Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signs with GWS]

Remove this Banner Ad

awww, come on. Surely after so many threads and so much rubbish posted we should be able to gloat - just a little bit.

I mean, that's twice now he has passed up heaps more money and the "lure home" to stay with us.

even now we have to put up with "but... but... in 2 years... " as if that's somehow going to make a difference.

I think a little justified gloating should be allowed.

my [deleted] post wasn't mean, wasn't nasty, didn't call out anyone by name, just basically consisted of a long string of hahahahahaha's and then generally asked north supporters to give it up as a lost cause.

oh well. I will just have to be content with my club securing one of the most sought after players in the league.

it is funny, though, watching the reactions from certain quarters.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I think you will find most Roo supporters as well as the club knew a long time ago he was staying.

It’s a great get and you lost a lot of players in order to keep him. Hopefully for the Giants that the biggest win the club has had is no longer a signature and you get your flag. I don’t mind the Giants.

In 2 years.

I see this as making a Cogs resigning more likely but only for two years.

Kelly and Cogs would be talking about this all the time. Reckon Cogs and Kelly will give it a crack for 2 more years while the premiership window is open.

Well it sounds like Kelly got a good paying and flexible contract.

Fair chance Cogs would want one to. Security plus flexibility.

Smart play by North Melbourne, obviously could’ve signed him this time as per their handshake agreement but very cunningly opted out to wait a further 2 years when Kelly becomes a FA and the club can ruthlessly swoop in and pounce on the lifelong kangaroos supporter no longer having to trade for him!!

Yes North melbourne and your wily supporters have truly outsmarted the competition , yet again!

It does seem feasible that North Melbourne will still be struggling by the end of 2021 (i think their current list age and demographic suggests things will get worse before they better for the Roos), so i think they need to forget about Kelly an ust have a good 4 years of solid drafting any young player development..

Their current season has the potential to go belly up like Carlton's final season under Malthouse, i cannot for the life of me see the bounce back up next season (undera new coach i presume)

Kelly to North would be akin to Judd to Carlton, a nice coup sure, but would simply be papering over the many cracks starting to appear

Well well what do you know mate!

Kelly signs and unprecedent, revolutionary contract with options for the player to extend out up to 10 years.

An American style contract never seen before.

Well bugger me................didnt see THAT coming did you!!!

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/04...has-re-signed-with-gws-on-revolutionary-deal/

As I said open your other eye and your mind. Clever manager and a clever lawyer.

Pity you went to all the trouble to create the multi-quote but not to assimilate the simple truth.

Pity you went to all the trouble to create the multi-quote but not to assimilate the simple truth.

OK.

I said a clever manager and lawyer will get a contract over the line with some form of option clause in Kelly's favor. I then said AFL contracts will evolve and take on board option clauses used in other more mature overseas competition.

You stomped your foot down and said NO, that's fantasy stuff. Can't be done, just won't happen. Stop being silly.

Well it happened. Kelly got his option clauses and the contract took on clauses that we had never seen in Australia before. The player contract landscape changed....it evolved.

No one can stop change or evolution.

Something I learned on BF a while ago is at times you can hold the wrong view for whatever reason. Better off shrugging it off and admit 'well I got that angle wrong' and move on. Once I even posted an apology on the Crows board for doubting their chances in a season and just admitted sorry I was wrong and well done so far. Got a fair few likes and even responses saying they were amazed that I bothered to apologise at all but thanks anyway. BTW I'm not chasing an apology from you.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does seem feasible that North Melbourne will still be struggling by the end of 2021 (i think their current list age and demographic suggests things will get worse before they better for the Roos), so i think they need to forget about Kelly an ust have a good 4 years of solid drafting any young player development..

Their current season has the potential to go belly up like Carlton's final season under Malthouse, i cannot for the life of me see the bounce back up next season (undera new coach i presume)

Kelly to North would be akin to Judd to Carlton, a nice coup sure, but would simply be papering over the many cracks starting to appear
I agree, but things can change quickly. It seems north are wasting the career of a gun key forward like Ben Brown. They really stuffed it at the end of 2016 by not trading out Tarrant, who would have had good trade value then ( in my opinion clubs overpay tradewise for 27-28 year old players as they pay for the quality of the Players past good games, despite them only having 4 more good years left.

OK.

