PC Football Manager 2019

Anybody play FM on a Mac?

Want to get FM20, (I miss playing it so much), but I'll need a new laptop.

I usually run the big 5 European leagues, the Championship and Argentina, Brazil, with a badges pack and a facepack.

Based on FM19 requirements for a Mac - this is what's needed;
  • OS: 10.10.5, 10.11.6, 10.12.5, 10.13.5, 10.14 – 64-bit.
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 – 1.8 GHz +
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM.
  • Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM.
  • Storage: 7 GB available space.
  • Additional Notes: OpenGL: 2.1.
I can see a Macbook Air has the following specs;
  • Processor Type - Intel Core i5
  • Processor Cores - Dual Core
  • Processor Memory Cache - 4MB L3
  • Processor Clock Speed (GHz) - 1.6
  • Processor Max. Clock Speed (GHz) - 3.6
  • RAM (GB) - 8.0
  • SSD Storage - 128GB
  • Total Storage - 128GB
  • Graphics processor - Intel UHD Graphics 617
Will the processor struggle? And is the graphics card sufficient enough? Or will it run fine - while browsing too - based on the above?

Thanks boys.

Can’t say I know too much about the processors etc. but I run FM19 on a standard Mac air and it runs fine, only goes slower if I’m downloading movies in the background. I run England datbase (VNL > Prem), Australian database (Tier 3 > A League), MLS and Czech leagues 1 and 2 and have no real issues

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Can’t say I know too much about the processors etc. but I run FM19 on a standard Mac air and it runs fine, only goes slower if I’m downloading movies in the background. I run England datbase (VNL > Prem), Australian database (Tier 3 > A League), MLS and Czech leagues 1 and 2 and have no real issues
And you browse at the same time as playing (IE waiting for days to change), and it's fine?

And you browse at the same time as playing (IE waiting for days to change), and it's fine?

Yeah seems fine to me. It doesn't whiz by like it would on a high end PC, but it's not like you're sitting there 60+ seconds waiting for each day to change. Goes pretty quick. if i drop a league off (especially the Australian database) it speeds up too, but i've never had any bothers playing on there. Take my laptop to work etc. on quiet days and play and can quickly swap windows back to important pages when required :p

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Juve, Claremont, GSW
RickSanchez get yourself ready.

I'm jumping back on board very soon hopefully.

Tips?

Who to sign? Anything I should look out for?

Welcome back!

It's harder these days to find those wonderkids like in the older ones, but it definitely can be done.
Arsenal are strangely rated quite highly in the game and you get a lot of money in the transfer windows, if only that happened in real life.
It pretty much feels like the last few FMs with new databases and some minor tweaks.
I'm having a lot of success 4-2-3-1, both at Arsenal and AC Milan.

Rabiot can be signed on a free after the first season, so try offer him a contract January 1st or so in 2019.
Probably the last season that De Ligt can be purchased pretty cheaply as well, as in the 30-40m range. I think he got some stat improvements as well in the recent update.

Looking through my old save there aren't many stand out wonder kids I've purchased actually, and the likes of Smith-Rowe don't develop as well as you'd like.
Maitland-Niles stats don't look amazing but he's a pretty good rotation player, managed to get some decent ratings.
Torreira is a beast in the game, always does very well for me.
Ozil is like real life, hit or miss, but you may struggle to sell him.

Lobo and Fussing are two wonderkids I got but I'm not sure if they are regens or not, they look pretty decent.
At the very least you might make a bit of money from selling them.
I think the money given to me was crazy so I was able to sign well known name players like Dembele, Mbappe, etc.
Tierney is a good LB as usual without having to break the budget.
I used Auba more the first season then I started using Lacazette more and found him to be better. Would get involved more and take his chances better.

There are some decent older databases on steam which are quite fun, think I got one from the early 2000's.
Crazy to think you can get so many guns for relatively cheap prices, especially the younger ones which develop into future well known stars that we all know.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Welcome back!

It's harder these days to find those wonderkids like in the older ones, but it definitely can be done.
Arsenal are strangely rated quite highly in the game and you get a lot of money in the transfer windows, if only that happened in real life.
It pretty much feels like the last few FMs with new databases and some minor tweaks.
I'm having a lot of success 4-2-3-1, both at Arsenal and AC Milan.

