hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Melbourne clubs will come for him, but he strikes me as a guy who won't cost the earth to keep

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Talia and Hartigan take the key close checking defensive responsibilities, which allows Keath to float in and kill the contest / or gobble the mark
Exactly. Which role would rather play, Keath's or Talia/Hartigan's? They're both equally important roles for the team but the intercept guy gets more kudos, especially from the general public and sports commentators if not the coaches.

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will be interesting to see what happens with Keath next year when Doedee is back, they both play very well as the 3rd tall, neither of them very good at playing 1 on 1 against a key forward in the Talia/Hartigan roles.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
A guy not motivated to maximise his earning potential?

I’ve never met that guy
Not solely no. Of course it's going to be a good deal for him, but not a Lever or Gov type demand

spexau

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think we still have one more contracts grace (good faith on Haggis looking after him) before he starts to seriously look at other teams offers.

I think he will re sign for 2 more years.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's 27 you know. Based on this year's form our next contract to him would be 4 years and a significant pay increase.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think we still have one more contracts grace (good faith on Haggis looking after him) before he starts to seriously look at other teams offers.

I think he will re sign for 2 more years.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah I'm not too worried about Keath going anywhere at seasons end. Think we will push out Hartigan before losing Keath! From memory Hartigan is on decent coin as well. $350-400k range

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
And if a Melb club offers say 50% more?
Have they got a bigger cap than us? If we manage our cap well we should be able to match any offer for premium players. If we manage our cap well we should be gaining players from other clubs that don't manage their cap well. Do you see a trend? If we never get rid of players who are surplus to our needs that is not managing your cap well.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Is it time to acknowledge that Jake Lever was and is not worth even close to what Melbourne paid for him? I mean a Cat B rookie is now doing what he did.

*and to all the nufties that isn't a broad everything is great at the AFC comment and we all know they don't get everything right so please we don't need your angst.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Is it time to acknowledge that Jake Lever was and is not worth even close to what Melbourne paid for him? I mean a Cat B rookie is now doing what he did.

*and to all the nufties that isn't a broad everything is great at the AFC comment and we all know they don't get everything right so please we don't need your angst.
Keath would've have gone gone top 10, possibly even top 5 if he was drafted to Gold Coast.

In his first year at Adelaide he continued to play district and BBL (I think) and both he and Greenwood were paid a bucket load more than a basic rookie wage

Keath would've have gone gone top 10, possibly even top 5 if he was drafted to Gold Coast.

In his first year at Adelaide he continued to play district and BBL (I think) and both he and Greenwood were paid a bucket load more than a basic rookie wage

He was drafted to Gold Coast as a 17-year-old pre-selection, same as Charlie Dixon

Back