Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Seemed a bit of tension between Rohan & Fine during the latter part of yesterday's show as Fine seemed to needle Rohan about his weight a bit more forcibly than you'd usually expect. I wonder whether it's because Rohan is incessantly badgering Fine to 'hurry it up'; tbh I find it a bit irritating. Is it such a big deal if the show goes 5-10 minutes longer than planned.

Finey's constant detours make it hard to listen to sometimes.

I used to love him on Finey's Final Siren, he probably had a producer in his ear to keep him on topic. I don't mind a detour during say the intro to the pod but when they are doing match previews / reviews and then diverge for 10 minutes to discuss some obscure 70's TV show it makes it really hard to listen to.

I really enjoyed last week when Rohan went on a rant about the media not talking about footy but all the drama around it. It is the most frustrating part about AFL Media, not enough game analysis.

Last edited:

Not going to lie, next time I'm in Melbourne I'm going to check them out.

It's Danny's Burgers (established 1945, so a few years younger than Andrew's) for me in North Fitzroy, probably just because of geography. Have not been there for a while but over 30 years they have never let me down. I don't get the hype over burger trucks and a lot of these new fandangle burgers they serve... just give me the classic.

Seemed a bit of tension between Rohan & Fine during the latter part of yesterday's show as Fine seemed to needle Rohan about his weight a bit more forcibly than you'd usually expect. I wonder whether it's because Rohan is incessantly badgering Fine to 'hurry it up'; tbh I find it a bit irritating. Is it such a big deal if the show goes 5-10 minutes longer than planned.
You got a mention about this on the latest show

As others have said, enjoyed the segment on the umpires. Personally speaking, find discussion about umpiring standards the most boring topic in footy and Fine and Connolly explained why it is very well.

You got a mention about this on the latest show

Yes, it was a pleasant surprise. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as Connolly was probably one of the very few footy journos reading sites like Bigfooty to see what the public thought about issues before the advent of social media made it essential for all footy journos to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

small kek at the shoutout to bigfooty. I like tangent topics. Also Finey's Andrew's Hamburgers spruiking is working on me, and Im from Perth.

My fine feathered friend, do as Rohan and Finey say and get your arse down to Andrew's Hamburgers. I took my 19-year-old there last night. He scarfed the thing in about 30 seconds. I'd earlier played some video footage of Rohan and Finey doing interviews on C31 and he knew straight away that these blokes wouldn't lie about a burger.

I played 'Guerrilla Radio' on the way in and my kid indeed asked me to turn that **** up. Rohan, you're an influencer. I expect to see you on MAFS very soon.

Great last show boys. I personally love the digressions. The format has matured and it's now my go-to footy listen. Finey, you'll always be Finey to us. Wagstaff needs to harden up.

My fine feathered friend, do as Rohan and Finey say and get your arse down to Andrew's Hamburgers. I took my 19-year-old there last night. He scarfed the thing in about 30 seconds. I'd earlier played some video footage of Rohan and Finey doing interviews on C31 and he knew straight away that these blokes wouldn't lie about a burger.

I played 'Guerrilla Radio' on the way in and my kid indeed asked me to turn that **** up. Rohan, you're an influencer. I expect to see you on MAFS very soon.

Great last show boys. I personally love the digressions. The format has matured and it's now my go-to footy listen. Finey, you'll always be Finey to us. Wagstaff needs to harden up.
much better as a podcast as you do not have to put up with finey's fidgeting and furtive looking around. he's just not suited to the visual medium.:eek:

much better as a podcast as you do not have to put up with finey's fidgeting and furtive looking around. he's just not suited to the visual medium.:eek:

Yeah. The great thing about this being a podcast and not a channel 31 tv show is that we don't have to see Finey scratching his balls on camera every week and i can listen to it while walking the dogs! :D

This is my go-to footy podcast these days. The Fox one became too gimmicky and the banter just completely over the top. The Age a bit boring. Clubland ones nauseatingly partisan. RoCo and Finey have a simple formula which focuses mostly on dissecting the game, less focus on the tiresome “issue of the week” crap. Who played well and why and who didn’t. Good stuff.

This is the best footy show on radio, TV or the net.
I do, however, have a bone to pick with the show for perpetuating one of the great problems with AFL media.
The week before last, Roco said that the Aaron Naughton experiment had failed and Footscray risked ruining a young defender by playing him forward.
Fair enough. Valid opinion.
A week later, after Naughton's amazing performance against Richmond, Roco singled him out as one of his 'Hots' of the round. In doing so, however, he said "people" had been saying that the Dogs' were risking him by playing him forward etc.
"People"? That was Rohan Connolly. He even put on a funny voice suggesting he was quoting these unnamed "people".
This cowardice in backing one's one call is a pandemic across footy media, but I gave these blokes more credit.
Everyone gets thing wrong. Only the pi$$weak won't acknowledge it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back