Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I see HKs superstar Beauty Generation looking likely to head to Japan next month to take on Almond Eye

Good to see them being prepared to travel. Wonder if Cox Plate on either those horses radar

Highly unlikely unfortunately.

Just on the cox plate... how frustrating is it that Sydney have made the golden eagle the week after. Will split the fields.

Highly unlikely unfortunately.

Just on the cox plate... how frustrating is it that Sydney have made the golden eagle the week after. Will split the fields.

Most of the squibs lining up in the Golden Eagle wouldn't be good enough for a Cox Plate anyway.

Others dodged the All Star Mile for less $/more prestigious races - I expect the same to happen.

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Most of the squibs lining up in the Golden Eagle wouldn't be good enough for a Cox Plate anyway.

Others dodged the All Star Mile for less $/more prestigious races - I expect the same to happen.

Mystic Journey likely to go to the Cox Plate, Arcadia Queen (who knows) & Brutal (possibly just a handicapper so goes to the Golden Eagle) probably the 3.

Verry Elleegant likely more suited to 2000 but won't win the Cox Plate so they probably go to the Eagle as well.

FWIW, I've got something on Terbium in the Golden Eagle.

Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Mystic Journey likely to go to the Cox Plate, Arcadia Queen (who knows) & Brutal (possibly just a handicapper so goes to the Golden Eagle) probably the 3.

Verry Elleegant likely more suited to 2000 but won't win the Cox Plate so they probably go to the Eagle as well.

Verry Elleegant should do the Jameka and go Caulfield Cup with the lightweight, would be very hard to beat.
Bob Peters not sure whether Sydney or Victoria for AQ because of the regu-mate ban in Victoria. Otherwise would be 100% Cox Plate path.

Brutal wouldn't win a Cox Plate if it carried 48 kgs and started today - thought AQ was going Sydney anyway as they want to use the mares drug.

Your VE point is exactly the point - the only ones going here are those who won't be good enough to win a Cox Plate - and the one who is (MJ) is already targeting it.

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Brutal wouldn't win a Cox Plate if it carried 48 kgs and started today - thought AQ was going Sydney anyway as they want to use the mares drug.

Your VE point is exactly the point - the only ones going here are those who won't be good enough to win a Cox Plate - and the one who is (MJ) is already targeting it.

Agreed, I was more just fleshing out my post, hahahahaha

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
The 3 days of the Warrnambool carnival starts tomorrow. Im heading down for the Wednesday and Thursday- my liver (and wallet) not up to 3 days straight.

Tuesday

Race 7 no 3 Nashville Sound - on the up and could be a class above these.

Race 9 no 3 Moor Wanted - was posted $14s on opening and crunched immediately into $5. Is working a treat by all accounts.

qarocks

Club Legend
Apr 28, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
The 3 days of the Warrnambool carnival starts tomorrow. Im heading down for the Wednesday and Thursday- my liver (and wallet) not up to 3 days straight.

Tuesday

Race 7 no 3 Nashville Sound - on the up and could be a class above these.

Race 9 no 3 Moor Wanted - was posted $14s on opening and crunched immediately into $5. Is working a treat by all accounts.

I can’t do the jumps, I get way too anxious. Dangerous enough racing them flat out but then add jumps and their pin glass legs :oops::oops::straining::straining::straining:

bigdog43

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Just on Arcadia Queen I think William Pike said Today that he will be returning to Melbourne this year to win the Cox Plate.

Yeah but probably with Graff

c25.gif

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
still trying to work out how Valour road and Lady Cosmology only 2 3yo's contesting in SA from WA while Special Reward didn't make the cut sitting at home starting his picket fence from the same stable, pretty poor planning.

SR has a few lengths on VR, not so much LC but confused why she is in a 1200m race with a PB over the mile. whole thing doesn't make sense.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
South Australia in general is ******* terrible.

Terbium the highlight of the day if he goes there.
Oakbank is an example of the decline

10 years ago the two days over easter attracted monster crowds (100,000) with the festival a highlight of the calendar.

This year 20,000 turned up saturday and less than 5k on the Monday

Back