The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good for you mate
Do you understand possibly why so many on here are sick of you bringing up this topic when people try to use valid counterpoints and you plug your fingers in your ears?

Also a bit hypocritical to use sarcasm after crying last night about me being horrible and using sarcasm.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
I chatted to various people at work on Tuesday about GOT, from the analyst who sits next to me, to the AP clerk, to the CFO...

Plus there are forums like this, where the GoT thread will jump by 50+ pages in a week. And that’s on a football focused website too.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Plus there are forums like this, where the GoT thread will jump by 50+ pages in a week. And that’s on a football focused website too.
I can only relate to my own experiences, and the circles I move in whether they be at work or socially then there isn’t that shared experience you had back in the day. Happy to accept its different with the millennial generation, although I know millennials who don’t do the Netflix thing either

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Do you understand possibly why so many on here are sick of you bringing up this topic when people try to use valid counterpoints and you plug your fingers in your ears?

Also a bit hypocritical to use sarcasm after crying last night about me being horrible and using sarcasm.
Oh give it a rest. You spend your whole time on here arguing with people, you’re continually called out on it. I’m just stating my opinion which I’ve got from personal experience. If you don’t agree with it fair enough, but no need to get so worked up over it.

Oh give it a rest. You spend your whole time on here arguing with people, you’re continually called out on it. I’m just stating my opinion which I’ve got from personal experience. If you don’t agree with it fair enough, but no need to get so worked up over it.
Is that always your response when you have nothing else to fall back on?

It's quite sad that you don't have the maturity to once in a while acknowledge you might have been wrong.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I can only relate to my own experiences, and the circles I move in whether they be at work or socially then there isn’t that shared experience you had back in the day. Happy to accept its different with the millennial generation, although I know millennials who don’t do the Netflix thing either

You have already admitted in the past that you don’t watch any current TV shows so why would there be a shared experience between you and your circle of friends? Nothing to discuss in terms of TV - “around the water cooler” - if you don’t watch anything that is on TV. So I don’t think “no shared experience like back in my day” really applies with you.

Between forums, social media, Reddit pages for possibly every TV show in existence, there is plenty of shared experiences. I mean hell, Google “Game of Thrones Burlington Bar” and you will see the same group of 100+ people watching the latest GOT episode every week in a bar. I would label that as a shared experience. I am sure other bars do the same thing for other Uber popular shows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You have already admitted in the past that you don’t watch any current TV shows so why would there be a shared experience between you and your circle of friends? Nothing to discuss in terms of TV - “around the water cooler” - if you don’t watch anything that is on TV. So I don’t think “no shared experience like back in my day” really applies with you.

Between forums, social media, Reddit pages for possibly every TV show in existence, there is plenty of shared experiences. I mean hell, Google “Game of Thrones Burlington Bar” and you will see the same group of 100+ people watching the latest GOT episode every week in a bar. I would label that as a shared experience. I am sure other bars do the same thing for other Uber popular shows.
Valid point, but I’ve already explained I wasn’t the only person by any stretch who didn’t watch Netflix shows.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Valid point, but I’ve already explained I wasn’t the only person by any stretch who didn’t watch Netflix shows.

I don’t watch Netflix either. I mean I have it and my family watches it but everything I watch I download. In terms of Netflix content, I have seen what is on it and would say I have seen a decent amount of stuff that is on Netflix, anyway.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Netflix goes through phases where there's a heap to watch and other times where I can't get into anything. Just finished After Life thought it was very good, great mix of heavy and funny at the same time which I don't know i've seen anything like before

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Sad news for the Star Wars community :(

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back