Last edited by a moderator:

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
Not on the AFL site injury list, so either his leg fell off and he retired, or he's good to play this week.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
From the Essendon website (VFL report):

From the coach: Jayden started really well, kicked a nice goal and got his hands on the footy early. He got injured at the end of the first quarter which is disappointing for him - he was probably in line for AFL selection but thankfully it doesn’t look like he will (be sidelined) for long. Hopefully he’ll just be out for a couple of weeks, and then can come back and plead his case.

Relieved. (somewhat anyway).

Aug 28, 2009
Bermuda Triangle
AFL Club
Essendon
From the Essendon website (VFL report):

From the coach: Jayden started really well, kicked a nice goal and got his hands on the footy early. He got injured at the end of the first quarter which is disappointing for him - he was probably in line for AFL selection but thankfully it doesn’t look like he will (be sidelined) for long. Hopefully he’ll just be out for a couple of weeks, and then can come back and plead his case.

Relieved. (somewhat anyway).

Available Round 18

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
dontildeath said:
The group of the injured players - or players in rehab - consisted of Mutch, Stewart, Brown, Marty Gleeson, Zac Clarke (surprised at how skinny he is) McKernan and Laverde.
All we’re running at various paces.Felt a bit for Kobe Mutch running / walking laps. He has a rotten run in the past two years with injury. If he could get a crack at it I believe he would be a real asset in the seniors.
Laverde jogged and walked a few laps and, like Mutch. He joined in some light running as Brown, Clarke, Mutch and McKernan did straight line 100 meters running at their own pace and time. I was surprised that Laverde was running so well considering the problem that occurred on Saturday

Training report from Blitz

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/training-tuesday-30-april/15720

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
He ovbviously just tweaked it. His reaction to it is frustration. He would feel more upset about this than any of the selfish pricks sooking here! He is 23 years old, 191cm ,90 kg and moves like a jet. Yes he's got a tweak, but he was just around the fringe. He's still developing and if he comes good for 2020 he's 24 with 6 good years ahead of him. I like him and having him on the list.

The only reason I'd trade/delist him is that the club think that Stringer is enough for 3rd tall forwards at our club and we're going to play Daniher, 2nd KPF, Stringer, 2 small forwards and a mid up forward.

There is no reason to write off the possibility he'll be able to produce the sort of footy Rohan is at Geelong now. The club ummed and ahhed about where he might play. Clearly, they have decided forward. Lets settle him there and at the very worst he'll be decent depth for Stringer next year. I prefer him to Langford as that 4th forward because he is more explosive and better overhead. He also is capable of a hanger.

I'd like to have a forward line of

FF Tippa Daniher Stringer
HF Laverde Stewart Laverde

By the end of this year. With Begley and Smith also rotating through the forward line and Stringer, Laverde and Tippa taking an odd centre bounce.

Fit to move around at training and fit to play AFL are very different things. I can remember meeting some players who were out injured. They were moving better than me.

Fair enough, just thought I read he was still 6-8 weeks away and was only a 3 weeks since he badly tore hammy.

Laverde has a 2-3 week hamstring, which means available about round 10. Probably does a couple of weeks in the VFL, gets to the bye and then maybe a chance after the bye (unless we're still super desperate for forwards and put him in the side early).

Sucks for him :(

Laverde has a 2-3 week hamstring, which means available about round 10. Probably does a couple of weeks in the VFL, gets to the bye and then maybe a chance to do another hamstring after the bye (unless we're still super desperate for forwards and put him in the side early).

Sucks for him :(

Edited that one up for you there for accuracy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back