Liam Henry
Cameron Anderson

SA
Callum Park
Harry Schoenberg
Lachlan Hoile
Brady Searle
Lachlan McNeil
Chad Warner has come out of nowhere. His size could be a deterrent. But he can tackle like few others. Be interesting to see him against men and not boys though as he is not blessed in the height department.

Chad Warner has come out of nowhere. His size could be a deterrent. But he can tackle like few others. Be interesting to see him against men and not boys though as he is not blessed in the height department.
Not worried about his height, speed and athleticism would be the bigger queries, he looked to be a good extractor using the ball really well by hand and showing good vision in traffic.

Warner is 179cm going off the EF website....great to see a few boys outside the academy put their hands up for state selection....SA won the 2nd game by a kick?...pity no lists available to enable folk to really watch both those games.....hopefully the WAFL will post up scores and match reports.....but won't be holding my breath....no word yet on the 16s squad either....

Well the U/18 state squad has been announced....plus a train on group. EF with 11 reps in total, with Perth, Cl and SD next best dressed. No Cox from EP or Kelly from SF...or even anyone from those two clubs.....surprise or no surprise? Looks a talented squad.....going off the EF colts site Max Murphy is 19 already(24/3/00)...isn't he too old for the squad?....or is there a rule for over agers? Thoughts on the squad from folk better in the know would be appreciated...always someone unlucky to miss out....who would they be?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just goes to show that selectors go with who they know rather then current form else Peel would have a lot more than 2 selections. Highlights the importance of getting in early in your career. In saying that though, 17 players who did not play 18s or 16s last year were selected.

Surely SF / EP's 1 and 2 would be better than the 10th / 11th East Freo player?

Starts this weekend on Saturday. I think Most schools train 2 times a week.

PSA has in the past been labeled the strongest competition in WA when compared to WAFL colts. This season im not sure?? Although still looks like PSA schools have a descent number of representatives in state 18s and 16s academy’s this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Look, might have only started having being spoken about in such terms in the last year or two, but certainly before that WAFL colts was far superior.

I see Jez Sharp not selected in EF league side or colts side on Sat..injured/rested?..been playing league for EF when available...being an Aquinas boy, surely PSA footy doesn't take precedence over WAFL league footy?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back