Toast From Bendigo to Etihad - Rabbit58's Journey

Remove this Banner Ad

A quick update.
Next Monday I will have my 15th round of chemotherapy with my Oncologist giving me
6-18 months, which I intend to use to the last second.
My second book, A Horse called Lucky is about to be published and hopefully I can do a book
launch at the Geelong Library on May 25th. In June I intend on publishing a further 3 books and
then 5 books a month until I get to 26 or 30. Depends on if I can write a few more stories in between.
A huge thank you to Brains Trust, George and Big Monty for letting me be a part of the bigfooty podcast.
I look forward to being a part of it for as long as they will have me
Cheers, Neill

A quick update.
Next Monday I will have my 15th round of chemotherapy with my Oncologist giving me
6-18 months, which I intend to use to the last second.
My second book, A Horse called Lucky is about to be published and hopefully I can do a book
launch at the Geelong Library on May 25th. In June I intend on publishing a further 3 books and
then 5 books a month until I get to 26 or 30. Depends on if I can write a few more stories in between.
A huge thank you to Brains Trust, George and Big Monty for letting me be a part of the bigfooty podcast.
I look forward to being a part of it for as long as they will have me
Cheers, Neill
It's no worries at all mate. Hopefully the stuff I arranged for you through the club and getting you on the pod has made everything a tiny bit better.

Best of luck with everything as always! We're all behind you :thumbsu::thumbsu:

All the best mate, good to see a fighter.
I go in for my 4th round on Monday, so i know how it can knock the **** out of you.

Yeah, good luck Cornish, look after yourself and hopefully the Saints get you a few wins to keep your spirits up.

All the best mate, good to see a fighter.
I go in for my 4th round on Monday, so i know how it can knock the **** out of you.
Didn't see this - best of luck to you too mate. Really puts things into perspective.

Keep your gloves up mate and beat the hell out of it.

Cheers for your thoughts :D I am a fighter, everyone i know says your tough you will beat it, and i intend to.

Geez i miss having a beer though :D

Yeah, good luck Cornish, look after yourself and hopefully the Saints get you a few wins to keep your spirits up.

The boys a e going ok, they will give us a few surprises this year.

I keep getting in the sheizen for pushing myself too hard, how else am i going to get better lol

Didn't see this - best of luck to you too mate. Really puts things into perspective.

Thanks George

Taking a lot less for granted, mainly my family and also realizing there are a lot of things to not worry yourself about.

Just keep a smile on the dial :D

Cheers for your thoughts :D I am a fighter, everyone i know says your tough you will beat it, and i intend to.

Geez i miss having a beer though :D

I have Cornish ancestry, those folks are hard as old boots. I'm sure you'll give it a good fight Cornish. When you're done you can make up for lost time with the drinks.

Brains trust, you made it easy
I would have thanked you sooner but my son took me to Supernova yesterday and I was buggered after walking around for a few hours. If you say your back was hurting then I know you must have been in pain. Next time I will sit somewhere I can see the time
Thank you again and Go Saints

Great having you on board in the podcast . Thank god you and Big Monty have been happy to be on the podcast otherwise it would be a long year for George and myself lol . If we can help relieve you of even a little bit of stress then we have done well .
Look forward to many pods together in the future.

Go Saints.

Thanks George

Taking a lot less for granted, mainly my family and also realizing there are a lot of things to not worry yourself about.

Just keep a smile on the dial :D

Hey Cornish , i dont think ive chatted to you before but im sorry to hear you are doing it tough as well . Glad the Saints have picked up for both you and Rabbit this year . Hope everything goes well for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Cornish , i dont think ive chatted to you before but im sorry to hear you are doing it tough as well . Glad the Saints have picked up for both you and Rabbit this year . Hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks mate, i am traveling ok, you think your up to your neck in it until you walk into to the chemo ward, there are a lot of tough brave people in there :thumbsu:

I have Cornish ancestry, those folks are hard as old boots. I'm sure you'll give it a good fight Cornish. When you're done you can make up for lost time with the drinks.

Yeah i am a decedent of Cornish miners and of course have plenty of relos back in Cornwall, i am actually the first generation not mining still. :D must be lazy haha.

I bought 2 cans of beer after i started feeling a bit better from the therapy, waste of money that was, straight back down the shitter o_O

Thanks George
When the photographer had me looking wistfully out the window I thought...great I am going to look like a ******.
My mate said he can't wait to see the photo because he was getting it tattooed on his backside

I reckon I could nail wistful. Just think back to 2010 and a certain bounce.

All the best mate.

Just a quick update
My sympathies to saintkildaman for his loss. I’m glad the Saints had a win for you
My Oncologist got me to have a scan and my tumours are not doing anything. They can’t measure the ringlet cells
So when asked what I wanted to do, I said I’ll have 3 months off from chemo thanks
I’m not a strong swimmer bought I’ve bought a paddle board and am going to give it a try. If you are around Point Lonsdale and see someone in the water falling down a lot...it’s probably me
On Saturday August 25th I am holding a book launch for book 2 and 3 at the Bacchus Marsh Library around 12:00ish, you are all welcome to attend.
I am really proud of the front covers which my son Thomas is designing
Go Saints

Attachments

• F0F04FCA-834C-41C0-8C2E-ADA446BB1C81.jpeg
    F0F04FCA-834C-41C0-8C2E-ADA446BB1C81.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 117
I would also like to thank BrainsTrust, Big Monty and George for letting me take part in the bigfooty podcast. An hour or so talking about something we love
Anytime my friend. Congrats on the book launch!

Hi Neill(Rabbit58), seeing Sir Skid's father's day post today made me think of you. I'm really pissed that I forgot about your book signing on the 25th. Really wanted to meet you in person and share some funny stories. Pls let us know when the next meet will be.

What's the best site to get your books from? I've looked online there seems to be quite a few options but I'd rather purchase them from a site that you'll earn the most from. I'll be sure to spread the word around too.

Anyway mate, hope you had a great fathers day with your loved ones. Just wanted you to know we're always thinking of you here. And if there's anything at all you need pls don't be afraid to ask.

Take care and keep up the good fight mate.

Hi Jughead
If you go to White Light Publishing and check out videos you can see the talk I gave. I dedicated the third book to my big sister but as I started to read it I saw her in the audience and that was me done.
I have some books here at home so if you give me your secret identity and somewhere to post them, probably through a conversation, I can give you a bank account number. I can also autograph them (and get my son to sign them). If you have someone you want to give them to, I can write a dedication to them as well. At the end of September I am hoping to release another 2-3 books and aiming for a 10 book box set for Christmas.
Many thanks, Neill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back