Preview Fremantle - v - Adelaide ; a pivotal game

Aug 22, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
If we sneak this one (I think it's a good chance imo ) I'm going to throw my house on the Tassie game. We're odds on to start winning away consistently from what I've seen so far and when we pip Adelaide at their home we'll believe we can win over east. Strap yourselves in....

DockerLoz

Rookie
Jun 9, 2017
Swan Valley, WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man U, Scorchers, South Freo
Sorry to hijack, but I will be over in Adelaide for the weekend and the game. I know they're training Friday at home but do you think they'll do a beach session or something on Sunday morning?

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I've paid the $75 for the ticket to see this game sitting alongside my Crows supporting family. Given the terrible record we have there it is an ugly price to pay if we cop a loss, but will pay dividends if we jag a win.

Looking forward to Nyhuis versus Betts.

Looking forward to a zero goals next to Walker.

Looking forward to getting a real life look at our forward line.

I've paid the $75 for the ticket to see this game sitting alongside my Crows supporting family. Given the terrible record we have there it is an ugly price to pay if we cop a loss, but will pay dividends if we jag a win.

I hope it's better than my real life look at our forward line this year. Then again, EVERY performance other than that one has been.

Definitely way more of a winnable game than I gave this at the start of the year. There's something about both this season as a whole and the Crows that gives me quite a bit of hope for Sunday

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I hope it's better than my real life look at our forward line this year. Then again, EVERY performance other than that one has been.

Definitely way more of a winnable game than I gave this at the start of the year. There's something about both this season as a whole and the Crows that gives me quite a bit of hope for Sunday
Their backline is a little depleted. May be able to work that to our advantage.

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm somewhat more excited for the game after this one. Richmond at home without Rance, Cotchin, Reiwoldt, Short, maybe Astbury or more. We should win that one.

As for Adelaide, we beat them at home when we were both worse teams. Pearce has beaten Tex a number of times before both in good form so that should be a good battle. Put switkowski on Smith and let Laird hack it 50m to our interceptos. Nyhuis is a great match up for Betts. Our forwards were down last week but they can rebound.

Like most games it will be won and lost in the centre, we have contested game to beat them and the outside run to do them on the spread.

This game and next week are pivotal to our chances of making finals. 2/2 and we just about get there, we can do it but it will take our best.

Freo by 9 points thanks.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
I'm somewhat more excited for the game after this one. Richmond at home without Rance, Cotchin, Reiwoldt, Short, maybe Astbury or more. We should win that one.

As for Adelaide, we beat them at home when we were both worse teams. Pearce has beaten Tex a number of times before both in good form so that should be a good battle. Put switkowski on Smith and let Laird hack it 50m to our interceptos. Nyhuis is a great match up for Betts. Our forwards were down last week but they can rebound.

Like most games it will be won and lost in the centre, we have contested game to beat them and the outside run to do them on the spread.

This game and next week are pivotal to our chances of making finals. 2/2 and we just about get there, we can do it but it will take our best.

Freo by 9 points thanks.
what's the deal with Reiwoldt?

wal

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
EFFC

Hey Gav are you familiar with Adelaide Oval?
I got my ticket and it appears to be general admission as it doesn't have a block number and seat 776?
Is this standing only?

MVIMG_20190502_145032.jpg

Aug 6, 2018
Karratha or Windsor Hotel
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
The most pivotal thing about this game to is not so much the WIn Loss
But the way we play by taking the game on and backing ourselves and playing a brand

In the past at Adelaide we have reverted to down the line crap as soon as the pressure was on with disastrous results

I honestly think this group has the confidence to take the game on and win but ghosts of games past still haunt

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Hmmm, Don't think we can match them in the middle without Blakely

Also we always get trounced at AO so can't see a win this round, hopefully the boys prove me wrong

Back