Rabiot can be signed on a free after the first season, so try offer him a contract January 1st or so in 2019.
Probably the last season that De Ligt can be purchased pretty cheaply as well, as in the 30-40m range. I think he got some stat improvements as well in the recent update.

Looking through my old save there aren't many stand out wonder kids I've purchased actually, and the likes of Smith-Rowe don't develop as well as you'd like.
Maitland-Niles stats don't look amazing but he's a pretty good rotation player, managed to get some decent ratings.
Torreira is a beast in the game, always does very well for me.
Ozil is like real life, hit or miss, but you may struggle to sell him.

Lobo and Fussing are two wonderkids I got but I'm not sure if they are regens or not, they look pretty decent.
At the very least you might make a bit of money from selling them.
I think the money given to me was crazy so I was able to sign well known name players like Dembele, Mbappe, etc.
Tierney is a good LB as usual without having to break the budget.
I used Auba more the first season then I started using Lacazette more and found him to be better. Would get involved more and take his chances better.

There are some decent older databases on steam which are quite fun, think I got one from the early 2000's.
Crazy to think you can get so many guns for relatively cheap prices, especially the younger ones which develop into future well known stars that we all know.
Maybe will have it by the end of the week.

Who did you play in the middle? I'd definitely keep Torreira. I have no idea what else I'd do. I feel like I'd try to completely reinvigorate the squad. I'd turf Mustafi, Iwobi, El-Neny, Welbeck at the very least - provided I could get takers.

Feel like I'd try and sign Fraser too from Bournemouth. Maybe Maddison too (think he just joined this season though).

No idea what formation I'd play either. I'd love to use Auba and Laca together, but midfield has always been key in FM.

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Maybe will have it by the end of the week.

Who did you play in the middle? I'd definitely keep Torreira. I have no idea what else I'd do. I feel like I'd try to completely reinvigorate the squad. I'd turf Mustafi, Iwobi, El-Neny, Welbeck at the very least - provided I could get takers.

Feel like I'd try and sign Fraser too from Bournemouth. Maybe Maddison too (think he just joined this season though).

No idea what formation I'd play either. I'd love to use Auba and Laca together, but midfield has always been key in FM.

Mustafi is somewhat OK in the game, but you could probably get a decent amount for him and replace him with De Ligt.

You should get takers for most, if not, all those players.

I can't remember who I played with Torreira I'll have another look soon.
I think I might've got Fabinho actually the next season after Ramsey left.
Fabinho was great for me but very expensive, he killed it in his first season in game at Liverpool, unlike real life.

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Guendouzi gets pretty good, probably could slowly put him into the team and might be able to start him season 2.
My team is ridiculously OP actually.
Milkinkovic-Savic is very good obviously, but very expensive.
In 2021 the only Arsenal players in my matchday squad are - Bellerin, Torreira, Guendouzi, Monreal (lol?), Maitland-Niles.

Holding, Mkhi, Mavro are in the squad but don't really play.
Smith-Rowe, Nelson and Eddie are out on loan.

I haven't done it too much this year but you might have to look and change some of the PA's, I think some are too low for the younger players. I don't change it too much though, but 5-10 points usually.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Mustafi is somewhat OK in the game, but you could probably get a decent amount for him and replace him with De Ligt.

You should get takers for most, if not, all those players.

I can't remember who I played with Torreira I'll have another look soon.
I think I might've got Fabinho actually the next season after Ramsey left.
Fabinho was great for me but very expensive, he killed it in his first season in game at Liverpool, unlike real life.
I'd sell Mustafi because I do not like him. I would probably also lower his concentration and decisions lol.

Yeah I'd definitely sign De Ligt, seems a no brainer.

Wow, quite the steal.

Guendouzi gets pretty good, probably could slowly put him into the team and might be able to start him season 2.
My team is ridiculously OP actually.
Milkinkovic-Savic is very good obviously, but very expensive.
In 2021 the only Arsenal players in my matchday squad are - Bellerin, Torreira, Guendouzi, Monreal (lol?), Maitland-Niles.

