Stef Martin is a fresh injury.
I thought after the game there were a few that pulled up a little lame after the final siren.
Including Hippy, McCarthy and Rayner (they may have all been cramp).
But I didn’t notice Walker?

Most recent update on AFL.com has Tom Fullarton and NRobbo with hamstrings (2-3 weeks). Seems such a long time since we have had any hamstring issues at the Club...fingers crossed!

I can't remember the last time we had two players on the bench at the same time with their hammy's iced...pretty rare scene for any club. We have also just lost Bailey with a hammy so there is a bit of a worrying trend on this issue: Fullarton, NRobbo, Bailey, Andrews and Matho. I reckon our fitness team would be concerned, particularly given their amazing record since Burton left. I wonder what changed, if anything, over our pre-season.

I can't remember the last time we had two players on the bench at the same time with their hammy's iced...pretty rare scene for any club. We have also just lost Bailey with a hammy so there is a bit of a worrying trend on this issue: Fullarton, NRobbo, Bailey, Andrews and Matho. I reckon our fitness team would be concerned, particularly given their amazing record since Burton left. I wonder what changed, if anything, over our pre-season.

The last episode of uncaged had an interesting segment which featured some equipment they used to predict a players vulnerability to hamstring injuries. A huge amount of science behind predicting injuries you'd think given all our hamstring injuries they'll learn about how well it's working.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back