Injury 2019 Saints Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see this mid season draft causing a storm in the State Leagues. With AFL clubs picking the eyes out of their lists mid season. I think the backlash for HQ will be huge and will only last the single season.

Just imagine if there was an international comp and there teams came and took players from our list mid season we would be filthy.

I cant see how those clubs can be compensated sufficiently when losing their best players. I can understand the AFL clubs wanting it but the detriment to the feeder clubs and leagues will be too great IMO.

Theyve said he avoided ACL and PCL damage so it could be the medial ligament that theyve repaired or a simple arthroscope cleanout of damaged cartlidge. Will suck for him when he is older but will recover from it fine.
Had two arthroscopes on both knees before I started running.

59 and have run multiple half marathons. Run a 10 k tonight after work.

I am 90 kegs and 183 cm. Lonie weighs 10 kgs less. He will be fine older in life.

Paddy is down for his career. It’s how we work on a exit strategy.

Finnis Bassat and Jack Rush should be able to sort it out before the end of this year. Playing him again is just a smokescreen

Surely we let him decide when he wants to retire. That doesn’t mean he plays again it just means he decides when and if he retires

Surely we let him decide when he wants to retire. That doesn’t mean he plays again it just means he decides when and if he retires

If he hasn’t made his mind up by the end of the season, I hope the club makes the decision for him. Not sure what his contract length is but there’s no point clogging up the list just so he gets paid doing nothing.

So we get another Rowe. No I’m happy to wait.

Lol , Sam Gilbert might be next in line.
But we don't need to replace him like for like, gives us a chance to look at anyone in the state leagues we think is promising.

Stack looked OK for Richmond.

If he hasn’t made his mind up by the end of the season, I hope the club makes the decision for him. Not sure what his contract length is but there’s no point clogging up the list just so he gets paid doing nothing.
Well he is entitled to it. If we tell him to retire and say bugger your contract it may end up in the courts. We have probably 8 to 10 players who won’t play this year. It’s not like one player clogs up the list He will most likely retire anyway if he gets bad news but let him decide when.

Lol , Sam Gilbert might be next in line.
But we don't need to replace him like for like, gives us a chance to look at anyone in the state leagues we think is promising.

Stack looked OK for Richmond.
Going better than ok but most aren’t. Not saying like for like just saying let him decide. We were going to Gilbert ahead of Rowe but he said no and by the time he said yes we picked Rowe.

Going better than ok but most aren’t. Not saying like for like just saying let him decide. We were going to Gilbert ahead of Rowe but he said no and by the time he said yes we picked Rowe.

But there are plenty going ok, and a few that are worth a punt still.
Our own Wilkie, and Parker, Hind and Young and Marsh were all playing state level footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You said Mitch Brown that went to Essendon was a spud too and he's been good, was killing it until injured this year.

You said Mitch Brown that went to Essendon was a spud too and he's been good, was killing it until injured this year.
Rowe and Gilbert are both finished , but I suppose they might of needed a warm body in case we run out of people , I predict he will not play - however they might give him a game towards the end of the year so he can get his 100th game if it's not going to effect us with finals , if we are still a chance.

If we are going to play that game it could go on and on. Not sure I’ve ever used spud but I didn’t think he was that good. Unlike you who keeps telling us all the stars you picked but never failures I get a few wrong. Big deal I’m not the person picking them. Killing it maybe a bit over the top. Has been dropped a fair few times whilst at Essendon. No idea what that has to do with making paddy retire so we may fluke a player.

Well he is entitled to it. If we tell him to retire and say bugger your contract it may end up in the courts. We have probably 8 to 10 players who won’t play this year. It’s not like one player clogs up the list He will most likely retire anyway if he gets bad news but let him decide when.
If Paddy was deciding when it would likely be at the end of 2020 which I believe is when he's contracted to. Might let him keep his AFL dream somewhat alive staying on a list but unfortunately won't help the Saints.

Wilkie in the rookie draft says there are good options out there still.

Yeah sure give him time but if he wants to play on we need to be strong and say not with us Paddy , There are millions of people out there that have had there dreams ended one way or another , we cant let him play again if its not in his best interest

If Paddy was deciding when it would likely be at the end of 2020 which I believe is when he's contracted to. Might let him keep his AFL dream somewhat alive staying on a list but unfortunately won't help the Saints.

Wilkie in the rookie draft says there are good options out there still.
Obviously won’t help the saints but as I said there are plenty on our list who won’t play. If we are keen for plenty in the draft there are a few options to delist. As you say he has contract so we can’t do a thing if he wants to try and play on anyway. And they need the best medical advise. I honestly don’t think it’s an issue whatever he decides.

I read somewhere that our club have tried to convince Paddy to retire already but both him, his family & management have flatly refused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read somewhere that our club have tried to convince Paddy to retire already but both him, his family & management have flatly refused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure how much truth there is to that tbh. I've asked some of his close mates and they say he hasn't really told anyone. Not even them.

Anyone seen the picture of Gearys leg? Unbelievable stuff. I really didn't enjoy looking at it.. made me physically ill. Amazing that a corky has caused that.

Rowe and Gilbert are both finished , but I suppose they might of needed a warm body in case we run out of people , I predict he will not play - however they might give him a game towards the end of the year so he can get his 100th game if it's not going to effect us with finals , if we are still a chance.

At the time, our tall defenders were, Brown and Joyce, with Joyce looking improved but his sole AFL game had been lack lustre.
Wilkie was drafted, but not tried, and surely we have doubts about his potential to play full back.
Battle had never played in defence. ( many of us were sceptical ).
It kind of made sense to try to get Gilbert, then get Rowe.

With Joyce looking comfortable at AFL level, and Battle thriving in defence, Wilkie tearing it apart as a third tall and Marsh in the wings, i'd certainly hope we were no longer looking towards Gilbert.
I'd prefer a ruck or midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back