Holding, Mkhi, Mavro are in the squad but don't really play.
Smith-Rowe, Nelson and Eddie are out on loan.

I haven't done it too much this year but you might have to look and change some of the PA's, I think some are too low for the younger players. I don't change it too much though, but 5-10 points usually.
Yeah, MS dominates for me in PES. He's fantastic. I'm excited to get back into it.

Gee $75 on Steam, I can't even remember what I paid for it when I preordered it, pretty sure 45ish.
I think it's about $40 on CD Keys.

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I'd sell Mustafi because I do not like him. I would probably also lower his concentration and decisions lol.

Yeah I'd definitely sign De Ligt, seems a no brainer.

Wow, quite the steal.

Yeah, MS dominates for me in PES. He's fantastic. I'm excited to get back into it.

I think it's about $40 on CD Keys.

Yeah, I saw one on that site for a decent price but I thought it was Europe region only.

Started a career with Barnet in VNL. After 1 mediocre year finishing below playoffs, I culled the list, brought in a heap of randoms and paired up with Aston Villa. Have now managed to get double promotions up into League 1. The club has only been in League 1 once in it's existence and finished dead last, so I'm pretty much a legend of the club with only 150 or so games experience. However, my dream job (manager of Sheffield Wednesday) became available around March of my League 2 season, and I threw a cheeky application in for it as I wanted to leapfrog into the Championship. I've just won League 2 with 5 games to spare, interviewed for Wednesday and been offered the job. But, they are 23rd in the Championship, 4 points from safety with 2 games remaining. Which means, if i take the job, I will more than likely be in League 1 as manager of Wednesday, playing against Barnet.

How in god's name do i actually feel stressed/guilty over making a decision like this in a video game? And who should i choose? Boyhood team or the team I've built from the pits of VNL to a League 1 side? Football Manager is crazy

AngryRanga

Yo Yeah
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toby Greene, Man City, Timberwolves
I researched and also thought it was region locked. Copped it for the full steam price a week ago, straight into a QPR save. Have barely played since my 20 season save on FM15, it's honestly hard to start again after you connect with one save long-term.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I've ordered from there but I always check the region, but I'm sure it's fine if other people said the Euro version works fine in Australia.
Nah I didn’t get the EU one. Ended up getting it for $49 which is still great value. Especially considering I got over 700 hours out of Fm17

Starting a Real Betis save. Always like starting with a mid range or second division club and see where my career ends up. My Montpellier to Lyon to Newcastle to Everton to Real Madriid Dave was epic

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Nah I didn’t get the EU one. Ended up getting it for $49 which is still great value. Especially considering I got over 700 hours out of Fm17

Starting a Real Betis save. Always like starting with a mid range or second division club and see where my career ends up. My Montpellier to Lyon to Newcastle to Everton to Real Madriid Dave was epic

I really need to do something like that, the best I've done on this years version is Everton and I barely played that (might get back into it) and AC Milan but that was way too easy. I usually go Arsenal first but that's a bit easy once you build a pretty reliable tactic, as well as the crazy money that comes in.
Wolves could be fun or someone like Leeds even.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Picked up a Macbook Pro today and of course this bad boy.

Chugging along nicely and I've spent a good portion of this afternoon plugging away at it. Forgot how easy it is to get so obsorbed in it.

Flogged El-Neny off for 15m and Jenkinson for 5m.

De Ligt (25m + add ons) Tierney (23m + add ons) and Tonali (2.5m + add ons) have joined so far.

Trying to get rid of Xhaka and Welbeck but nobody is biting unfortunately.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Forgot how great FM is.

Up to Jan 2019, I'm fourth. Liverpool are top, United, City follow. Think Liverpool are on 62 points, the other two on 56 and I'm on 52. Very tight at the top. My opening fixtures were daunting - United (a), Spurs (h), City (a). Lost to United 1-0 after they scored 88th min, beat Spurs 3-0, then City thumped me 4-0. Went on a nine game winning streak and was top for a bit. Liverpool are flying. At one stage they had scored 19 more goals than the next best team - City. December/early Jan gone through a bit of a rough patch. Lost 1-0 to ******* bottom placed Burnley because the game decided I was doing too well and made my keeper literally stand there, and let their forward dispossess me and score. It could be much worse though.

