Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petracca certainly looks like someone that would benefit from a change. Maybe even to a non-AFL state.

But, at only 23 years of age Melbourne wouldn't let him go cheaply. It would take a first round pick to get him you would think. If he is still underwhelming at the end of 2020 then it's becoming a Jack Watts, Colin Sylvia type situation for them and they might just be happy to move him on for whatever.

Would have to wash the Melbourne off him first and give him an attitude readjustment.

Keeping him out of mummy's kitchen and on the training track would also be required, however I'm not sure if he could handle that.

Thought this would be interesting to compare a game now & then...
View attachment 659340View attachment 659341
If one came at 1-1.2m & the other 400k cheaper but for a draft pick & steak knives what would you do?

I'd most likely think f**k it and just get them both, cue the little Mexican girl.

If we were able to land both of these elite midfielders for $1.6M we are doing well.

I'm pretty sure that Brad Crouch is OOC next season, would our 2021 First Round Selection and TOB get the deal done?

Last edited:

I'd probably think... geeze, I'd be pretty dumb to base that kind of decision on a single game.
B2BE9186-1AB7-4B44-89E6-96C0A1783417.jpeg 7E530029-889B-4023-8198-1145B2C0F689.jpeg

It won’t be based on one game by the end of the season.
Here is a second look just for shits & giggles.
Both had a significant contribution to their team winning

Petracca has been overweight and unfit from the day he was drafted. Some kids think they can survive on natural talent and dont have the work ethic required to fullfil their potential. He still has time but so far its been the same every year
You're looking at it all wrong, 4P.

Imagine the commitment it takes to run around like a lazy, fat mid for Melbourne for years, just trying to drive your trade price down so you can one day get to Hawthorn for a Future 4th Rounder...

Took Hendo close to 10 years to get his chance to play here, but now look at him.

Give it 2-3 years & watch Petracca put off contract talks, declare that he's 'homesick', move 4-6km closer to Dingley, then start to realise his potential when we strip weight off him & play him off the Half Back Flank!

Petracca has been overweight and unfit from the day he was drafted. Some kids think they can survive on natural talent and dont have the work ethic required to fullfil their potential. He still has time but so far its been the same every year

Petracca is ridiculously heavy for his height, it only hurts him.

It's not as though he's naturally THAT talented either, he'll never be a league top 10 or even 20 player. It's always risky drafting a guy who is as physically developed as Petracca because that is a huge advantage for them in the U18 comp, where it isn't quite against men.

Elite talent with the drive to be the best and scope for improvement are much safer picks, but also picks that the teams who get the high picks can't necessarily take.

I hope we're having a serious look at Mitch Hibberd for the mid season draft to take Mohr's spot. Of all the guys in the lower leagues I reckon he has the most scope to improve and play at the level.

Honestly I was surprised when we went for Lovell and not him in 2015 as I was convinced we were interested in him. He has very good endurance, great height and he's put on a lot of size since his draft year. Much better inside player now than he was before and is an absolute ripper kick on the outside.

1556836851892.png

Because he is fat.
Is he though? He seems to have a lot more muscle mass than blokes his height, especially in the leg area. I'd say he might be able to drop to 93kg comfortably but any more than that & he'd probably be eating too much into his muscle.

I think they just need to chuck him in the guts & winning the contested ball. That's where he belongs.

Is he though? He seems to have a lot more muscle mass than blokes his height, especially in the leg area. I'd say he might be able to drop to 93kg comfortably but any more than that & he'd probably be eating too much into his muscle.

I think they just need to chuck him in the guts & winning the contested ball. That's where he belongs.

Who do you displace?

They have an elite motor room already, they don't need him there. He's probably equal to the guys they already have in the guts, just less fit and he's a better threat forward than they are.

Who do you displace?

They have an elite motor room already, they don't need him there. He's probably equal to the guys they already have in the guts, just less fit and he's a better threat forward than they are.
I'd say he just needs more midfield minutes in general in the sense of rotations. Could definitely chuck Oliver, Brayshaw, Jones up forward for more spells & considering Petracca's output up forward I don't think they would be too much of a difference.

I'd say he just needs more midfield minutes in general in the sense of rotations. Could definitely chuck Oliver, Brayshaw, Jones up forward for more spells & considering Petracca's output up forward I don't think they would be too much of a difference.
He's a fat campaigner and would blow up in minutes, wouldnt be able to run both ways and his opponent would slice Melbourne to pieces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we're having a serious look at Mitch Hibberd for the mid season draft to take Mohr's spot. Of all the guys in the lower leagues I reckon he has the most scope to improve and play at the level.

Honestly I was surprised when we went for Lovell and not him in 2015 as I was convinced we were interested in him. He has very good endurance, great height and he's put on a lot of size since his draft year. Much better inside player now than he was before and is an absolute ripper kick on the outside.

View attachment 666422

He was convinced too we were taking him man. He, like many, was shocked we took Lovell.

With the $tains likely to finish bottom 2 this year I wouldn't be surprised if we try to prise their 1st pick via a trade to snare Anderson. Would need to involve our 1st pick + player and/or another pick but could it perhaps involve Buddy (eg to help them with their salary cap)?

Geelong gets top 10 pick for Kelly.
On-traded to Hawthorn.
Geelong receive Worpel.

Hawthorn trades picks to move up in the draft and selects Anderson.
Dry your eyes mate.

Last edited:
I'm all for going the big targets, but perhaps there is some value in players that meet an immediate need like;
Tom Clurey 25yo 193cm KPD
Jeremy Finlayson 23 yo 196cm KPF
Will Brodie 20 yo 189cm mid

Maybe even Jordan Galluci from Adelaide to replace Poppy.

Mid season draft Zane Barzen

FS McGuiness

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

On-traded to Hawthorn.
Geelong receive Worpel.

Dry your eyes mate.
We wont need to move up the draft. We will be picking inside 5 at this rate and we are an injury to O'meara or Mcevoy from having atop two pick. The idea of trading Worpel is not real. We will not trade a future star to them.

I'm all for going the big targets, but perhaps there is some value in players that meet an immediate need like;
Tom Clurey 25yo 193cm KPD
Jeremy Finlayson 23 yo 196cm KPF
Will Brodie 20 yo 189cm mid

Maybe even Jordan Galluci from Adelaide to replace Poppy.

Mid season draft Zane Barzen

FS McGuiness

Scrub Tom Clurey, just signed new deal with Power.

On-traded to Hawthorn.
Geelong receive Worpel.

Dry your eyes mate.
We do need to strengthen our midfield but trading out one of our few good young midfielders to get one. We need numbers of midfielders not just an upgrade on one of our current ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back