The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Noah Answerth is a real find.

I won his #43 at last year's post draft dinner in Melbourne too, so he was always one that I was going to keenly follow.:thumbsu:

This. Just looked totally at home from his first touch. 200 gamer.

Thought Charlie Cameron was having a quiet start to the year but in reality he's had 6 more scoring shots to this point (compared to the first 6 rounds last year), 21 shots for the year, ranked equal 8th. He's just missing more (going at 47.6%).

Rayner is close behind him on 19 scoring shots. And Hippy has had 16.
Very positive to see our forwards getting so many chances. Rayner especially is projecting well. In his best patch of scoring shots last year (6 matches over Rounds 15-20) he had 14 scoring shots. So he's already matched that in the first 6 games this year.

We are developing nicely, it's not all going to happen this year but trust the process. There's a lot to look forward to.

Thought Charlie Cameron was having a quiet start to the year but in reality he's had 6 more scoring shots to this point (compared to the first 6 rounds last year), 21 shots for the year, ranked equal 8th. He's just missing more (going at 47.6%).

Rayner is close behind him on 19 scoring shots. And Hippy has had 16.
Very positive to see our forwards getting so many chances. Rayner especially is projecting well. In his best patch of scoring shots last year (6 matches over Rounds 15-20) he had 14 scoring shots. So he's already matched that in the first 6 games this year.

We are developing nicely, it's not all going to happen this year but trust the process. There's a lot to look forward to.

They are going to have a breakout game soon and we'll smash some unsuspecting team (Hopefully this week).

I feel like we are a proper club now. Competitive 1sts team. Players wanting to stay. Good players wanting to come. Talented young players getting to learn their craft and let their bodies grow while playing Neafl (instead of being exposed at afl level too early). Crowds and membership growing.
Well done to Fages, Noble, Swan and the others.
It's nice now that other people don't laugh at me when they find out I am a lions member!

I feel like we are a proper club now. Competitive 1sts team. Players wanting to stay. Good players wanting to come. Talented young players getting to learn their craft and let their bodies grow while playing Neafl (instead of being exposed at afl level too early). Crowds and membership growing.
Well done to Fages, Noble, Swan and the others.
It's nice now that other people don't laugh at me when they find out I am a lions member!
Agree. Very common for me now to get comments similar to "you'll be happy this week" on a regular basis.

So on Footy Classified last night they had this graphic of "under 24's" at Swans and North (both teams 1-5). They used this to show Roos are a long way behind even the Swans on young talent.

I thought "What is our "24 and under" list. All players are currently "under 25" and younger than Aliir Aliir who was born 5 September 1994.

Swans have 13 names on their list. the below includes 17 names all of whom are 'afl regulars' and doesn't include guys like Archie Smith, Keays, Ely Smith, Wooler, Ballendon, Starcevich who have some promise (either first round picks, shown it at AFL level or pushing case in reserves ATM).

Cameron
McInerney
Taylor
Cutler
Robertson
McStay
Gardiner
Andrews
Mathieson
Hipwood
Berry
McLuggage
Witherdon
Answerth
Bailey
Raynor

And here are the Carlton players (11) I'd put on a similar level to the above:
Plowman, McGovern, Cripps, Marchbank, Curnow, Weitering, Mckay, Petrovski-Seton, Fisher, O'Brien, Down, Walsh (+4 maybe Silvagni, Cunningham, Setterfield, Kennedy are similar to Mathieson/Robertson/Answerth/Bailey as edge of 22 players?)

58707962_10157152200833834_6140125279751766016_o.jpg

So on Footy Classified last night they had this graphic of "under 24's" at Swans and North (both teams 1-5). They used this to show Roos are a long way behind even the Swans on young talent.

I thought "What is our "24 and under" list. All players are currently "under 25" and younger than Aliir Aliir who was born 5 September 1994.

Swans have 13 names on their list. the below includes 17 names all of whom are 'afl regulars' and doesn't include guys like Archie Smith, Keays, Ely Smith, Wooler, Ballendon, Starcevich who have some promise (either first round picks, shown it at AFL level or pushing case in reserves ATM).

Cameron
McInerney
Taylor
Cutler
Robertson
McStay
Gardiner
Andrews
Mathieson
Hipwood
Berry
McLuggage
Witherdon
Answerth
Bailey
Raynor

Plowman, McGovern, Cripps, Marchbank, Curnow, Weitering, Mckay, Petrovski-Seton, Fisher, O'Brien, Down, Walsh (+4 maybe Silvagni, Cunningham, Setterfield, Kennedy are similar to Mathieson/Robertson/Answerth/Bailey as edge of 22 players?)

Zak Jones is 24 :O

That is a genuine shock.

Zak Jones is 24 :O

That is a genuine shock.
If he wasn't on the football field I reckon he'd be in prison by now... Every time I see him on a football field he seems to be trying to punch someone.

If he wasn't on the football field I reckon he'd be in prison by now... Every time I see him on a football field he seems to be trying to punch someone.
Bald Campbell Brown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron
McInerney
Taylor
Cutler
Robertson
McStay
Gardiner
Andrews
Mathieson
Hipwood
Berry
McLuggage
Witherdon
Answerth
Bailey
Raynor

That's underselling Carltons young player list if you're not going to include Setterfield, Cunningham and Kennedy on their main list of under 24 players.

That's underselling Carltons young player list if you're not going to include Setterfield, Cunningham and Kennedy on their main list of under 24 players.

That’s true, but they are in the same position as the players from Brisbane that they were compared to are in aren’t they? They are on the fringes of the 22 and certainly not the top of the young crop.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s true, but they are in the same position as the players from Brisbane that they were compared to are in aren’t they? They are on the fringes of the 22 and certainly not the top of the young crop.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Except you listed Mathieson and Bailey in our list, while only mentioning those players in brackets. Kennedy and especially Setterfield are much closer, if not part of, Carltons best 22 when healthy. Setterfield has the potential to be a deadset gun, the reason why he was a top 5 draft pick.

Kennedy might be comparable to Mathieson, albeit he has a better tank.

Positive is how dangerous we are. We've seen in 3 games this year where we nearly win the game in a 5min period. We have genuine dangerous forwards, and if you shut 2 of them down another 2 will pop up.

Our ball movement going inside 50 still isnt great, plenty of room for improvement still and as our ball movement gets better, our defense will as well. Also worth noting we are still getting the puzzle pieces in place for our back line, eapecially for the offensive side of the backline. If we can get a bit more speed and better ball movement from HB, it will increase our scoring, reduce turnovers and there actually reduce the score kicked against us.

We have no ceiling this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back