IN:
Tonali (3.2m plus add ons)
De Ligt 25m (plus add ons)
Tierney 20m (plus add ons)
Grealish 14m (plus add ons)
Zivkovic 26m (plus add ons)
Cook 32m (plus add ons)
Gedson Fernandes 30m (plus add ons)
Lankester 4m (plus add ons)
Austin (loan)
Foden (loan)

OUT
El-Neny 15m
Welbeck 12m
Kolasniac 16m
Jenkinson 7m
Mustafi 24m
Xhaka 20m
Holding (loan)

Team looks like this

Leno
Bellerin De Ligt Sokratis Tierney
Torreira
Ramsey Ozil
Mhki-------------------------Iwobi
Lacazette​
PEA
Cook
Grealish
Fernandes
Foden
Guendouzi
Zivkovic
-
Cech
Maitland-Niles
Lichsteiner
Mavroponos
Koscielny
Monreal
Suarez
Tonali
Willock
Nketiah
Lankester
Austin

I rotate a lot to keep players fresh/depending who and where I am playing.

Tonali, De Ligt, and Tierney were my only signings to start the season. Squad is actually in pretty decent shape, especially when you take some of the yout into account

Cook, Grealish, Zivkovic, Gedson Fernandes, Lankester, Foden and Austin all joined in Jan as I realised I needed more depth out wide, and up top. I was copping a few injuries too so I am more than well covered. Lankester signed from Ipswich for 4m (plus add ons). 18 year old English striker, so really if he fails, not really a big deal. His stats look decent though.

Mhki was crap at the start but has done really well, dominating on the right. Been injured a bit recently which is annoying. Ozil is excelling as a Mezalla (attack). Though he has started whinging as I had a tough run of games and couldn't afford any passengers. Iwobi has been very good too will definitely hold him, and being HG is an added bonus. Willock, for a youth player, has been pretty tidy too. Scored a few goals and I was playing him in cup games. Guendouzi is also very good. Happy to have added the depth I need on the wings in Grealish and Zivkovic. Cook will be handy too in the middle. Fernandes a B2B like Guendouzi so some nice depth there too.

Ramsey leaves on a free to Juve in the summer, I have Rabiot replacing him - also on a free. Lichsteiner and Cech will also go. Suarez will go back to Barca. Not sure what will happen with Koscielny, but he's unhappy at the minute so that's something I need to watch.

Team is well stocked now.

**** I love FM.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I'm currently steering Leyton Orient back up the leagues. Won the Vanarama National in my 1st season, currently 2nd in League 2 after 15 games.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
First season was pretty good. Completely rejuvenated the squad. I finished second on 86 points - 7 points behind league winners Liverpool. I lost the FA Cup to United, 1-0, but I did win the Europa League - Laca hitting a 122nd minute winner. Mhki was my POTS - 16 goals and 6 assists in all comps. Auba and PEA were also every good.

I went a bit nuts but my squad is looking pretty good now. Managed to move Ozil for a tidy sum and only have to pay 190k of his 350k wage which is a huge sum off the books. Cech, Ramsey and Lichsteiner were also on 300k together. Tymon and Butland add to the English quota which is always good. And Butland as a backup is handy.

1557658033412.png

1557657921967.png

Monreal and Kos will leave at the end of this season on frees which is OK because they're both old. Will look to bring in a big name CB. Tonali and Mhki are the only two other players you can't see in that squad screenshot (and players out on loan). Apparently Chiesa turns out insane. Lots of depth all over the pitch - just need the chemistry to click now and I should be firing on all cylinders.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Season 1 - Vanarama National
1558682993249.png

Season - League 2
1558683029964.png

Season 3 - League 1
1558683059555.png

Absolute scenes if we can bag 3 consecutive promotions. My striker has been top scorer of all 3 leagues as well.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Never been more dejected or upset at a game ever until last night. Heartbreak, despair, and anger all filled my veins. I felt shattered. Not even Mrs Cruyff could make the pain go away.