I said a clever manager and lawyer will get a contract over the line with some form of option clause in Kelly's favor. I then said AFL contracts will evolve and take on board option clauses used in other more mature overseas competition.

You stomped your foot down and said NO, that's fantasy stuff. Can't be done, just won't happen. Stop being silly.

Well it happened. Kelly got his option clauses and the contract took on clauses that we had never seen in Australia before. The player contract landscape changed....it evolved.

No one can stop change or evolution.

Something I learned on BF a while ago is at times you can hold the wrong view for whatever reason. Better off shrugging it off and admit 'well I got that angle wrong' and move on. Once I even posted an apology on the Crows board for doubting their chances in a season and just admitted sorry I was wrong and well done so far. Got a fair few likes and even responses saying they were amazed that I bothered to apologise at all but thanks anyway. BTW I'm not chasing an apology from you.;)
It is in fact fantasy stuff though. Kelly does not have an option clause in contract, and can't have one.

Dave Matthews has said clearly there''s an unenforceable statement.if intent and the AFL has confirmed it.

Chuckling at your graciously not demanding an apology for declinng to enjoin with your fantasy.

It is in fact fantasy stuff though. Kelly does not have an option clause in contract, and can't have one.

Dave Matthews has said clearly there''s an unenforceable statement.if intent and the AFL has confirmed it.

Chuckling at your graciously not demanding an apology for declinng to enjoin with your fantasy.

Ok. You enjoy thinking you are never wrong Isaac.:thumbsu:

Just like last year when you were adamant that GWS didnt have any salary cap issues and people were silly saying otherwise Then all of a sudden Shiels, Lobb and Scully all gone.

Ok. You enjoy thinking you are never wrong Isaac.:thumbsu:

Just like last year when you were adamant that GWS didnt have any salary cap issues and people were silly saying otherwise Then all of a sudden Shiels, Lobb and Scully all gone.
And now you defect with nonsense. Predictable, and accusing me of not admitting when I am wrong is troll that might work on some.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-01/giants-get-their-man-star-midfielder-resigns

Mostly Above Average. I guess the question I would have would be: what are his game winning traits?

The exact same question can be asked of your boy o'meara.

https://m.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro#/Compare?playerIds=CD_I296347,CD_I294613&comparisonTab=h2h

I guess you consider the jagermeister equally ineffective as a matchwinner given their career stats are practically identical?

Smart play by North Melbourne, obviously could’ve signed him this time as per their handshake agreement but very cunningly opted out to wait a further 2 years when Kelly becomes a FA and the club can ruthlessly swoop in and pounce on the lifelong kangaroos supporter no longer having to trade for him!!

Yes North melbourne and your wily supporters have truly outsmarted the competition , yet again!

It's all part of their 'aggressive reset'

The exact same question can be asked of your boy o'meara.

https://m.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro#/Compare?playerIds=CD_I296347,CD_I294613&comparisonTab=h2h

I guess you consider the jagermeister equally ineffective as a matchwinner given their career stats are practically identical?

1. OMear wasnt offered anywhere near the same contract
2. OMeara missed 2 years of football and was meant to be damaged goods
3. OMeara has a fair few Elite ratings. Kelly doesnt.
4. Nice melt. I was asking about Kelly.

Are you saying he has no elite traits?

1. OMear wasnt offered anywhere near the same contract
2. OMeara missed 2 years of football and was meant to be damaged goods
3. OMeara has a fair few Elite ratings. Kelly doesnt.
4. Nice melt. I was asking about Kelly.

Are you saying he has no elite traits?

You don't watch much football if you don't rate kelly.
Worth every penny of his million bucks.

Ps. Jaeger signed with you blokes for money not too dissimilar to josh's new contract given there has since been a 20% increase in salarly cap, effectively inflating the price of each subsequent contract accordingly.

You don't watch much football if you don't rate kelly.
Worth every penny of his million bucks.

Ps. Jaeger signed with you blokes for money not too dissimilar to josh's new contract given there has since been a 20% increase in salarly cap, effectively inflating the price of each subsequent contract accordingly.

Really?

So you're saying that Kelly also signed for $700k like JOM has been on and re-signed for only a couple of weeks ago.

4moreforJOM.jpg

That's a massive statement and also a massive win for the GIANTS which is honestly good to see.

Here I was thinking that it'd take $1M a season to get a deal done 🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

Back