Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Ahhh youre one of THOSE ppl then :p

(Jk)
It was a nice old place on the hill, with water views and a woodstove in a massive kitchen and wrap around verandas,little track through the bush to the beach
I loved it.
It cost $11,000 we sold it for $25,000, its been subdivided now has 2 houses, it was on a big block,would be worth a fortune.
So many good times there

It was a nice old place on the hill, with water views and a woodstove in a massive kitchen and wrap around verandas,little track through the bush to the beach
I loved it.
It cost $11,000 we sold it for $25,000, its been subdivided now has 2 houses, it was on a big block,would be worth a fortune.
So many good times there

We went down to Dromana for my cuz's birthday- day trip. It was a ******* terrible day weather wise- like this, but cold. I went in for a swim anyway i was like * it, we came all this way. I almost got hypothermia. The end.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Not sure if srs.

One thing im so glad, is my parents never made us go camping. We just had a holiday house.
My wife thought the same. Then I metaphorically dragged her kicking and screaming to a wild hiking camping trip through Utah and Arizona. Just the two of us in the wild with no campsites. Made our own campfires, lots of wildlife, tent sex and watching the stars ar night whilst listening to podcasts. She thought it was one of the greatest experiences of her life and can't wait to go back. The only exception of course was the pooping in a bag and carrying it in your back pack. Impossible to love that.

jthornton

Draftee
Jan 4, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Recently I've been to my first self-planned independent travel to europe with my gf and that was amazing! You do what you want, go wherever you wish, spend night at hostels and airbnb, talk to people, explore culture and have fun. Don't like those package or bus tours, they're expensive, exhausting and boring. My only experience out of this rule was a week at ski resort. Wish to return there as soon as possible

Still remember the hospitality of russians.
Sure, some of the youth are spoiled brats o thepath to being gang members.
But the elderly and middle aged are amazing people.

On my first trip as an adult, I did the trans-Siberian. Solo. One day I had a quick city tour of Yekaterinburg. Had to buy something the next day so had to go to a shopping centre. Went to the closest to my homestay. Then took a wrong turn when heading into town. (Forgot to turn left). So I’m walking down the wrong street and remembered ‘when you see the circus on this road, walk in the opposite direction’. Well, I was heading east when I was meant to be heading north. Then as I felt Id been far enough but hadn’t seen the circus. I turned to head south rather then the east like I should have if I went north’s. Found another store but couldn’t come across a shop which sold cables compatible to my camera.
Fine, let’s head back and try my luck in Moscow in a few days, we’ll. I was retracing my steps. But couldn’t get all the way back. Found a stranger on my street and she was amazing help in finding my way back. I had just about managed my way back perfectly. If I walked another 100 meters the way I was going, I’d come across the ice hockey arena and known I was less then one km away from home.

The hospitality blew me away. Being a naïve 21 year old travelling abroad for the first time since I was 7, into a country without English being vastly sparse in that are aof the country,you’d heard stories of ‘if you try and approach them in English they’ll be rude as you’re not even trying to be courteous’ then for the people to be anything but rude. Country wide it was the same.the one country I would go out of my way to visit again (other then for sporting reasons)

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I haven't done a huge amount of international travel, but in part I think that was because on one of my first overseas trips I was lucky enough to go to Victoria Falls. Once I'd seen it, I think the world kind of peaked for me, cos I don't think I'll ever see anything more amazing, vast and jaw-dropping. The photos of me when I went there look ******* ridiculous :) Zimbabwe as a whole is amazing, I ended up extending my stay while I was there, and I'm glad I did cos it was all incredible.

I have done heaps of domestic travel, but I never topped the Freycinet National Park in Tassie - which is only about 2 hours from where I grew up. Wineglass Bay is the most beautiful beach in Australia, and there aren't many better views than the top of Mt Freycinet either.

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
Wallet falling out my pocket at a bar in regional Taiwan.

And getting it back an hour later with all coins and cash still inside.

I love trustworthy locals. Very rare globally.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Wallet falling out my pocket at a bar in regional Taiwan.

And getting it back an hour later with all coins and cash still inside.

I love trustworthy locals. Very rare globally.
We lost a wallet in a "dodgy" restaurant in Genoa
We had a Policeman give us directions/walk us to it and he warned us to watch our wallets in there but the food was real good.
It was
Wife lost her purse
We went back an hour later when she realised it wasn't in her bag and there it was waiting for us, someone found it and handed it to the owner, all intact.
She must have dropped it when she paid or sat down

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Innsbruck. Especially going to the top of the Alps via funicular.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
* Swimming with the mrs in the great barrier reef by ourselves when a school of 1,000+ fish just swim right past us. Made me realize how insignificant we really are
* Spending a few hours on a balcony of an air bnb in the suburbs of Amsterdam watching kids play soccer in the streets and just watching the day to day life go by. P.S I was pretty stoned
* Being at Yas Waterworld in Abu Dhabi on a hot day where the park would have been lucky to have 500 people there. Could go on any ride/watersldie without waiting all day
* Basically the same as above again but this time at Busch Gardens in Tampa
* Going in a drinking tournament on the boat ride from Isla Mujeres to Cancun on NYE after we had spent the day swimming with dolphins
* Driving in a mercades A-class on the autobahn and getting up to almost 220km/hr
* A boat ride in the Melissani Cave in Kefalonia, Greece
* A day exploring all of the monuments and libraries around Washington DC
* Walking along the riverwalk in San Antonio, absolutely amzing
* Gardens by the bay at Singapore at night time is absolutely amazing
* Attending a premier league match at Liverpool and the NFL at San Francisco are high up the list too
* Helicopter flight over and to the bottom of the grand canyon
* Leaving Venice on a cruise ship at dusk. Being able to be high up and get a view back into venice was amazing!
Must’ve been a bloody quick tournament!

Must’ve been a bloody quick tournament!
Five of us.

A mexican, a japanese guy, a brazialian and I can't remember the other guy.

Scull a beer through and the slowest is eliminated.

I got to the final and lost to the Mexican guy. Video replay (taken by the mrs shows that I won but the ref obviously favored the home town guy).

So it was 4 beers in 25 minutes (the last through a straw)

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Five of us.

A mexican, a japanese guy, a brazialian and I can't remember the other guy.

Scull a beer through and the slowest is eliminated.

I got to the final and lost to the Mexican guy. Video replay (taken by the mrs shows that I won but the ref obviously favored the home town guy).

So it was 4 beers in 25 minutes (the last through a straw)
Haha yeh I was gonna say from memory it was a less than half an hour boat ride. Isla Mujeres was sick, Cancun not so much.

Haha yeh I was gonna say from memory it was a less than half an hour boat ride. Isla Mujeres was sick, Cancun not so much.
I spent almost a whole week on a resort in Cancun so it was pretty good.

But you right Cancun is a bit dumpy overall. Isla Majeres is really nice though

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Asked a young kid on a train what stop to get off to see Gigantor in Kobe,he decided to give us a guided tour to see it because he loved we loved it and then he had to rush to get a train to go to school

iu

Back