Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

And the developers decide to risk the brilliance of this game with weekly grind challenges. **** me they better not interfere with gameplay because if I'm getting teamed up with campaigners trying to grind challenges over competing this game just officially died

Where are the challenges? I haven't seen them, but agree I would be disappointed if they affect the game in anyway.

Challenges are fine. Its stuff like below. The Devs have said they don't want anthing to * with gameplay. Its stuff like "say this quick chat x times" "play x games with y topper".

1554934504420.png

Challenges are fine. Its stuff like below. The Devs have said they don't want anthing to **** with gameplay. Its stuff like "say this quick chat x times" "play x games with y topper".

View attachment 652113

Fair enough. I didn't think they'd be stupid enough to risk the gameplay, but you never know.

Where are the challenges? I haven't seen them, but agree I would be disappointed if they affect the game in anyway.

They start with the next rocket pass on 17th april

Had a shocking night last night. Normally break even, but five straight losses was enough to call it for the night.

First game simply outplayed. One of the opposition players was a total beast.
Second game had a teammate that was doing things like calling for it on kick off and not going for it, one time even went late and deflected a shot straight into goal.
Third game my random teammate had ping issues and quit a minute in.
Fourth was a really good game. It was goal for goal until they went 5-4 ahead in the last 20 seconds.
Fifth I was getting frustrated from previous results and tried too hard and instead kept whiffing and being caught out of position.

Hopefully tonight I have one of those nights where everything I touch turns to gold.

Such a genius idea to end the rocket pass 1 last month, with no rocket pass 2 ready to go.
Yeah thought it was a ridiculous decision at the time. Now I can only assume it was because this challenge system was ready to go.

My Xbox version has gone a bit backward since the last patch. I've noticed that the audio during games has been altered (may have to reinstall or something ?). The sound effects level seems boosted - interacting with the ball (be it hitting it against the wall, scoring a goal, smacking into other cars etc). But there's no longer any atmosphere in the matches themselves (eg: can't hear the crowd noise etc).

It's bizarre

I booted the game up on the Switch before just as a test and I'm getting the audio as it should be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Xbox version has gone a bit backward since the last patch. I've noticed that the audio during games has been altered (may have to reinstall or something ?). The sound effects level seems boosted - interacting with the ball (be it hitting it against the wall, scoring a goal, smacking into other cars etc). But there's no longer any atmosphere in the matches themselves (eg: can't hear the crowd noise etc).

It's bizarre

I booted the game up on the Switch before just as a test and I'm getting the audio as it should be.

Yeah its happened on PC too, it sounds like the stadium is empty when you hit the ball and has a really weird echo sound to it. I've been playing it since it came out and every update the sound goes weird for a while and they usually fix it.

Yeah its happened on PC too, it sounds like the stadium is empty when you hit the ball and has a really weird echo sound to it. I've been playing it since it came out and every update the sound goes weird for a while and they usually fix it.

I didn't notice it on pc until yesterday, I thought it was normal then... wait a tick it's too quiet just like on the Xbox lol.

zBsofSi.png

Quick screenshot of my pc stats. Attempting to get them up a bit (embarrassingly low as I don't play it on pc as much as Xbox or the Switch or PS4 for that matter).

Last edited:
"obviously not any skill if you have to bump"

then

"I hate it when players complain when they get bumped, it's part of the game"

lol

I have no idea why, but i try to bring an AFL mindset when it comes to rocket league. If i can block some dude from getting the ball so my teammate can have a shot i'll go for it every day of the week

I have no idea why, but i try to bring an AFL mindset when it comes to rocket league. If i can block some dude from getting the ball so my teammate can have a shot i'll go for it every day of the week

If my teammate is dribbling I'll try it, and I always look for it when the opposition is centring, but besides those times I always miss because I'm glued to ball cam. Probably run into my own teammate more when cycling back to defence and tracking a ball though :eek:

Also "stop chasing the ball"

I still remember one game I had a teammate who ball chased everything. If it was in defence and I was launching to clear it into our half he would come in sideways, if I was taking a shot he'd crash into me. Then randomly he told me to "stop ballchasing noob". I thought he was trolling but he kept at it. When I finally called him up on it he had a tantrum and started knocking in own goals. After that I called him a brat and he said he reported me for abuse lol.

Rocket League community can be horribly toxic.

Rocket League community can be horribly toxic.
I don't normally report anyone in games, I usually just filter it out. But this game is horrible, I report anyone that swears at me. This is the most satisfying screen to login to:

IMG_20190429_200922.jpg

I don't normally report anyone in games, I usually just filter it out. But this game is horrible, I report anyone that swears at me. This is the most satisfying screen to login to:

View attachment 664484

Yeah I'll report campaigners that are going over the top or scoring in own goal/sitting around doing nothing after going down 2 quick goals or s**t like that.

Having said that, nothing better than running a train on campaigners who get mouthy after 2-3 early goals and spamming the * out of them in the chat

View attachment 664484

Lol I do that too, love that screen. I admit that sometimes I might encourage it a bit by saying things like "please don't use that sort of language".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back