MD38. I start the day on top of the table. I am playing Man United, away, who are three points behind me but are ahead on GD by about 15. If I draw, I win the league. I made it hard for myself because I drew on MD37 - at home - against Leeds where I dominated the game and should have won.

So I start the game against United. Taken a safe approach, playing for a point. I dominated the first half, things were looking good, thought I might be able to grab a goal. Encouraged the boys at half time to do it for the fans.

Second half begins, and they score in the 51st minute. I keep creating chances, and I had a chance to equalise in the 92nd minute. De Gea ******* stopped Jovic's shot from about 4 yards. I finished second, equal on points, but lost the league on ******* GD. The match stats were in my favour 17/3 - 17/8. ******* ********.

What made it worse as well is that the pricks beat me three days earlier in the CL semi. But they lost the final to Liverpool.

Shattered. Absolutely shattered.

**** I love this game.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
So after my narrow defeats last season, I knew I needed to strengthen.

I only won the Carabao Cup, finished second in the league on GD, semis of the FA Cup and CL, so not really a terrible season. A season of being so close, yet so far though.

Coly is an 18 year old who looks to have a fair bit of potential. If Haland doesn't work out, I can make a tidy profit, hopefully. He has great physical stats, and is a pressing forward, so a different type of forward I don' have in my squad. Burnley got relegated and I thought it would be a good opportunity to add to my English quota, so picked up Tarkowski for some depth. Sancho is too good to turn down even at 71m, and being English only amplifies it. Really needed a better CB and Kimpembe being listed worked out beautifully. Piatek has come in to hopefully solve my forward woes after selling Auba, and Aarons was listed, also English and lots of potential, so another no brainer. Still got 22m in the bank, but not sure if I'll sign anyone in Jan - will see how the season pans out if I need to strengthen.

I was finally able to move Mhki with having to only pay 60k of his wage which is a huge winner. It was hard selling Kos because of his influence, but I decided to cash in. Would have liked more for Zivkovic, but he was disappointing so he had to go. Nketiah, Lankester, ESR, and Willock will all benefit from loan moves again. Mavro included in the Piatek deal for a loan. Will look to sell upon return. Jovic was massively disappointing, but I made 7.5m profit, just unfortunate he had to stay in England. Inter had a bid accepted but the prick refused a contract.

United went nuts. Bought Ousamane Dembele for 95m, Aouar from Lyon for 76m. Madrid signed Laporte for 96m (Varane joined City for 115m in Jan). I think Leon Bailey joined Spurs too for 71m.

screen-shot-2019-05-26-at-8-59-25-pm-png.681186

Squad looks like this. Nelson returns from loan and already provides great cover for the right wing, AMN also comes back as a utility. Tymon spent the season on loan at Bristol City and after releasing Monreal, he is now the backup LB. Chambers is surprisingly solid and can fill it at RB or CB - will most likely use him at CB after the addition of Aarons. Plenty of depth at LW with Sancho, Grealish, Iwobi - and even Felix if I am desperate. Happy to have a big squad, with injuries and competitions it's always useful and even fringe players get a lot of playing time.

screen-shot-2019-05-26-at-8-56-16-pm-png.681178

screen-shot-2019-05-26-at-8-58-41-pm-png.681181

I line up like this

Leno
Bellerin De Ligt Kimpembe Tierney
Torreira
Gedson Rabiot
Chiesa------------------------Sancho
Piatek
Gedson was great last season, scored 11 goals in the league from CM as a BTB which I thought was pretty good considering his finishing is only 9, and his long shots are only 11. Rabiot was also a very consistent performer, scored a few goals too.

Drew the first game of the season away to Everton, 1-1.

Season 3 - League 1
View attachment 679608

Absolute scenes if we can bag 3 consecutive promotions. My striker has been top scorer of all 3 leagues as well.

How'd you go mate? I'm in season 3 with Barnet in League 1, and currently sitting 2nd after 12 games, fresh off a 4-1 win over QPR. Heading down the same path as you there!

Back