• Draw

• Brisbane by 1-24

• Brisbane by 25-49

• Brisbane by 50+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodge doesn't do too much other than tell players where to stand. He's been a poor one on one defender from the games I've seen.

Any chance the Jack in is going to provide not only for leadership and a bit of contested footy but also a rotation for Mills so he can be exposed to the midfield during the game. You can’t rotate COR in the midfield. The overall changes are fairly risk averse on the surface, however if they allow some positional experimentation, well I can cop that.

To clarify, do you mean that there is no reason that YOU can identify why Jack was selected in the senior team this week? It appears that there are plenty of reasons why the match review committee thought he was worth selecting.

I wouldn't exactly call a former captain of the Swans who has played 250 games experience for the club a "tried and failed guy". Or were you referring to the other two selections in Hayward and Fox?

He can be a 250 game former captain and great of the club and still be a tried and failed guy. We've been trying to get him to contribute for us since 2016, and he's been failing to do so.

Anyone who falls to ground at first contact should not be playing AFL, young or old, champion or spud.

In any case, CORs omission seems to me to be the best thing for his career, every game he gets overlooked he seems to become an even better and more valuable player, by the middle of the year if he continues to get overlooked he will be close to GOAT.

Right. Great answer to my question about Jack's mysterious sacking to the NEAFL.

Jack got selected in the seniors on no form in the NEAFL but he never played NEAFL.
Or he did play NEAFL he just wasn't dropped.

Very interesting.
It's almost like Schrodinger's cat had a Schrodinger's cat.

Jack got selected in the seniors on no form in the NEAFL but he never played NEAFL.
Or he did play NEAFL he just wasn't dropped.

Very interesting.
It's almost like Schrodinger's cat had a Schrodinger's cat.

He played NEAFL. He was never dropped to the NEAFL. You specifically said he was sent back to the NEAFL. He started his season in the NEAFL, but only because of his delayed pre-season, nothing to do with his form.

Who wins a 30 meter race to the ball for a game winning goal with 23 second left in the game?

a. Mills
b. Hodge
c. The siren
or
d. One of Cameron, Raynar, Zorko or even Robinson after giving them a 20 meter head-start.

He played NEAFL. He was never dropped to the NEAFL. You specifically said he was sent back to the NEAFL. He started his season in the NEAFL, but only because of his delayed pre-season, nothing to do with his form.

Soz. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if we are rebuilding why is Jack back in the team? why not give Rowbottom another game and in the MIDDLE.

I'm not even that pressed about Rowbottom missing out. I think he deserved another chance but I've always said I'd rather he, Blakey etc spend most of the year in the NEAFL to avoid their earliest experiences at senior level just being beltings. But COR is now in his third or fourth year, is it? He's become a leader of the reserves team. I think he could've carried the mantle better than either Rowbottom or Jack to avoid beltings in the first place.

So if we are rebuilding why is Jack back in the team? why not give Rowbottom another game and in the MIDDLE.
On field leadership in a really young team. Structures etc. Pretty obvious he's still highly respected within the team and by the coaches.

I don't see the reason for hype he gets here

It's not hype. How can there be hype about someone who has only played 4 games.

But alternatively, how can there be such negativity for someone who has only played 4 games.

Can't speak for others but the guy's never played a bad game at senior level yet. Never blown us away but never been poor, either. Done all that's asked of him in the NEAFL and more. He just deserves a chance.

It's not hype. How can there be hype about someone who has only played 4 games.

But alternatively, how can there be such negativity for someone who has only played 4 games.

Can't speak for others but the guy's never played a bad game at senior level yet. Never blown us away but never been poor, either. Done all that's asked of him in the NEAFL and more. He just deserves a chance.
So who does he replace in the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back