Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signs with GWS]

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Wait, but... the agreement with North? BFNAAK?!!!
The handshake was for when he is at the end of his next contract. Supposedly. When he is FA and saves North from trading picks.

That's the new one they are running with

But by then he will be a Giants life member(lack of injuries pending of course) soooo maybe not?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
The handshake was for when he is at the end of his next contract. Supposedly. When he is FA and saves North from trading picks.

That's the new one they are running with

Seems plausible, I mean it would suck having Kelly on your list for the next two years and it would've sucked having him the last two...

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Seems plausible, I mean it would suck having Kelly on your list for the next two years and it would've sucked having him the last two...
I do admire the persistence though.

I mean it's getting close to stalking now, so maybe back off.

The guy isn't silly
He was being set up as some sought of savior down south and would of been murdered by the fishbowl if he couldn't be a 1 man army.

Great result for the Giants. Well done to them and to Kelly.

The easy thing to do would have been to pack his bags and return home but it's great to see him remain loyal.

Would have loved to see him in navy blue but gave up any real hope of that when he last signed.

Also, putting my mod hat on - we've deleted a lot of posts taking pot shots at certain North Melbourne fans who have made complete and utter fools of themselves over the past few years.

Let's try raise ourselves above that - not least because they're not able to respond.

Thanks.

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great result for the Giants. Well done to them and to Kelly.

The easy thing to do would have been to pack his bags and return home but it's great to see him remain loyal.

Would have loved to see him in navy blue but gave up any real hope of that when he last signed.

Also, putting my mod hat on - we've deleted a lot of posts taking pot shots at certain North Melbourne fans who have made complete and utter fools of themselves over the past few years.

Let's try raise ourselves above that - not least because they're not able to respond.

Thanks.

Why aren't these muppets who continually spout bullshit and clear lies banned from the board?

Banned from the board?

Or threads?

Because this had been ongoing throughout the board.

Depends who you are talking about exactly, as there are a number of culprits, as there are from every club.

Not really appropriate to go into things too deeply, but as always, if you see trolling, report it and it will be dealt with.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
2nd best result.
It's actually not the second best result for North .
Best result would be he didn't sign and said he wanted to go to North next year.
Second best is he didn't sign and left it open to which team he would go to.
Third best is he signed for two years and then said that he would go to North.
Distant next best is what happened.

Great to see a genuine gun stay in Sydney, even if it is for the wrong team :cool:

All jokes aside, well done to GWS for keeping him. Real vote of confidence from him that a genuine footy club has been built out west. Love them or hate them (think I'm somewhere in between) the Giants have done plenty right.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
FWIW I have read each of the last three CBAs. They're actually pretty straightforward and easy to understand.

Yes, that was my suggestion in the previous response.

In a general sense you did.

I was providing a more detailed example.

In any case a modern player / club cotract just moved into new ground not seen before.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
It's actually not the second best result for North .
Best result would be he didn't sign and said he wanted to go to North next year.
Second best is he didn't sign and left it open to which team he would go to.
Third best is he signed for two years and then said that he would go to North.
Distant next best is what happened.

Incorrect:
1) Sign with Roos and we give up 2 first round picks - looking like 2 picks in the top 3.
2) Signs with GWS for 2 years to get him to FA where no picks will be required to obtain him.
3) Signs with GWS for 10 years
4) Signs with a rival Vic club for 10 years.

When Josh put pen to paper he picked option 2 - the 2nd best option.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Can't help wondering if the media micrscope on Shiel has help kicked this along, if so he won't be the last.
The boys seem to love being able to live a "normal" life here in Sydney
Good point - Shiel is in the paper today defending his kicking. We knew he kicking was suspect but we didn't know how bad it was until its gets highlighted after such a terrible display.

But Kelly is a much better player and kick. Maybe a smaller Vic club is better for returnig GWS players.;)

GWS the last couple of years have donbe a great job in trimming lesser players in order to free up cash for the better player. Cog signs next and it's happy days at the Giants.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Incorrect:
1) Sign with Roos and we give up 2 first round picks - looking like 2 picks in the top 3.
2) Signs with GWS for 2 years to get him to FA where no picks will be required to obtain him.
3) Signs with GWS for 10 years
4) Signs with a rival Vic club for 10 years.

When Josh put pen to paper he picked option 2 - the 2nd best option.
Because we would be happy not to match, and let one of the best player's in the league toddle off to North for a mid/late first rounder :rolleyes:

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Nice....This now clears the way for Cogs move back home to Victoria.

In 2 years.

I see this as making a Cogs resigning more likely but only for two years.

Kelly and Cogs would be talking about this all the time. Reckon Cogs and Kelly will give it a crack for 2 more years while the premiership window is open.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I would be amazed if you could match an offer from Roos, Blues or Saints.

Wanting to match and being able to are 2 different things.
Considering the last 3 times Chooks contract came up we were all lambasted and abused for even suggesting Kelly would not go to North, and yet here we are, again, I shall take your comment with a grain of salt.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies

Thanks.

awww, come on. Surely after so many threads and so much rubbish posted we should be able to gloat - just a little bit.

I mean, that's twice now he has passed up heaps more money and the "lure home" to stay with us.

even now we have to put up with "but... but... in 2 years... " as if that's somehow going to make a difference.

I think a little justified gloating should be allowed.

my [deleted] post wasn't mean, wasn't nasty, didn't call out anyone by name, just basically consisted of a long string of hahahahahaha's and then generally asked north supporters to give it up as a lost cause.

oh well. I will just have to be content with my club securing one of the most sought after players in the league.

it is funny, though, watching the reactions from certain quarters.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back