AFL 2019 - AFL Round 7

Who Covers the Line This Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't want to detail the Rnd 7 thread, however Essendon (A) -8.5 $1.90 on SB against Sydney for Rnd 8 is sticking right out at the moment.
Hell yeah and Brisbane this weekend. Bookies so slow to react to the steepness of Sydney's decline. I'm not betting much these days, just on Syds opponents lol, some supporter I am.

Hell yeah and Brisbane this weekend. Bookies so slow to react to the steepness of Sydney's decline. I'm not betting much these days, just on Syds opponents lol, some supporter I am.
Always underrate your own time I reckon, I have thought our opponents have been value every week this year just about!

Odds have actually gone up due to the eagles being so heavily favoured. Jeez a lot of people getting on Hanley. Just a suggestion guys. Feel like I might be chased out by a flaming stick mob after this round.
Please Gamble responsibly.

Odds have actually gone up due to the eagles being so heavily favoured. Jeez a lot of people getting on Hanley. Just a suggestion guys. Feel like I might be chased out by a flaming stick mob after this round.

It's a good spec bet but the bloke hasn't been a stat rat since 2014...

No more than a .5U throwaway but definitely a worthwhile risk @ $67 - bit like Dunkley/McLean at $101 last week.

Don't mind taking a punt on North this weekend either. Kreuzer is a huge player for Carlton - he gives them a lot in the middle once the ball hits the ground in terms of his follow-up work. Think without him, Simpson and Newman (their 2 best users out of defence with no Docherty), and McGovern out (Curnow in but having the extra tall would have really stretched our defence) it becomes a game well in North's favour on paper.

North -4.5 is still available Sportsbet which is what I've jumped on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any reason you're rating North so highly?
-20.5 and 40+ were more value plays, but odds that I’ve taken were where the value is (was). Think North SU will still come in further.

More to do with Carlton though. They’ve put in a few strong performances in a row and have now lost some very key players to their success (Kreuzer, Simmo, Newman, McGovern), let down is definitely due. Few big outs imo. Backline loses a lot of experience and structure

You must rate North highly

source.gif

I wanted to see just how many lines actually got covered, so using the data in the opening post for every rounds thread I got these results. The outcome of close lines was by consensus. e.g if the margin was 10, and more than half the listed bookmakers had -10.5 or over, then it did not cover.

line_2018.png

line_by_margin_2018.png

2019 so far looks a bit different...

line_2019.png

So far in 2019, 15 matches have had a line of 19.75 or more. 14 of those 15 failed to cover the line. This week 5 games have lines of 19.75 or more.

Lines covered by margin this year:
0.25 - 9.75: 7 of 17
9.75 - 19.75: 11 of 22
19.75 - 29.75: 1 of 9 (Adel v. GC)
29.75 - 39.75: 0 of 6

Last edited:
Back