ATP/WTA Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a groin injury, he only missed Miami and Barca (was never down for MC). Back in Estroil this week against a qualifier.

I know Millman has been struggling a little bit but he can at least tomic you would hope

AdM loses in three to a qualifier ranked in the 200's. Somewhat rusty and ran out of steam in the third set. Just needs matches under his belt. If he'd won, would have played the winner of Millman/Tomic.

matt_897 Why are we still using the 2018 thread?? Shouldn't there be a 2019 Aussie Watch thread and all the posts in here moved into that.

Well Millman beat Tomic but just retired in his match against de Minaur’s conquerer but I have no idea why! Watched the first set then had to do something, when I checked back the match was done :mad:

A recurrence of his back injury - sounds like that might be him for the season.

Was a left foot injury that forced him to retire in that match

Reid and JPS won Puerto Vallarta challenger doubles.

And Smith lost in the singles final, random improvement of form from him especially since he's hit 30 now

Bernie up to his old tricks again.

Retires at a set and 4-1 down in the second in Lyon.

Defending SF at Hertogenbosch, challenger title in Mallorca and ATP title in Chengdu over the next couple of months and if he can't will end up about 300th in the world.

Bernie up to his old tricks again.

Retires at a set and 4-1 down in the second in Lyon.

Defending SF at Hertogenbosch, challenger title in Mallorca and ATP title in Chengdu over the next couple of months and if he can't will end up about 300th in the world.

And yet last year once again people were saying he might live up to his potential... Check out his performance tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick up to his usual tricks I see, very poor start to the Grass court season.

Saw the last few games of this, was drop shoting every point and not moving his feet at all. I do that but I'm not a pro tennis player...

Never heard of Fokina. Is Tomic doing this because he has no other skills?

He's actually a young up and coming player. Was pretty awful against Thompson first round of RG, but he's only 20 and ranked 120-odd

Speaking of Thompson, he's serving for the match against Gasquet at 7-5, 5-3 before weather set in a ATP semi in Netherlands. I really don't get his results this year, I don't think his tennis has improved that much whenever I see him. He was lucky at RG but if he wins this, he is top 50....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back