Crows 2019 injury and fitness thread with regular updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury list as of Tuesday, April 23

McAdam (Calf) – Test
Milera (AC Joint) – TBC
McPherson (Hamstring) – 1-2 weeks
Brown (Ankle) – 1-2 weeks
Seedsman (Knee) – 2-5 weeks
Douglas (Syndesmosis) – 4 weeks
Jacobs (Knee) – 4-6 weeks
Doedee (ACL) – Season

It was first thought Milera would need surgery but it's settled and scans are positive. If it doesn't need surgery, a month out. If it ends up needing surgery, two months out.

McPherson was 1 week away last week. Now 1-2 weeks.

Brown has come in from 3+ weeks to just 1-2 weeks so that's good news
McPherson will never get on the park I predict. Great pick that one.

I went to Unley last year specifically to check on The Big Mac in the flesh. He looked magnificent in the first quarter.....then blew his hammy.

I went to the Bay this year and The Big Mac had not missed a beat. He looked as smooth as a racing tadpole in the first quarter...... then blew his hammy.

Surely the problem is not with The Big Mac, it is all on my head for being so curious.
You need to stay away from the SANFL fields. At least give McPherson a 5 game streak in the SANFL for crying out loud!

Anyone catch the Greenwood presser today?

Refers to Steve Saunders (in relation to his abdominal injury) as ‘the guru’ and ‘a bit of a blessing in disguise having him here’ (2:24) and has worked wonders especially for Brad Crouch and McPherson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

so if Brown is 1-2 weeks away now how much SANFL do we expect him to play before AFL selection?

Also, interesting that Seed still has such a broad window of time it could be. I assume the 2 weeks is more hopeful of there been a turnaround in rate of improvement. Either that or perhaps he has been settling ok but yet to start running so there's the uncertainty over how he responds to that

so if Brown is 1-2 weeks away now how much SANFL do we expect him to play before AFL selection?

Also, interesting that Seed still has such a broad window of time it could be. I assume the 2 weeks is more hopeful of there been a turnaround in rate of improvement. Either that or perhaps he has been settling ok but yet to start running so there's the uncertainty over how he responds to that
From memory Greenwood said in the interview it was encouraging to see Seeds running laps at the recent training session?

Seeds has started running

Seeds has started running
Perhaps not enough intensity to know how it will cope then. If he was doing high intensity they would know it’s closer to 2 not 5. If he was having pain with low intensity they’d be sticking to closer to 5.

Dougy on radio last night said he hoped to be back before the bye about rd 11 after in his opinion needing 2 weeks in SANFL. Seemed confident he would walk straight back in when match ready, hopefully we are going well enough for that not to be the case

Perhaps not enough intensity to know how it will cope then. If he was doing high intensity they would know it’s closer to 2 not 5. If he was having pain with low intensity they’d be sticking to closer to 5.

Dougy on radio last night said he hoped to be back before the bye about rd 11 after in his opinion needing 2 weeks in SANFL. Seemed confident he would walk straight back in when match ready, hopefully we are going well enough for that not to be the case
Seeds was running laps.

As for Douggie, he didn’t say he’d walk back in and knew he’d need games in the SANFL. If we play him and still have guys like Gallucci, NED, Stengle and even McAdam playing sanfl then we’ve lost all hope.

Seeds was running laps.

As for Douggie, he didn’t say he’d walk back in and knew he’d need games in the SANFL. If we play him and still have guys like Gallucci, NED, Stengle and even McAdam playing sanfl then we’ve lost all hope.
He didn’t use those words but it was very much said as an expectation that after 2 games for match fitnessxhe would be back before the bye. He didn’t say available for selection or putting my hand up etc but that he would be back.

Whether that occurs or selectors have that same mindset is a different matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dougy can think what he wants but he needs to accept reality that he is 32 years of age and the only place he is a walk up start is the sanfl.

Depends on his fitness base. I would presume he needs 2 matches in the sanfl similar to the JLT lead up before season proper.

Injury list as of Tuesday, April 30

Brown (Ankle) – Test
McPherson (Back) – 1 week
Seedsman (Knee) – 2-3 weeks
Douglas (Syndesmosis) – 2-3 weeks
Milera (AC Joint) – 3-4 weeks
Jacobs (Knee) – 3-4 weeks
Doedee (ACL) – Season

McPherson's hamstring injury is now a back injury :think:

Brown should be right to go. Milera has avoided surgery. Gibbs is available

Remove this Banner Ad

Back